Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Circumcision Story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Penn wrote: »
    F
    Anyone else managed to conceal the fact they've had it done?
    Anyone see any flaws with this plan or advice to help me achieve all this?

it's easy to conceal it - maybe not as much from your family, but as for everyone else, unless you're whipping it out, they won't know :) My excuse was that I had a bone spur removed from my foot - it fits the recovery time, explains the limp and it fits with the "not major surgery but enough to nobble you for a week or so" profile.

Your plan sounds grand to me - 9 days should be plenty. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hollypop

Hey guys.
    Some surgeons do sutureless circumcisions. one even has a clinical paper on his technique Not sure if Im allowed give names and places but look it up online. Not as sore and no suture removals. I work in different hospitals so I've seen it been done. Very quick operation. Only a few minutes long.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 buzzzsnip

Penn wrote: »
    Finally decided to take the plunge and I'm going to get this done. Noticed a few weeks ago that my foreskin seemed to be getting a bit tighter (couldn't see the head anyway, but felt tighter taking a p*ss).

Have to go to the doctors in a few weeks anyway for something else, so I'll get her to have a look at it then and tell me what my options are (would probably prefer a male doctor, but f*ck paying to go to the doctors twice in the same general time period. Expensive enough as it is)

I'm thinking of going to the <snip> I've seen mentioned here. Because of my job, I can't afford to take too long off work. And even though it's an office job, there can be a lot of walking/movement, so the <snip> way seems to have less of a recovery period. Plus, I live at home and would rather not tell anyone about what I'm having done.

So without knowing too much about what's going to happen, my plan is to hopefully book it for a Friday and take that whole next week off work (so that and the Friday would give me about 9 days to recover), then stay at home and say I hurt my knee to explain walking funny.

Anyone else managed to conceal the fact they've had it done?

Anyone see any flaws with this plan or advice to help me achieve all this?

And thanks to all. Your stories have made the whole thing easier for others to do, especially once you've gotten past the "OH MY GOD MY PENIS LOOKS DISEASED AND MUTILATED" posts and get to the "I'm so glad I had this done" posts

Hi Penn

You would have more than enough days to recover - I had the procedure done in the <snip> - the Doc uses laser for the procedure and this works brilliant - I had very little pain and very quick recovery - was still quite bruised and bit swollen, but nothing major... the doc told me about 5 - 7 days would be fine before work - but , like you I could not afford to take time off - had the procedure done and was back in work on the Monday..that was day 4 and honestly walked and acted normal - had a bit discomfort - nothing that the numbing cream did not quick settled... no stitches either... all dissolvable and inside - did not have to struggle with stitches and dressings and did not have to go back to have removed!! Was surprising and very rewarding experience...all working well at last after struggling for years!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 buzzzsnip

STICKABOO wrote: »
    Hi Buzzsnip... my first time on the blog today , but following the blogs for the last few months now...badly need some correction down there... i see lots of guys happy with the <snip> and i have appointment next week with the doc...hold my breath... why i write ..see you say that the doc did something to make the shaft thicker? did i understand you correctly that you have increased in size? i asked my doc today and he said he knows about it, but not sure how its done and if this done in Ireland? what this about if you don't mind telling me...will definitely ask him next week, but want to know from somebody who had this done if for real? did not want to make a fool of myself.. already feels awkward!! seems you had this done with your circum? that correct? sorry to bother? hope not tooooo personal.hehe we all kinda exposed out here:D

Hi Stickaboo - sorry for the late reply... hope still in time before you see the doc. Yes, I opted for the option to increase my shaft thickness;) The doc explained to me when we discussed the procedure that it is sometimes possible if there is excess tissue under the foreskin left that he can use this in a certain way instead of cutting this away and into the bin!! don't know exactly how he does it and you can ask if this is possible in your case... not even sure if this is possible for all? What i can tell you it is GREAT... My partner remarked this after a few weeks!! ;) i did not tell her...was bit embarrassed!! but she noticed this and i can surely see an increase in the shaft thickness... more so actually when flaccid!! great... love the size increase and really looks great :cool:...and no extra cost!! had very little discomfort and the doc at the <snip> was super

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Snip Snip

Hi, I've got mine done on monday, but I had to go to the A and E because it was bleeding and a bit of a will we put an extra stitch in, wont we thing all night. Anyway, i've been keeping it wrapped up to let the part that was bleeding heal. Yes I wore it last night and I'm doing it again tonight (although I took it off for a bath and then changed it.
    Okay i've noticed that the sticky tape is on the actual stitches (i've left the top quarter free for some reason). I'm wondering will I try and redo that before bed. I'm getting a horror movie moment of getting an erection and then the tape ripping the stitches off.:eek:
    Advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gentle reminder:
    we don't allow you to name doctors or clinics on thread. If you wish to exchange details please do so via PM, but please, not on thread.
    Panthro

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hello folks!

