Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reapplying For the Same Job?

• 14-12-2010 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi guys, is it okay to reapply for a job 3 weeks later if you've rewritten your CV in the meantime and hadnt heard anything about it? Should you just pretend the first application didnt happen or what? What would you advise here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Reactor wrote: »
    Hi guys, is it okay to reapply for a job 3 weeks later if you've rewritten your CV in the meantime and hadnt heard anything about it? Should you just pretend the first application didnt happen or what? What would you advise here?

By all means phone them up and ask have they received your application. If not, tell them you will send it again (and use your new cv). If they have received it, do not offer to send your revised cv - it will look like your original application was substandard and that could speak volumes.

There is no problem applying for the same job twice if it's a few months apart. In the second cover letter mention you have applied before, and are re-sending your cv for their consideration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ha ha, I applied for a job directly and got rejected.

Three weeks later I applied through an agency and got the job, the company could have saved thousands if they employed me first time

HR were fools :p
    Of course, I never told anyone there what happened

OP, I'd go with the good advice above in post 2

Advertisement