Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFL DT: Head to Head League(s)

• 02-02-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭

AFL Dream Team is back again. This will be my 5th year playing the game, and each year I love the game more and more. I have always played in leagues with mates over in Oz, so having a home based league should be a nice change to have some banter in.

So, to gauge interest and the number of leagues we need, can you copy/paste and post the following below:

Boards.ie Username:
    AFL DT Name:
    AFL DT Experience: (Number of years played or n/a if first time)
    AFL DT 2011 Rd. Avg: (Approx, if applicable)

Please be truthful with info, as to my knowledge their is no way to find out previous years scores as their is in the FPL. So it comes down to your words.

Leagues will be set up shortly and the invite code will be PM'd to each of you. Each league will contain 18 teams only.

Important Links:

AFL Dream Team - Register & select your team.

DTTALK - Very useful blog by veterans of the game. Great read.

Fantasy Freako! - I strongly recommend that you register for the Fantasy Freako eZine as a minimum. It's free and it is the best source of Fantasy Stats. If you want to go the extra yard the Prospectus is a Bible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Boards.ie Username: DoctorGonzo08
    AFL DT Name: The Kippax
    AFL DT Experience: 4
    AFL DT 2011 Rd. Avg: 2100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Boards.ie Username: Mackman
    AFL DT Name: Team Cobra
    AFT DT Experience: 2years
    AFL DT 2100 avg: not sure, it was around 1800 i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

Boards.ie Username: Seamo87
    AFL DT Name: Irish Aussies
    AFL DT Experience:3
    AFL DT 2011 Rd. Avg: I think ~1800(really sucked last year), 2000+ the year before, and wanna get back to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Boards.ie Username: Xavi6
    AFL DT Name: West Coast Coolers
    AFL DT Experience: 4
    AFL DT 2011 Rd Avg: Not sure, around 1900 I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Boards.ie Username: jackbhoy
    AFL DT Name: Il Puncho Donkero
    AFL DT Experience: 1
    AFL DT 2011 Rd Avg: No idea, was in same league as Xavi last year and think we were similar so say 1900 as well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Boards.ie Username: Blue Shamrock
    AFL DT Name:Mayo Magicians
    AFL DT Experience: N/A
    AFL DT 2011 Rd. Avg: N/A

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

Boards.ie Username: Seipeal1
    AFL DT Name: IrishAussieRules
    AFL DT Experience: 1 year
    AFL DT 2011 Average: 1600 and fairly S...e!

Just discovered the old mobile site for Deamteam 2011 is still up, so the correct info for me is:

Boards.ie Username: jackbhoy
    AFL DT Name: Il Puncho Donkero
    AFL DT Experience: 1
    AFL DT 2011 Rd Avg: 2030

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Good man DG, hopefully we can have a competitive league this year, think I was beaten in the final last year

Boards.ie Username: SSK
    AFL DT Name: Seldom Seen Kids
    AFL DT Experience: 4 years I think
    AFL DT 2011 Rd. Avg: I got 49819 points in total, think there was 24 rounds so 2076 if my maths are correct

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Boards.ie Username: Mr. Guappa
    AFL DT Name: Tipperary Dockers
    AFL DT Experience: 2 years
    AFL DT 2011 Rd Avg: 2096 - I won both of the Boards-related leagues last year anyway I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Winter

Boards.ie Username: Winter
    AFL DT Name: BuckleysandNone
    AFL DT Experience: 4 years
    AFL DT 2011 Rd Avg: 2100

jackbhoy wrote: »
    Just discovered the old mobile site for Deamteam 2011 is still up

Great find!

AFL Dream Team 2011

Up to 10 now. Probably wasn't made clear in the opening, but the reason for asking for the scores is to gauge your activity. Generally, below 1700 usually means you were not that active and possibly lost interest. 1800-2000 is kind of what we are looking for so that the overall competitiveness of the league is kept up. I'd like to have one of the highest ranking leagues by the end of the season.

