Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty Little Liars - ABC Family [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Jam packed episode. I didn't see the Melissa twist coming at all. So it seems Jenna, Garrett and her were all working together as A. I wonder if she's actually going to tell Spencer anything or was it just a ploy to get to the computer.

Wren and Spencer were pretty funny together, I'd really like to see them together. They have good chemistry and are enjoyable to watch.

A going after everyone was really well done. It will be interesting to see what Hanna's mum finds out.

I was so close to jumping up and down when Aria and Ezra broke up, but of course there had to be another twist. When will the writers just break them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've got to say, the writing on the show doesn't feel as tight as it once did. The recent episode just drove the point home. It just feels like they are making stuff up as the go along now. Where is the planning???

Melissa is now in with Garrett and the evil blind one and was all along. Really?? There hasn't been even an inkling of that so far. If they can just retcon whatever they like whenever they like....there is less payoff.

Bah. Not impressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Haven't forsaken the thread, Richard. But like Kirby said, the writers seem to be pulling stuff out of the air at the moment so it's hard to know what to say. I like Spencer and Wren, he's a bit more fun than uber-dreary Toby.

I don't know about Melissa. I did laugh to myself at the start of the episode that maybe she was the bad guy because she's playing a villain in another show (
    Vampire Diaries
    ) at the moment so I was thinking of her in that way anyway. Not sure if it's a red herring or of she could be part of the A group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Melissa on the A-team? Don't buy it. I always believed she knew more than she did and of course she'd been involved with Ian (and in some ways her HALF BROTHER next door! :eek:) before and that relationship had always seemed a little creepy and somewhat forced to me, but she had to have some insight into their little club.

I think maybe Melissa was the one Ally might have been blackmailing. She's always so concerned with how the family looks, and I don't think she looked all that shocked when Spencer told her about Jason, more pissed off at their mother, who didn't tell them. That's a bit messed up.

I held no hope at all that Aria and Ezra were finally finished. They'd keep him in the game through some plot intervention. I was expecting A to step in to do it, but not Aria's mother. I knew she'd have to realise at some point that they'd end up losing Aria if they didn't show some element of understanding but I still think it's weird.

What I also think is weird is the (seemingly) wide acceptance of Spencer being with English doctor. He's of similar age to Ezra, no? Just because he's not her teacher doesn't make it any less icky. Should rename the show to Pretty Little Lolitas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Jaxxy wrote: »

What I also think is weird is the (seemingly) wide acceptance of Spencer being with English doctor. He's of similar age to Ezra, no? Just because he's not her teacher doesn't make it any less icky. Should rename the show to Pretty Little Lolitas.

Actor who plays the doctor looks young. Actress who plays Spencer looks old for her supposed age. It's why it seems fine to alot of people. To be honest, it didn't even register for me. Never occured to me.

The simple fact is Aria looks so young and is so tiny physically that it just seemed creepy to me. Plus, the whole student/teacher thing is always a big no-no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Kirby wrote: »
    Actor who plays the doctor looks young. Actress who plays Spencer looks old for her supposed age. It's why it seems fine to alot of people. To be honest, it didn't even register for me. Never occured to me.

The simple fact is Aria looks so young and is so tiny physically that it just seemed creepy to me. Plus, the whole student/teacher thing is always a big no-no.

Yeah I can see why Aria and Ezra would freak people out more than Spencer and Wren would, with Ezria the obvious wrongness is a slap in the face with a limp mackerel.

I think it registered with me because of how taboo it would have been say, if I were 16/17 and doing the naughty business with a fully qualified doctor. Whatever about a medical student, still in college, that mightn't have been as bad, but he's just so much older than her, and while he doesn't look it (I think he actually looks younger than Ezra) the intent is still there for me. Maybe it's because I'm a chick that this bothers me, who knows. It's more of a subtle pairing though, that's fo sho.

EDIT: As an aside, just to add, I actually prefer Wren over Toby. He's more interesting and there is certainly more to him than meets the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

I only recently started watching it from the start on the internet..now I'm hooked lol..
    Anyone seen the latest episode (S02E22) ? It was only aired in America last night..I just watched it there a few minutes ago :)

_LilyRose_ wrote: »
    I only recently started watching it from the start on the internet..now I'm hooked lol..
    Anyone seen the latest episode (S02E22) ? It was only aired in America last night..I just watched it there a few minutes ago :)

I ahevn't properly commented on PLL as i'm in catchup mode....have six episodes to watch :eek:

Welcome to the thread and PLL addiction ;) ...can't wait for the finale!

As 'A' day approaches....tomorrow week, who do you think -A is?
    My money is on Mona, but....i think there is more then one -A.

Btw...i think Melissa killed Alison over Ian, but she's not -A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

I agree with you about A and the murderer being two separate people. With the A puzzle solved they will need something to carry our attention over to season 3.

Dont think it will be Mona though as I think they will go in a different direction than the books. Melissa seems too obvious. Lucas Perhaps?!

Who do people think will die on the finale? Caleb or Toby?

So i have a MONSTER catchup to do....8 episodes!, just finally getting round to watching them. Tonight i watch 2x17 and 2x18....i wanna get everything done for the big -A finale next Monday.

I must say 2x17 was brilliant, the reveals and shockers regarding the N.A.T. club, the video of them in Alisons bedroom, -A stepping up harrasing the girls....poor Toby!, almost killed and then Spencer stuck the knife in to protect him.

