Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saris in Dublin?

• 04-09-2007 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

My debs is coming up in a month and a half, and I don't have a dress yet. I recently saw some Indians in saris, and I would love to wear one for my debs. Does anyone know of any Indian garment shop where I can get a sari?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

Used to be a shop/stall in George's street arcade that did them not sure if it's still there though.

Either that or a trip to camden :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

Thanks, I'll try there tomorrow. Here's hoping they still do em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

try a shop called "libaas" on clanbrassil street upper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

My friend wore a sari for our debs on Monday, but she gots hers from India. You could try online? Could get it in less than 2 weeks. Most would be 4 weeks...so you'd be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

The one is Georges Arcade is more Chinese dresses then Indian Saris afaik and they are gorgeous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sparkle sparkle

There's a shop on Mary street you could try and I heard there's one in the Nutgrove shopping centre. It's probably best to get one on-line as you have more of a choice. Failing that you could always go to London for the day. There's a big Indian area in Wimbledon with lots of authentic Indian shops. You'd get a great selection over there. Good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

Unfortunately I can't buy anything online, I don't have a credit card, and I don't think I'd be able to go to London anytime soon... I'll try your suggestions, thank you XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 aminahb

the shop in Georges St arcade does sell sari's but they are the traditional red silk ones that weigh a ton but are incredibly beautiful.They are kept in the back,so ask one of the women to have a look. always check the stitching of the embroidery aswell,because they will happily sell you something without notifying you of defects (which nearly happened to me).also,double check zips,and buttons.
    they on occasion have skirts that are made from old sari's,but you need to check back regularly if you want one thats really good quality. generally go for one that is heavy as opposed to light when you pick it up. again, check the stitching.
    the good thing about the skirts is that you are free to buy any top of your choice,and something like a black corset/bodice would look amazing with the right skirt.
    the shop "Libaas" on clanbrassil street is Pakistani owned,so they sell the "shalwarkameez" which is not a sari at all.they are trouser suits, they do however sell indian style skirt suits,but they are not made well and tend to be a bit OTT with their colours. BUT they do sell indian jewellery sets for about €20 which is much better then the prices in Georges Street.
    but have a look at both shops and see what you reckon. but honestly,whatever you do....dont forget to check the stitching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mnaseermohiuddi

Maxthedm wrote: »
    My debs is coming up in a month and a half, and I don't have a dress yet. I recently saw some Indians in saris, and I would love to wear one for my debs. Does anyone know of any Indian garment shop where I can get a sari?

you can get saries in Libaas asian Boutique on 45 Upper Clanbrissal Street
    lot of New saries in shope Contact No. 014736750

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

Maxthedm wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can't buy anything online, I don't have a credit card, and I don't think I'd be able to go to London anytime soon... I'll try your suggestions, thank you XD

How about getting one of those V3 cards? Basically they are a credit card except that you get them in shops and you have to pre-load money onto them first to use them.

My brother uses them the whole time to shop online

• Advertisement
Advertisement