I'll PM the invites to the league around this week. Any preference or inspiration on the League Name?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Boards.ie Username: ShaneMKelly
    AFL DT Name: Rookie Dockers
    AFT DT Experience: 1 year
    AFL DT 2100 avg: around 1800 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

Great find!

AFL Dream Team 2011

Up to 10 now. Probably wasn't made clear in the opening, but the reason for asking for the scores is to gauge your activity. Generally, below 1700 usually means you were not that active and possibly lost interest. 1800-2000 is kind of what we are looking for so that the overall competitiveness of the league is kept up. I'd like to have one of the highest ranking leagues by the end of the season.

I'll PM the invites to the league around this week. Any preference or inspiration on the League Name?

Something relating to Jim Stynes for a league name?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Boards.ie Username: Bruschi
    AFL DT Name: Useless donkeys
    AFT DT Experience: 4 years or so. cant remember which leagues I was in
    AFL DT 2100 avg: cant remember, think I won the b championship thing over xavi?

Is there any interest in SuperCoach as well?

DreamTeam is fun but SC is just that bit more interesting...

http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Boards.ie Username: DD Mikasa
    AFL DT Name: Don Conroy Owls
    AFL DT Experience: 3
    AFL DT 2011 Rd. Avg: 2100

Tipp Dockers took me out in final last year

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Great find!

AFL Dream Team 2011

Does no PM mean no invite? Hope not...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I haven't had a PM either, probably hasn't been started yet.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I haven't had a PM either, probably hasn't been started yet.

I got one a few days ago. Maybe rest will be pm'd as well but I'm not really into this screening potential league members lark if it means regulars on here are gonna be excluded tbh. My feeling would be just have a boards league open to everyone on here regardless of level?

• Advertisement

I got one a few days ago. Maybe rest will be pm'd as well but I'm not really into this screening potential league members lark if it means regulars on here are gonna be excluded tbh. My feeling would be just have a boards league open to everyone on here regardless of level?

Sorry, been travelling the last two weeks so haven't been on. I overlooked the wait period for the PM's so a few didn't send. Will send PM's round to everyone now.

Alternatively I can just post the league code on here, if evertone is happy with that. The reason to 'screen' was not to keep regular members out, it was to allow just regular members in. If you are a regular member you will post in here, therefore get a PM and can join up. If it is just posted on the forum anyone can join up, thus excluding members from the league and running the risk of having inactive players bringing the standard down.

OK, PM's should be sent to everyone now. There are 5 joined up to the league at present, with 8 invites gone out. That leaves 5 places left in the league. It will go on first come first serve basis, but you must post your interest to get the PM. Just under 26 days to go to deadline!
    Winter wrote: »

Heard lots about it, but I've never played it. If someone were to set up something for it I'd give it a go.

Winter wrote: »

I'll join a league if you wanna set it up. Did it last year and did way better than in DT as didn't stupidly waste all my trades by R20!

I'll join a league if you wanna set it up. Did it last year and did way better than in DT as didn't stupidly waste all my trades by R20!

SuperCoach league for anyone who wants to join
    http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au
    Invite Code - 369674

5 places left in the league and just over 16 days to go.

7:20 pm AEDT, Sat 24 March is the lockout!

For anyone who has been reading through and is interested, just post your interest and I'll send you the league code.

If there are spaces left in the last 7 days I will put the league code on here for everyone.

First come, first serve. I hope we fill the league ourselves rathar than having a autofill who has no interest in the league.

0002efb2-314.jpgdt-246%20copy.jpg

INVITE CODE: 146389

8 days and 5 places left. Best of luck to Everyone!

Less than 24 hours to go!

4 places left. Hopefully we can fill these ourselves rather than having random players thrown in with us. If you have any mates that are interested, the league code is: 146389

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

3 spots left folks. Let's try and make this an all Irish league

Code is 353249

Only two places left in both leagues. If we don't get across the finish line I'll just add celebrity coaches to fill the remaining spots in the boards.ie league rather than random alloted players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

The lockout cant come quick enough. I can stop myself tinkering with my team :(

Advertisement