Then the lovey dovey Ezria stuff.....LOL!, they love shooting these two in the rain don't they?, does look good on camera i guess, really pushing this forbidden love and them being "destined" to be together, course skirting over the fact it's wrong and illegal.

Noel seems to be making lots of new friends, Jenna and Maya....hmmm, he's dodgy that guy, I see Aria's dad is tryna ship Ezra off to another state, that'll create some friction, Holden with the bruise.....hmmm, abusive father perhaps?

Loved the shocker/reveal of the pumpkin note and how it was folded over, only to reveal -A!!!, big shocker....course we knew from the Halloween episode -A had started to target Alison, but the four Liars didn't know that.

2x18 ended with -A getting Aria's dads gun!....wtf?, who's gonna get pinned for that?
    ^ please don't spoil as i need to watch 2x19 - 2x23 :-)

Overall those were very solid eps. and i'll watch another two tomorrow and be all caught up for next Mondays Afest :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

That scene in the doll shop was so creepy! Interestingly Jenna can see now but is pretending she can't. She also seems to have turned against Garrett though I still don't think she's A.

I'm not really sure what direction they are trying to go with, with the dream sequence with Ali. Looks like Aria and Ezra are done but I won't hold my breath.

All in all a good episode. is next week the season finale?

They really upped the ante in this weeks episode. How spooky was that doll hospital? Cant wait for next weeks finale. Hopefully it lives up to expectations. Im gonna say Alison has a twin and it was her that was murdered-if only because that would be a major twist which I'd love to see.

tomorrow is ........... -A Day

OMG!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Omg :eek:

MINDFÚCK

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PLEASE SPOILER TAG!!!!!!!!!!!....I AM NOT NOT READING ANYTHINg,.RE; who -A is!!!!!!

Please give time for others to see the episode before revealing who -A is

I am also avoiding Twitter and all websites!!!!!!!!

Spoiler tag what? :P All I said was Mindfúck

Noelly wrote: »
    Spoiler tag what? :P All I said was Mindfúck

OK....but to anyone posting, give us all like 24 hours to catchup and see it etc. i heard Twitter imploded after the episode...... :eek:

:D

• Advertisement

OK....but to anyone posting, give us all like 24 hours to catchup and see it etc. i heard Twitter imploded after the episode...... :eek:

:D

Yeah Twitter had basically the whole TTs worldwide taken over! Had to avoid it 'til I found a link to the episode. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

So, so, so disappointed with that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Catching up on some episodes as I thought the series was finished for some reason?! :confused:

Watched ep 23 just there and I got a bit of a suprise. It seems that Rosewood is based on a little town called Conshohocken in PA which is a town that my brother used to live in and I've visited a few times.

When the girls are looking through the papers they found celebration details on a paper....they flip it over and say Rose wood but if you look closely its Conshohocken!

So cool!!! :cool:

Jesus Christ. That was intense. And confusing.

I'm going to give people a grace period to see it and then we can discuss it properly. All I can say is, there was a "jump" moment which made me drop a sandwich. God damn you, A! :pac:

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. That was intense. And confusing.

I'm going to give people a grace period to see it and then we can discuss it properly. All I can say is, there was a "jump" moment which made me drop a sandwich. God damn you, A! :pac:

Which bit was that? :P Just spoiler it! :D

Noelly wrote: »
    Which bit was that? :P Just spoiler it! :D
    It didn't even have anything to do with the plot.
    The fecking deer leaping in front of the car.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    It didn't even have anything to do with the plot.
    The fecking deer leaping in front of the car.

Ooh yeah! That bit was very weird alright! :D I'm just so curious about
    the girl as the black swan, and who Jenna met and gave the hoodie thing too. Wasn't Mona because the hoodie was grey with blotches of colour in it, I was looking out for it all the episode but didn't spot it anywhere. :eek:

I wont say much because I know people still have to catch up but I am seriously disappointed-More questions than answers. Would have been a great ep if we hadnt been promised the A Reveal-Let down big time. Reminded me of Red John Reveal at the end of last seasons the mentalist-completely great ep if we hadnt been promised we would see who RJ was.

trendy88 wrote: »
    I wont say much because I know people still have to catch up but I am seriously disappointed-More questions than answers. Would have been a great ep if we hadnt been promised the A Reveal-Let down big time. Reminded me of Red John Reveal at the end of last seasons the mentalist-completely great ep if we hadnt been promised we would see who RJ was.
    I get where you're coming from. I purposely try to avoid reading any publicity for shows because this is always happening. You'll see fans of The Killing frothing at the mouth on this forum about a similar thing, promised something and not given it.

Because I didn't have the expectation that all would be revealed, I quite enjoyed it. It felt like the show had come back to life a bit, it's been so listless the last while. It was like they'd been saving up all this action for this particular episode.

It raised a lot of questions. The following is speculation, don't read unless you've seen the episode.
    Was Alison actually the beginning of this or was she just one of the few people who said no to A? How could a group like this operate in a town as small as Rosewood? What are their aims: are they criminals, blackmailers, some kind of sect? They were obviously working for a while before Alison copped it. What's the motivation for being in the A-team, what rewards does it bring? There has to be a reward in it, there can't be that many psychopaths in a small town who just do it for the craic. It seems like this could just be the beginning.
    So many questions! And I haven't even really addressed what happened in the ep.

• Advertisement

^ i still haven't seen the finale, no idea who -A is, but here is some casting news....Mona upped to series regular: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/pretty-little-liars-janel-parrish-mona-301781

Advertisement