You know what i find odd is i went to the doctor yet was only examined in a flaccid state, foreskin retracts in flaccid no problem but it's the erect that causes issues.

Does anyone know where i could get videos demonstrating how to stretch? i'm reading the guides and doing it but i think videos would set me right as to if i'm doing it how it should be done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

My surgery is happening next friday and im bricking it now... my appointment took a while to come around so i thought id be ok... but how wrong was i... any advice please lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 nailatron

hey krustydoyle,

if it makes u feel any better i had a frenuloplasty last year and partial circ two weeks ago, and honestly they're nothing to worry about. its a bit of pain and discomfort for a couple of weeks. ul be grand!

the worst of it is more psychological than physical 'is me knob gonna be ok?' etc
    i was bricking it myself the first time tho. but the second time i just wanted to get it done and out of the way. i was having a bit of banter with doc and not too nervous at all.

what are you getting done?

nailatron wrote: »
    hey krustydoyle,

if it makes u feel any better i had a frenuloplasty last year and partial circ two weeks ago, and honestly they're nothing to worry about. its a bit of pain and discomfort for a couple of weeks. ul be grand!

the worst of it is more psychological than physical 'is me knob gonna be ok?' etc
    i was bricking it myself the first time tho. but the second time i just wanted to get it done and out of the way. i was having a bit of banter with doc and not too nervous at all.

what are you getting done?

Im getting a frenectomy, not a full circumcision cos its just tightness at the tip of my penis.. Its really got me down and it ended the last relationship i was in... Should i go with the full circum cos i just want it over and done with at this stage...

if its just frenulum-breve u have then u shouldn't need a circumcision.

i had the frenuloplasty to fix a tight frenulum but then it became apparent i had phimosis of some sort when it had all healed up. i still couldnt retract my foreskin when erect. so i got the partial circ done privately. fingers crossed its sorted now.

i know how u feel abou wanting it sorted. its def had a bad effect on me. sexual problems are not good for a mans confidence.

but i think u should def hang on to ur foreskin if u can!!

nailatron wrote: »
    if its just frenulum-breve u have then u shouldn't need a circumcision.

i had the frenuloplasty to fix a tight frenulum but then it became apparent i had phimosis of some sort when it had all healed up. i still couldnt retract my foreskin when erect. so i got the partial circ done privately. fingers crossed its sorted now.

i know how u feel abou wanting it sorted. its def had a bad effect on me. sexual problems are not good for a mans confidence.

but i think u should def hang on to ur foreskin if u can!!

I'll have a chat with the surgeon but i def wanna keep my foreskin.. All it def is, is tightness so i'll prob go with the partial circ... Thanks for the reply..

Hi everyone,

I had a partial-circ two weeks ago for phimosis.

My bruising has gone and most of the swelling, except around the actual cut. The stitches are still there but falling out. I'm still having trouble retracting the foreskin when flaccid, it won't fully unfold if u get me, and not at all when erect. Actually it seems as tight as ever still.

Has anyone had successful results from a partial-circ and did u experiencing anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Deedsie, thats not bad, i had to wait two years!!

I got mine done publicly but yeah i had to wait two years from seeing the gp to seeing the urologist in tallaght. it was f**cking ridiculous. i guess it wasnt considered a priority.

i got a frenuloplasty done. but it then became apparent i had phimosis. i rang the hospital about 8 weeks later and was told to see a gp and get another referral etc.

i dont know what Quinn healthcare will do for u, i guess it depends on what plan u have. i had vhi but it didnt cover it so i had to go public. altho the Vhi still payed for it in the end. i didnt understand and was so pissed off with the lot of them i went private this time. it cost €730 to get it done privately, which is a lot of money for me but it seems worth it. if it works this time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 username_

Hi there I had a full circumcision one year ago. I have to say Im delighted with having had the procedure done. Its hard to beleive its tear ago and I have to say the toughest part of the whole procedure was the build up to the operation and the thoughts of having it done. While the intial week after the op was uncomfortable but cetainly not really painfull.

The Main reason im posting now is for people considering private and public. I went to my doctor intitally for an examination in January 2011 and he referred me to a urologist. I called the uroogists office to see how long it would take to get an appointment as I wanted to get the problem sorted pronto and was really getting nowhere with the secretary of the consultant. So I decided to go private 3 hin two days ringing around consultants I got an apointment for two and a half weeks later cost me 180 euro I got booked in for a full circ 3 weeks later cost cant remember exatly but about € 780 but my medical insurer covered two thirds and I had the most basic Aviva me plan.

