Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladder Match BoooooooYa!

• 10-09-2004 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

I cant for this. It will be awsome.
    Raw on Thursday night was the best one I'v seen in a while.
    Unforgiven looks set to be the best event of the year so far

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

No it doesnt, apart from the ladder match, there isnt much else on the crad to get too excited over.

I do agree though that RAW was excellent this week, as was Smackdown. In fact, SD is becoming an awful lot better these days, but alot of that could be down to the Eddie-Kurt feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Spoiler

On papper it was the best of the year but it was laking in build up. Micheals return and the ladder match made it pritty damn good. The main event was pritty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

gimmick wrote:
    No it doesnt, apart from the ladder match, there isnt much else on the crad to get too excited over.

I do agree though that RAW was excellent this week, as was Smackdown. In fact, SD is becoming an awful lot better these days, but alot of that could be down to the Eddie-Kurt feud.

I'm completely sick of the Eddie-Kurt feud , i don't mind two guys having an on going angle where they hate each, Hart/Micheals and Austin/Rock did it for years, but actually wrestling each other week after week is just plain boring.The Cena/Booker best of 5000 series is'nt exactly excitment city either.The US title is barely worth the effort of winning one match.

Even the ancient angle of having Big Show give choke slams to every one in the arena was more entertaining than watching these guys wrestle again and again and again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I'd have to disagree with you there, if they give us eddie vs kurt every single week i won't complain. Cena and Booker on theit best days couldn't have a match as good as eddie and kurt on their worst.
    Also, they're not going to do the matched every week unfortunately, and three matches between two great wrestlers who haven't faced eachother since march is hardly excessive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I thought unforgiven was crap and ladder match was a complete joke. Jericho and Christian are stale and gone past their prime as wrestlers now I feel. The ladder match was so bad, how could u like it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I'd have to disagree with you there, if they give us eddie vs kurt every single week i won't complain. Cena and Booker on theit best days couldn't have a match as good as eddie and kurt on their worst.
    Also, they're not going to do the matched every week unfortunately, and three matches between two great wrestlers who haven't faced eachother since march is hardly excessive.

With about 40-50 Lads on the SM roster , i think having the same two wrestle each other , no matter how good they are ( and they are good ) , is excessive. They are both great characters and i'm all for a feud with longevity , Gods knows some feuds are a joke they last so little time, i just think there is enough scoop there to do more they have them wrestle each other 3 times in a month even if it was different types of matches.
    After Luther Reigns cost Eddie the 2 otta 3 match , he should have been in the lumber jack , not Kurt.
    Raw was the same , HHH-Eugene at Summerslam , them 2 weeks in a row on Raw? come on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I liked the ladder match but some of the spots weren't very clean it was like watching one of RVD's opponents position himself for the frog splash..it looks stupid and they don't need it since he can just adjust himself in mid air

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

elvis2002 wrote:
    I thought unforgiven was crap and ladder match was a complete joke. Jericho and Christian are stale and gone past their prime as wrestlers now I feel. The ladder match was so bad, how could u like it?

Where to start on this?

Why did you not like the Ladder Match? I thought it was solid. Certainly not a classic, but entertaining none the less. Not every ladder match can be off the chart.

Now, Jericho past his prime??? What in the blue hell are you on about. Jericho, perhaps, is a victim of his own luck, in that he has not had a bad injusy since his debut in 1999, where he has been sidelined for any prolonged amount of time. Whewn io say victim of his own luck, I mean that perhasp, he isnt as over as he was. Notice with all the other main eventers in wwe they have all had something to keep them out for a while. Kurt, Benoit, trips, Eddie, Edge. Taker etc etc etc. When they return after an injury the crowd are delighed to see them, and their giimick is somewhat prolonged from there.

But to say that Y2J is past his prime at 33, is probably the most nonsensical post i have ever, seen, ever.....ever. Y2J is a future champ. He is one of the most consistent performers on both the mic and in the ring, as the wwf/e has ever seen. He can mat wrestle, he can fly, he can take a good bump, he can sell a move excellently. At 33, he is younger than Kurt, Benoit, Guerrero, HBK, Booker T, same age as HHH. None of them are past their prime, are they???? Y2J can deliver no matter where in the roster he is, be it mid, lower or main eventing.

Maybe, a bit of a break would do him good, in order for him to refrsh his character, but past his prime????

Ditto gors for Christian. Unlike Jericho, he has been very unlucky w injuries, and his singles career so far has been very stop/start, yet he has been IC champ, Euro champ. he is a very solid mid carder who will easily make the main event sooner or later. Like Jericho he can cut a brilliant promo, deliver in the ring, and is all round entertaining.

Y2J and CLB have been involved in some great angles in their time, and will be in may more great matches, great feuds, great angles. To say they are past their prime is a joke.

wew,...rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Y2J should be a current champion he wasn't even given a chance as undisputed champ..I agree with the last post Y2J is great and as for Christian..As one of the millions and millions of his peeps I'd love to see him get a right push..The Guy is a Legend...Granma Etna!

Advertisement