Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Diarrhea is def a good sign (as long as it's not persistent obviously). Actually so is the "not feeling preggers".

My house has NEVER been cleaner, I was like a mad woman today cleaning things I had just cleaned a few days ago. I got it into my head a few days ago that the baby wouldn't arrive until the hoovering & floor washing was done!

Anyway nothing happened except a little more mucous plug came away (yummy). 41 weeks today.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Aww mink i Really hope things happen for you soon, you must be getting pretty fed up at this stage!
    I had another good nights sleep :-) im awake way too early for a Sunday though! Feeling a little nauseous again, surely i can't be only getting morning sickness now at this stage. And i still feel like im not pregnant anymore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Pushkii I keep getting nauseaous as well, as if we haven't enough to put up with at this stage! :rolleyes:

Had an awful night last night. Have been having pains for the last week but they seemed to get stronger last night, from my back right around to the front. Got to the stage where I was getting them every 15-20 mins or so, so got no sleep really. But since about 8.30 this morning they just stopped and now I'm back to the odd dull cramp like earlier in the week. UGGGHHHH this is so frustrating!!! I'm hoping baby doesn't come today now cos I'm so exhausted from not sleeping that I don't feel like I'd be able for labour whatsoever...also feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever! :( sorry, rant over!!! Will try to have a nap now and then enjoy our anniversary :)

Hope you had a nice time at the wedding betsie and it wasn't too tiring. Sounds like things could be moving for you mink and theg81der, fingers crossed! The August babies seem to be a lazy bunch alright, quite content to stay snuggled up where they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

morning everyone, had a great day at the wedding but im exhausted after it :) and the car we were in didnt help very low and uncomfortable mixed with small country roads not a good mix, i was hoping it would get things going though but no such luck :)

October i Really hope you get some rest today id say you are going to need it in the next few days:-) is this nausea a sign of labour coming i wonder..
    Betsie delighted you had a great day at the wedding. Im going to have my dinner and go to bed soon im really exhausted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

god knows pushkii it could be but that time few weeks ago i mentioned feeling sick to doc she reckoned it could just be as Babs getting bigger, more pressure on ur tummy but u never know..
    Aw october, i'd say its disappointing thinking u are good to go and then nothing, well hope u have a nice day today to make up for it and get some rest later just incase ;-)
    mink, my house is the same. Never been cleaner n every time i get any little pain i'm thinking, right ill just get that last wash on or iron those bedclothes so they're ready. Its mental cos that is soooo not me!!!
    Did ya have ur dancing shoes on last night betsie? :-) hope ur having yourself nice duvet day today! I am, am stil in pjs and no intention of moving anytime soon. :-)

just had one dance last night, i had ankles the size of i dont know what by dinner time so wasnt up for much after it, but enjoyed watching everyone else :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Any of you notice baby jump when you drop things or loud noises? I reckon he`s gonna be nervous he keeps jumping or could it be that waters are low so he can hear more?

I haven't noticed that but i haven't been around loud noise but id say its because he can hear!!

no i haven't noticed that either, although my one is used to it i would say :-)

• Advertisement

nearly "from here to maternity time" :)

I didnt watch it, cant be getting cold feet at this stage!
    I was so tired today went for a 3 hr nap and i'm fit for the leaba again. I wonder if there's anything happening with anyone!?

Nothin doin :(

not a thing here anyway :-(

not able for anything any more, went to sis in laws today for a bbq and not as if i was doing anything but Im exhausted :-( time for bed me thinks

theg81der wrote: »
    Any of you notice baby jump when you drop things or loud noises? I reckon he`s gonna be nervous he keeps jumping or could it be that waters are low so he can hear more?

Yeah I've noticed this actually! I was using a food blender and it gave baby a fright, same with when I use those really loud dyson hand dryers...I felt guilty afterwards for scaring him/her!

The nausea can be a sign of your hormone levels rising in preparation for labour. My skin has gotten awful the past week or two & I'm putting it down to that.

Baby doesn't jump with loud noises but I've read that it can definitely happen and is normal.

Absolutely nothing here, no contraction type things now at all, no period pains of any note. Just some more mucous plug coming away.

Last night there wasn't an ounce of tiredness in me and couldn't get to sleep til 3.30am approx which is not like me.

Anyone else feel like EVERYTHING is a "sign". I'm driving myself mad. 8 days over tomorrow :(

I watched From Here to Maternity and then One Born Every Minute right after. Oh the tears!! Love watching babies being born, what makes me cry is the parents reaction to it.

Ah mink I'm the same, every little twinge or niggle has me thinking this is it. I'm driving myself up the feckin wall at this stage and I'm only 2 days over. That's a good sign that you've had a show though, hopefully not much longer for you now :)

We noticed today that baby 0ctober has a total ghetto booty :p Big massive bum sticking out on the left hand side all day- pushing out that head and shoulders will be no bother, getting that big behind out will be the problem haha!

has te be a girl so October with a bum like that :-)

well Im lying here wide awake, can't sleep, but Im refusing to get up, sick of listening to oh snoring :-(

Im not even due yet and i think everything is a "sign" overtime i go to the toilet i half expect a head to come out! October my baby is the same, sticking her bum out to the left side too its gas! Can't believe im away so early again and the thoughts of having breakfast is making me sick. Think ill hustling stick to water. Hope ye got some sleep betsie and mink x

• Advertisement

i wish all the signs would just turn into something, Im so tired now think ill try going back to bed maybe when oh gets up

Yes Mink everythin is a sign feel like I`m on high alert! People startin to text n call - there gettin a frosty reception cause I`m mighty grumpy.

Wouldn't it be great if we all went into labour the same day!!?
    Put us all out. Of our misery :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

I'm not due until 29th but finding it difficult to sleep, awake early and my skin is wrecked :o

That creep admitted that he is still sleeping with his student behind his wife's back. :mad:

He is getting a solicitors letter from me this week to say no more contact, i told him delete my number a month ago and he didn't.

Just went for a fast walk to see if it would do somethin. All it did was cause me lots of pain and make me nearly wet myself = bad plan!

That is discusting Belfast medic . are right to cut him from your life for you and your sons sake.
    Edit

oh pushki that sounds awful, hope ye are ok x

I don't know much re the relationship difficulties you guys are having but sounds like you are concentrating on yourselves & your babies which is the right thing at the moment, those guys can feck off!

I'm delighted, had a bloody show this morning, never so delighted to see something like that. Was crampy throughout the night & this morning so it looks like labour could be imminent! Both OH & I said that we hoped something would start last night as it gave him a chance to get his weekend gigs done and earn some dough.

Also if little fella arrives on the 7th, that's my mam's birthday (she passed 10yrs ago) so that would be a nice thing if he shared her birthday. My dad passed 11yrs ago and baby will already have his name as his middle name so it would be great if my mam was in there somewhere.

Theg81der I don't know how you even managed a fast walk, it takes me a fortnight to get anywhere, take it easy.

Thanks betsie and mink i only care about bab now :-) mink that is fantastic news :-) finally the wheels are in motion, any contractions yet?

• Advertisement

I don't think I can call them contractions (or contraptions as my mil says). They are like intense braxton hicks with period pains at the same time. Maybe that is a contraction haha. Anyway it's irregular and far apart so nothing to shake a stick at yet

Advertisement