Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I have a cup of cat shíte coffee please

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I've tried Kopi Luwak. I wouldn't say it was the best coffee I've ever tasted, but it was certainly very good. In terms of smoothness it is without equal, however I actually prefer the Kenyan Mamuto I bought from Terrior. It has an intense, rich, roundly tart flavour, with notes of honey, lemon, black currant, flowers and flowering grass. It's quite delicate with a sweetly bright acidity and a silky mouthfeel. There's also honey and ripe lemon saturate with a long, rich finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I have also tried it. Its nice. I didnt pay for it mind you and I wouldnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

Thats batshít crazy

*for some reason, i always thought it was collected from bat droppings

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I've tried Kopi Luwak. I wouldn't say it was the best coffee I've ever tasted, but it was certainly very good. In terms of smoothness it is without equal, however I actually prefer the Kenyan Mamuto I bought from Terrior. It has an intense, rich, roundly tart flavour, with notes of honey, lemon, black currant, flowers and flowering grass. It's quite delicate with a sweetly bright acidity and a silky mouthfeel. There's also honey and ripe lemon saturate with a long, rich finish.

So basically you are saying "Dats some good sh1t, Man!"

Pretentious Emperors new clothes twaddle tbh.

Who is the freak who discovered this delicacy. Hmmm, I wonder will this catsh1t I just found make a nice brew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

A colleague of mine brought some to work a few years ago, and we brewed it up. Twas lovely. I'd drink it again, maybe have it with some nutella sandwiches and a gooey chocolate muffin.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Calibos wrote: »
    So basically you are saying "Dats some good sh1t, Man!"

Pretentious Emperors new clothes twaddle tbh.

Who is the freak who discovered this delicacy. Hmmm, I wonder will this catsh1t I just found make a nice brew?

No, I'm basically saying exactly what I said. If you want to down dress it to make it look stupid you can go ahead but to people who enjoy coffee and actually make the appreciation of the drink a hobby then yes, it tastes different and yes, that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

I like my cheap bitter coffee. Makes me feel all artistic inside.

So, I wouldn't touch that cats ass with a coffee-grinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I would like to try that coffee but at someone else's expense.

What I find strange is how they discovered that coffee beans digested by a particular cat would taste nice.

Suppose it's similar to the question of the man who discovered you can get milk from cows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

They used to sell this in BTs about 10 or 12 years ago, along with vodka with a scorpion in the bottle, and chocolate covered ants, and other stuff like that from this range - http://www.edible.com/shop/

I know because I bought a bag of it as a Christmas present for some people. I think it cost about 10 punts at the time. I won't ask them if they remember what it was like because they most likely put it in the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Meh, freshly roasted beans from Hasbean is about as exotic as it gets for me. This does have a feel of the emperors new clothes about it but hey it's your money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

CruelCoin wrote: »
    If i came across it i would try it.

Ah here, one flavour at a time fella...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A mate's brother bought a bag of it back from holiday a while back, so i tried it. Its not bad, not as bitter as regular coffee, has a sweeter almost chocolate like taste to it. Prefer regular coffee though and wouldn't pay that price for a cup.

And Civets are not cats :P

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A mate's brother bought a bag of it back from holiday a while back, so i tried it. Its not bad, not as bitter as regular coffee, has a sweeter almost chocolate like taste to it. Prefer regular coffee though and wouldn't pay that price for a cup.

And Civets are not cats :P

They are toddycats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

davet82 wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2012/0407/1224314406241.html

who the fcuk drinks this Celtic Tiger Cat coffee? Not because its from a cats arse but because they are charging 26 euro a cup! Anybody here ever drink it? I heard the guy who supplys it in Ireland on the radio this morning saying he cannot keep up with the demand :eek:

€26 a cup. Am I seeing things?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

forfuxsake wrote: »
    They are toddycats!

Right you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

The absolute cheek of this existing.. :rolleyes:

hint OP, don't buy it.

As a coffee fan, I wouldn't mind trying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

After looking at some of your previous posts I'm convinced you're the lovechild of Frazier Crane and Patrick Bateman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

I would like to try it. I would prefer if it was dog**** though, I hate cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Admittedly, I haven't read all of the replies on this thread, but has anyone thought to mention the coffee in Starbucks always tasted like cat shyte?

Advertisement