Two weeks ago I got a letter in the post with my appointment to see the public consultant. I couldnt beleive it, I would have had to wait a year wondering if i needed a circumcision or not. Ok the procedure is not life threatening but seriously could be efecting your sex life and your confidence and lets face it not of us like discussing it with anyone its grand on here cause your annoymous but it ait something your gonna discuss down the pub

So looking back now even if I had no health Insurance and had to pay the whole thing it would have cost me a grand it would be worth every penny to get it done and dusted and not have to wait around. However its a serious operation and not to be taken lightly as there is no going back !!!

I hope this helps anyone thinking about the procedure and mayby putting it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 AnBordSnip

Hi lads.

Got this done back in November. The best thing I ever did. If you read my posts back, you'll see just how nervous I was.

In the days following the op, like many of you, I was terrified. Tiny things, the slight smell, the complete fear around stitches and the like meant I went to the doctor three days after to be told it was all fine and I needed to relax. I tried to do just that, and now three months on I'm happier than I've ever been.

I'm a much more confident man. Sex is fine, indeed BETTER. I couldn't enjoy sex with phimosis. I finally 'like' my willy. There's MINOR swelling still, nothing mega at all and almost un-noticeable, again this is always coming down and will soon be gone for good the doc tells me. You'd barely know I've had an op looking at him today.

If you need this done, please just do it. Take it from a young lad who was down about it. Don't shy away from telling your folks if you live at home, jesus they're your folks, flesh and blood. I dont think you could 'hide' the fact you got it done. It's not painful, but it is awkward, and you'll appreciate some emotional support when your going around in trackie bottoms for a week.

You'll be fine. Do it. Get it out of the way. Live your life. I wish I'd done it years ago. There is next to no pain involved in the op, and afterwards 'discomfort' is the word that comes to mind,not pain. Don't let your willy dictate your life, this kept me away from girls and the like for so long. Make the leap and good luck, and cheers to all the lads who answred my questions on here and made it an easier journey. Good blokes still exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Bartleby1138

Folks, I am loathe to ask, but did anyone have any particluar post-op problems. I seem to have a scab around my 'exit' that can occasionally be painful to free (particularly first thing in the morning), and a fair amount of peeling to the head with still some lymph leakage (gross, I know...).
    Not sure if this is normal. Had my op 4 weeks ago tomorrow.

Bartleby,

Im into my third week and still have a couple of scabs. I dont think its anything to worry about. Just keep it clean i suppose.

What did u get done?

Nailatron,

I wish I knew... It would have been nice to have been offered a choice but I had it done after being on the waiting list with the NHS in Northern Ireland for a year. I went in on 20th January, the surgeon told me I was having a circumcision (my first time ever in hospital, by the way) and the enxt thing I knew I was under the knife with an eye-wateringly pretty nurse sitting beside me. I'm not sure what a partial circumcison is. The head is fully exposed and I do still appear to have my frenulum. It still feels pretty bruised and most of the swelling has gone down with the remainder feeling like a tight swollen band just under the head. Thing is, I'm horny as a badger, but something tells me to stay away from it for a bit longer. I had no post-op exam and, if it weren't for this forum I think I would have been going out of my mind. I'm a little worried about the peeing thing, though. Should there be scarring and peeling there?

Bartleby,

Sounds like had a full circumcision. A partial-circ basically means the remove only the problem area of the foreskin and leave the rest. Whether thats actually a good thing to do remains to be seen!!

id say ur prob fine but if ur worried can u get back to see a doc at all? i dont think follow ups are generally scheduled for circs.

have u gone four weeks without knocking one off?!??

Not quite, but, as yet, I wouldn't describe it as 'knocking one off'. More 'gritting my teeth in the face of a raging libido and hoping I don't accidentally yank something off'.
    I'm fairly sure I'm getting there ok, but peeing standing up is still a no-no. Tried it once. It was a bit like being on the front seat of a log flume ride.
    Stil...gotta laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

so i must get this done. so i saw the urilogilist last year and he said i needed a full circ. kept putting it off due to work. im a farmer and dont have a lot of down time as you can imagine as cows must be milked etc. how long before i can go back to working after i have the operation. would two days be enough as i will have to get a man in to replace me. my job is physical enough just to let ye know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 circ_not

hello all,
    i've been following this thread with severe interest!!

I have a combination of phimosis & frenelum breve. Can retract foreskin when using my fingers but its still tight.

I got one recommendation from one urologist that circumcision is the answer.

But i would prefer to try something else before this.

So if anyone reading this thread could pm me some contacts id appreciate it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ahsheryaknow

So went to the GP in February and he gave me a letter for the urologist.

I rang the urologist when I got home and was lucky enough to get a cancellation for the following day.

Went to see him, he took a look, explained my options. He could cut the frenulum and leave the foreskin, but since I had scar tissue it would just continue to tighten or do the full circ this time and be done with it.

Decided to go for the full circ now, so was booked in for early March.

