Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

leahyl wrote: »
    Jesus Bressie nearly broke down on the stage! He's such a softie!

And he used to be a rugby player for Leinster y'know.. Used to cry every time he gave away a penalty.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Wait, there is still 22 acts left in this?? :eek:

When is it ever going to end?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Cant believe they picked her.. Listening back to the small bit they played back she was poor... No fan of yer man O'Shaughnessy, but he was FAR better than her tonight..

Would definitely agree with you there! She's very wooden and doesn't really connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Macca3000 wrote: »
    When is it ever going to end?

Kathryn Thomas will be entitled to her RTE pension by the time it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lol WRONG! Well on the Sinead one anyway!

Cant believe they picked her.. Listening back to the small bit they played back she was poor... No fan of yer man O'Shaughnessy, but he was FAR better than her tonight..

Yeah agreed - like tbh I thought the whole acoustic version of Biebers song was a bit predictable ("oh look how fresh and different I am" when in fact it's been done before on a talent show (US factor) but he was def better than her and he us better than that performance he gave tonight as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jesus Bressie nearly broke down on the stage! He's such a softie!

And he used to be a rugby player for Leinster y'know.. Used to cry every time he gave away a penalty.. :D

Sigh he's perfect :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Why does one per team have to be eliminated? If say the lowest two in one team have way more votes than the bottom two in the other it's not very fair. If its strictly one per team it reduces the impact of the public vote & makes the 'rivalry' between mentors fairly irrelevant if they'll definitely loose one a week anyway?!

And the sound was pants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Ah come on we're lovin' it. :o

Or at least lovin' how bad it is.

Cant wait for the first scandal to break!..... Whoop!..There has to be a scandal. We're not quite the X factor so it wont be Cocaine, it will be "caught on camera, coming home from the pub drunk, in a field with sheep, with one welly missing" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

there is a fair way haha

The results should have been left until next week, and then two from each team should have had another battle before the mentors decided to vote one out.

The Battle of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Pat and Kiera for me stole the show. I think they embody all that is great about "Irishness" in music, if that makes sense. They have fierce passion when performing.

Have a soft spot for Alan. What a gent and a velvet voice.

I was surprised to see Gari get through without being in the bottom 2. I was underwhelmed by his performance. Jessica should have sailed through.

Well impressed with Kian tonight. He has more sense that what came through in the earlier shows. Far less contrived than the other three mentors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Totally fancy Pat Byrne after tonight!!

I'm praying Bressie decides to reform the Blizzards and they play at some point!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Any chance of a list of the acts that got through tonight?

Tusky wrote: »
    Any chance of a list of the acts that got through tonight?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Voice_of_Ireland_(series_1)#Finalists

Brian Kennedy

Brendan Keeley
    Richie Hayes
    Claire O'Loughlin
    Sinead Fox
    Alan Fitzsimons

Bressie

Jessica Pritzel
    Conor Quinn
    Gari Deegan
    Kiera Byrne
    Pat Byrnes

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Jesus, the sound was shockin! Were they defo not using auto tune??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The guys choice of song on Brian Kennedys team cost him his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Skid wrote: »
    "You look stunning" = Talent Show code for "I really don't want to comment on how bad that performance was"
    Lisha wrote: »
    Nicely done Skid, LOL:D

Thanks, it was an homage to this comment of yours, Lisha :)
    Cringe when Ryan said 'show the ring to the camera and we'll TRY and pick it up' (Girl bitch code for small diamond)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76154910&postcount=132

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

The show tonight was the equivalent of father teds lovely girls competition versus miss world, father teds disco versus an all out rave, father teds fairground ladder versus funderland. You get the picture it was amateur in a comic way.

First observation apart from the sound being ****e and probably linked to it is that a live band instead of a backing track makes for a wedding band karaoke style feel to proceedings. Yes the irony of trying to use real musicians not working out in a show like the voice is not lost on me.

Most of the acts sounded poor but I really think that was the production more than the singing. Judges did not judge at all. It just felt wrong and below par on all levels.

I expected a lot more tbh and I hope they consider doing away with the band or getting a more modern feeling setup to the band. Tonight's was not a rock / pop band at all. It was what you would expect to hear at a Vegas cabaret show.

Still I will be watching next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The guys who did the sound I'd understand are called Observe Broadcasting Facilities; this group partake broadcasting which is set outside of a TV studio. There was done on previous musical talent shows like AITS, Fame and in the present day; the Voice of Ireland.

The sound I'd agree was very poor tonight!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

First observation apart from the sound being ****e and probably linked to it is that a live band instead of a backing track
    I expected a lot more tbh and I hope they consider doing away with the band or getting a more modern feeling setup to the band.

Change things midway? Rte??? Not a chance!

• Advertisement

The guys who did the sound I'd understand are called Observe Broadcasting Facilities; this group partake broadcasting which is set outside of a TV studio. There was done on previous musical talent shows like AITS, Fame and in the present day; the Voice of Ireland.

The sound I'd agree was very poor tonight!

I didn't notice the sound problems in AITS, didn't like that show but it wasn't down to the production. It was after all produced in a proper studio. It was certainly apparent on FAME and last night.

Surprising to see the Battle rounds far better????

sue z wrote: »
    Jesus, the sound was shockin! Were they defo not using auto tune??

Could have sworn I heard auto tune a couple of times! I just put it down to my wonky ear :S

They must hear a totally different sound to what we hear, some of them sounded dire but got amazing feedback, what gives? I really liked Brian's fella, although I'm not exactly a Bieber fan, I liked what he did with the song.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How the hell did Sinead and Claire stay in both were awful and as for Jessica I think she is way overrated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I don't know if a lot of people here understand what autotune is.... There was none. The sound was bad.

I really liked Brian's fella, although I'm not exactly a Bieber fan, I liked what he did with the song.. :D

Copied someone else's original take on it?

Copied someone else's original take on it?

I meant the whole sat down with a guitar thing.. Hers was rubbish.

*Also, I for one, know exactly what auto tune is..

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How the hell did Sinead and Claire stay in both were awful and as for Jessica I think she is way overrated

Agreed, her audition was good but her battle and last night weren't so great! Did think she was better than Gavin mind you.

I meant the whole sat down with a guitar thing.. Hers was rubbish.

*Also, I for one, know exactly what auto tune is..

If sitting down with a guitar is what's impressing viewers of The Voice, the show's problems are much more grave than I thought...

If sitting down with a guitar is what's impressing viewers of The Voice, the show's problems are much more grave than I thought...

Your pipe went out there Grandad let me light it again for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Skid wrote: »
    Thanks, it was an homage to this comment of yours, Lisha :)

:o:D:D

and I thought MrsD was the one with the scary memory Skid:)

Am watching the voice a bit but Its a bit Meh or something. Last night I kept thinking for most acts, I preferred the one that was sent home in the previous week. The sing off duo type show. So I felt I knew nothing:)

I liked the ginger guy with the weird facial expressions abit. THere seems to be a lot of acts still in it at this stage though

• Advertisement

Your pipe went out there Grandad let me light it again for you..

90ad9322_WTF-ARE-YOU-TALKING-ABOUT.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement