Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My complete transformation!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

A great story of how it should be done. Well done.

Cheers, story is not over yet, once I get to where i'd prefer to be, I'm gonna start to try and stack on some muscle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭FGR

TiltedBrain well done! I'm over the moon after reading your tale. Funny thing is that when you started this I was a nice lean 190lbs after serious weight loss. Personal circumstances changed for me at home and since then have put on a staggering five stone so need to shake it all off.

Hoping I can follow your lead and get the same results. In my late twenties so really am in the need to get this all off before age really kicks me in the backside and makes the weight loss twice as hard..!

199.8 lbs this morning!

I've been between 200 - 206 lbs for an absolute age, like a 4 month plateau, fantastic to finally see below 200, I dont think i've been below 200 in 7 or 8 years

TiltedBrain well done! I'm over the moon after reading your tale. Funny thing is that when you started this I was a nice lean 190lbs after serious weight loss. Personal circumstances changed for me at home and since then have put on a staggering five stone so need to shake it all off.

Hoping I can follow your lead and get the same results. In my late twenties so really am in the need to get this all off before age really kicks me in the backside and makes the weight loss twice as hard..!

Hi FR,

thanks for the reply, its a pity you went in the opposite direction. But yeah I know sometimes other stuff gets in the way of life, at least you've acknowledged and realised that you need to get back to where you were at! and thats great.

You said in the period of my thread, you put on that weight, so its gonna take a little while to get it all off again,
    so many people give up after a couple of months without seeing sastifactory results, but you've really gotta keep thinking it took a long time to put it on too.

It's a bit daunting finding the right information out there as there an endless pile of research documents and studies that all contradict each other. But just some information that help me would be some of the work that Rob Wolff and Gary Taubes have done have been fantastic, Taubes studies on insulin resistance make a ridiculous amount of sense, he manages to over simplify the more scientific side of it all, well worth a look, he's got a blast of lectures out there too, i'm sure they can be found on YouTube, and paired with Rob Wolff's stuff theres weeks of research there!

Anyway, good luck with it, In my opinion your diet is gonna be 75 - 80% of your weight loss in the end, you can do as much exercise as you want, but if your eating the wrong stuff, your really gonna hold your progress back.

If theres anything else I can do, please ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Hey Tilted Brain, glad I helped you in some way! Well done on your change, it's great to hear stories like yours. :)

• Advertisement

197 lbs as of this morning!

I guesstimated my ideal weight at between 190 - 200 lbs near the beginning of the thread, I think I was a little off with that, think its gonna be closer to 185lbs at this stage, that will put my BMI at about 24, but i'm not really using that as an indicator as much as say a mirror!

Finding it hard to get much exercise in the last few weeks as I've 8 weeks left in college forever! things are getting intense with that and its hard to fit in any worthwhile gym sessions.

I've decided I think i'll start "Convict Conditioning" pushing aside all the marketing sh*te that is in the program, it seems look a good program that can be done from at home, if nothing more, i'll do it for the next 8 - 10 weeks while I dont have time for the gym, and see if there is much progression.

For those who dont know what the program is, its pretty much a straight forward all over body conditioning program designed to use the least amount of equipment possible basing the majority of exercises on full body calisthenic exercises. The 6 main exercises are push ups, Squats, Pull ups, leg raise type exercises, Bridges and Planks, and some hand stand variant push ups. Each exercise has 10 progressive steps designed to develop the area it focuses on, for example the push up starts on step 1 as a wall push up, and finishes at step 10 with a 1 handed floor push up.

I'll finish reading the book 1st and probably get going on it mid week, i'll do my best to track progress of it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

197 lbs as of this morning!

I guesstimated my ideal weight at between 190 - 200 lbs near the beginning of the thread, I think I was a little off with that, think its gonna be closer to 185lbs at this stage, that will put my BMI at about 24, but i'm not really using that as an indicator as much as say a mirror!

Finding it hard to get much exercise in the last few weeks as I've 8 weeks left in college forever! things are getting intense with that and its hard to fit in any worthwhile gym sessions.

I've decided I think i'll start "Convict Conditioning" pushing aside all the marketing sh*te that is in the program, it seems look a good program that can be done from at home, if nothing more, i'll do it for the next 8 - 10 weeks while I dont have time for the gym, and see if there is much progression.

For those who dont know what the program is, its pretty much a straight forward all over body conditioning program designed to use the least amount of equipment possible basing the majority of exercises on full body calisthenic exercises. The 6 main exercises are push ups, Squats, Pull ups, leg raise type exercises, Bridges and Planks, and some hand stand variant push ups. Each exercise has 10 progressive steps designed to develop the area it focuses on, for example the push up starts on step 1 as a wall push up, and finishes at step 10 with a 1 handed floor push up.

I'll finish reading the book 1st and probably get going on it mid week, i'll do my best to track progress of it here.
    good man and i am constantly working with clients for which i do their programming for home workouts - a kettlebell, skipping rope and few woody bands can open up the options big time.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Great story and well done to you........fantastic to see a real success story.

I myself have come down from 125kg's to 93 ish kg's over the last 2 years so i know exactly how you feel and how hard it can be.
    Weights are where i wanna go next and still looking into cost effective ways to tone my body,i do a bit of running so that is my main focus really.

Convict Conditioning is something i have looked at and did download the PDF but there is a whole load of tripe in there as well as the actual program or maybe i am just a lazy reader!!!!!!
    I will be interested to see how you go with it and it might convince me to start it up...........

192 lbs this morning! :D

I'm checking the scales less and less of late it's not really a priority to me anymore. My main motivation these days is to become as healthy as I possibly can, my diet is still pretty much of paleo type, without really trying to be, I just eat what is obviously good for me and what my body reacts well too, and of course what tastes good! At this stage processed stuff tastes awful imo, 90% of my meals are either fresh veg and animal.

This thread is 2 years old now and I'm still not where I want to be, but I'm a damn sight better than where I was back then! In the last 2 months I've finished college, and got an engineering job in my field of experience. Looking back over the threading full has really put where I am now in perspective. Also from the opening post I'm down 56 lbs!

For anyone reading this who might be in the position I was then, don't forget it took along time to put the weight on, there's no healthy quick fix, it takes time, work, effort a decent healthy diet. Don't set yourself ridiculous goals, have smaller ones that you can reach sooner, wether it be run 2k or 5k, or get 10 push ups or even drop a pound or 2 a month. At least you will be satisfied with the small victories, the big ones will come.

P.s. still single and loving it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Good for you Tilted Brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Christ if only I had started at the same time as you OP but I guess after many false starts its never too late to start again.

Truly inspiring

Just curious if you have any before/after pics to give us a visual (asked out of curiousity I swear) of your transformation??

Im going to start again on Monday (have a few things over next few days)

frAg

frag420 wrote: »
    Christ if only I had started at the same time as you OP but I guess after many false starts its never too late to start again.

Truly inspiring

Just curious if you have any before/after pics to give us a visual (asked out of curiousity I swear) of your transformation??

Im going to start again on Monday (have a few things over next few days)

frAg

Your right it's never too late, it was always my attention to finally get Pics up! I'll get on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

The most inspirational log I have ever seen and will certainly motivate me as I begin my quest!

Advertisement