I have Plan A with the VHI so I was covered for getting it done in Tallaght, not in a private hospital like Blackrock. I didn't have to pay anything since it was medically necessary. I have adhesions or something according to the urologist. He'll fill out the insurance form with the details for the claim, if that applies etc etc

But anyway, fasted from midnight. Showed up at the day ward for 7:30 with a dressing gown and slippers. Was told to change into the hospital gown, admitted by the intern and then sat there for 20 minutes before being walked down to theatre.

Was in a bed in theatre for bout 20 mins before the anesthesist nurse took me down to the antechamber. Consultant came in, said hi, confirmed I was getting a circumcision and then I was put under.

Came around a few hours later but was told I took a lot longer than most people. Went back to the day ward, tea and toast, went to the toilet, sitting down which you'll do for the first week then collected by my Dad. Home by 2:30

After care is grand. No pain at all, which I'm surprised about since I was warned it's pretty bad by everyone including the urologist.

Now just floating around the house in a dressing gown, waiting for the stitches to dissolve.

There is some scabbing and peeling but like, this is the first time the glands have been exposed for long periods in underwear, ever, so I'm not all the worried but going toilet is interesting to say the least.

Advice I'd give to anyone getting it done.

1. Don't be embarrased, the nurses and doctors aren't. The urologist said he did 3 a week, its nothing new. They're used to the sight of a penis.

2. Tell your parents. They'll understand, they'll drop you off, they'll pick you up, they'll buy the solpadene. They won't want to know the gorey details. They won't want to look. They'll leave you to it.

3. Buy a dressing gown and loose underwear, cotton ones not those woven ones, they hurt. You'll be living in them for the first week.

4. Buy a good boxset of something, day time television has really taken a dive.

5. Be exact in taking in the pain killers, it makes all the difference. You'll come out of hospital high as a kite. They inject the site with local and give you a cocktail of difene and anti vomiting drugs so you can go straight home but make sure to follow the doctors instructions on when to take the tablets. Its the difference between not noticing a thing and crying

6. Ice helps with the itchiness, just leave the pack over your underwear for a few minutes.

7. All I can say about getting hard is. Go foetal and think unsexy thoughts. You will, more than likely, wake up in the middle of the night cos of it.

I've had a pretty good experience so far. No pain, the swelling has been going down.

I needed a circumcision but put it off for years out of sheer embarrassment but I realized pretty quick after I got the ball rolling, no-one cares. Your parents just want you to be happy with your body and in the hospital your just ONE of today's circumcisions.

Hope this helped

• Registered Users Posts: 43 scared_silly

It’s almost the 1 year anniversary of me getting the chop!

I remember this time last year being massively freaked out by the prospect of having surgery on my lovely willie but now i can barely understand what the fuss was about.

I had really tight foreskin and i couldn’t retract the skin past the head. I was dreading going to the GP and telling him my problem, but in hindsight that was toughest part.

Meeting the urologist, having the surgery, recovery and having sex the first time...all flew by, especially the last one lol.

If you think you have a problem, dont hesitate to speak to your GP and discuss your options, that’s the only 'mountain' you will have to face.

I really want to thank everybody who contributed to this thread. It's amazing how faceless usernames can help so much through which can be a confusing and scary time.

Best of luck to everybody!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 777hunter777

hello all,i am a 17 year old with full phimosis(like i can't even see my glans when flaccid)but the stupid thing is that i didnt even know something was wrong until a mounth ago?Maybe a little more...I tought it was normal to have your penis coverd and also tought that if i loose my verginty it will look normal,,,but finally something triggerd me to think that something was wrong with me you know what it was?Girls telling me(as in general)that we boys are lucky beacuse we would feel no pain when looseing our virginty!!WTF man i know that if i would have sex it would heart and beed like hell,so i did some reaseach and at first i was shocked,like i need an operation,i will loose all sensation in it<(anti circ bull**** extremist)>i have high risk of infection ect....and i started being stressed and depressed but not beacuse of circumcision but beacuse i was too shy to tell my PARENTS,,anyways to cut a long story short one night i got drunk and told this thing to 2 friends i have and they told me to tell my parents and that they would understand ect ect,,,finally i told my mother beacuse it was killing me from the inside...and guess what now i think why the fack was i so stupid and didnt tell her right away!I went to see my gp that night,told him what i had and what i needed before he looked XD and thats all now im on the waiting list in hospital I wish i get this done in august beacuse of school,work ect...Guys if you find out you have phimosis just go straight to your gp and get this done,before i went to my gp people had started noticing that i was changing,like a week before was all confident and happy with my dick(size)and all of a sudden i was and i still kinda feel without one but now i now i will sort this out and it will kinda be better then the others(looks,hygene,duration and probably size beacuse i noticed the the head kinda get smaller then the shaft when erect not bigger like it should be beacuse of its tightness),anyways told you mystory