Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have any regrets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Sindri wrote: »
    My dog died today, and I have to bury him.

I regret not spending more time with him and loving him more. I regret that his injuries were so serious and nothing could be done. I regret that that he died. I loved him.

That must be hard for you,my dog died last week too,he accidently got into the washing machine and subsequently drowned ...

But at least he died in Comfort...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I regret not being the daughter my parents wanted me to be. They did everything they could as regards raising me and it seems like as soon as I turned 18 I slapped it all back in their faces. It's only since they died I realise how selfish I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Em....all my regret are things I had no control over, think I`ve played things pretty well from the hand I`ve been dealt. Those common regrets don`t apply to me at all so I know I`m not doing so bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Yes. Buying a single vinyl copy of Piaf's Je Ne Regret Rien in a flea market. Forgot I'd thrown out the 3 in 1 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

I had a chance to take a photo of my daugher (who was only a baby at the time) sitting on her uncle's lap a few years ago.

Her uncle was only 19 at the time and had a very cool car. Like a knob, I took a photo of my daughter sitting in his car instead.

The uncle died a few months later.

Not taking the photo of them together...that's my regret. Would have been nice to say to her in a few years, that's you with your uncle ....... he was a great guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yes, never really finding love and its probably too late now having been single for a long, long time. I was a victim of school bullying which destroyed my confidence and I wonder if I will ever repair this.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

Regrets, I have many.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Bruce7 wrote: »
    I knew a guy once who, when under the influence of some chemicals, decided to strip naked and fight a cat to the death, mano a mano in a completely empty room. Man vs Beast if you will.

The cat scratched and bit the sh*t out of him, damaging one of his eyes and messing up his face. One of the cuts on his legs got infected with some nasty sh*t but he was too ashamed to go to the doctor about it. When he finally did, it was too late, and he had to have part of his leg amputated.

I'd say he'll probably regret that more than the dreams he never pursued or the songs he never sang.

He didn't even manage to hurt the cat that much, let alone kill it.

By "cat" do you mean "HOLY MOTHERFUCKER IT'S A FUCKING LION!!" by any chance?

If not, sweet Jesus. Fair play to the cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

Anyone who says they have no regrets is a stupid cock who has never learned anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

I regret not spending more time with him and loving him more. I regret that his injuries were so serious and nothing could be done. I regret that that he died. I loved him.

Aw that's so sad I'm sure you loved the little fella when he was here - sad news to hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Sorry to hear that Sindri. I dread the thought of my dog dying. Hope you're OK.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

skregs wrote: »
    Anyone who says they have no regrets is a stupid cock who has never learned anything.

On the contrary, I've learned quite a lot, and I am happy with where I am today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

bluewolf wrote: »
    On the contrary, I've learned quite a lot, and I am happy with where I am today

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

"I left one million euro in the........................."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I dont think I made the most of college from a social point of view. Thats my only real regret.

Coming towards the final years of college I could say this but looking back it was my conscious decision to not get involved in the whole superficial social life of my college. I just couldn't fit in and neither was I being myself when I tried to fit into that scene hence I had to get out of it.

But don't regret it. I know many people in the college but I've only got a handful of good friends and we do our own thing, so its not too bad. I'm also more focused and I think at the end that's what matters the most. I've seen people come to college, get completely involved in the social scene, lose focus from studies and end up dropping out of college. At the end of the day what matters most if keeping your focus on the ball and making sure you pass with good grades cuz that's what will eventually get you that job and the security we all feel the need for in our lives.

And if I have one regret, its that I didn't pay enough attention in 2nd and 3rd year of college and I'm now finding this year tough as now to do well in these final years, I really need to put in that extra effort to make up for my lacking in the basics of knowledge that you learn during those earlier years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Pretty much everything I've ever done. Or not done, as the case may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Yeah. Not trying to get the bang off my french teacher the day I finished my leaving cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Winter Uneven Pediatrician

I have lots of regrets, and at 45 you'd think I'd have learned from them - not at all.

Most recently I flew off the handle with a friend, and I regret it.. I miss our chats.

Yup, lots of regrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I have lots of regrets, and at 45 you'd think I'd have learned from them - not at all.

Most recently I flew off the handle with a friend, and I regret it.. I miss our chats.

Yup, lots of regrets.

So why don't you patch things up with your friend?
    If you don't, you may have to add that to your list of regrets in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Yup, lots of regrets.
    The older I get the more regrets I seem to be acquiring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Indeed, I have regrets.
    Perhaps most of all, that I continued to hang out with the same crowd of "friends" who screwed me over time and time again, because it was all I knew.
    That I lived in abject misery, and continued to let the cycle of "screw over, phoney apology, repeat" consume me, confuse me, and f*ck with my head for almost 3 years. :(

Amazing when your comfort zone isn't even all that comfortable, and yet you still refuse to venture out of it. Like an animal which remains loyal to its abusive captors.

Glad it's behind me now, just wish I hadn't wasted so many years of my life chasing a dream, when that dream was actually a nightmare in disguise. Three years which I will never get back, and which have scarred me socially and emotionally for ever more.

I ain't in no hurry, you go run and tell your friends I'm Losing Touch, fill your nights with rumors of impending doom.... It must be true - The Killers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Way too many regrets to mention :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Autosport wrote: »
    Way too many regrets to mention :(

I've had a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I cannot believe how many regrets I have at such a young age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

That I've never loved anyone. Think it would be sad to die never having had anyone to love. (besides family)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I lot of my regrets are about missed opportunities when it came
    to women growing up. Have very few other regrets.

Regrets eh Mmmmm.
    If I could re-live my early years knowing what I know now and somehow
    magically re-enter my body and experience what it would have been like
    to have made different decisions in my life it would be fun.

Senior Infants Primary school. Flirt with the twins from cork they will be hot.

4th 5th 6th class in primary make bloody move on the girl you fancy.
    Stop being so fussy about getting a shift and play spin the bottle on the
    school trip to the Aran Islands

When the bird you fancy asks you out stop being ****in shy and get what you can instead of messing things up and it never happening and she ends up hating ya.

When the hot Bird that you fancy at the GAA disco is trying to convince ya
    to shift her best friend....shift her best friend!!! Hot Bird has no interest in you! so take what you can get with her good looking but not as hot friend.

When the bird you fancy wants to kiss you out a window dont waste the opportunity!!

If your in a situation where there are sisters that both like you and and you can only pick one, the younger one fancy's you more and is game ball. The older one will prick tease you and you will never end up sniffing near her.

That time you loose your virginity make damn sure you dont tell anyone you've just got laid (ie the whole class)...she wont be impressed and rumours will follow you about for years. Also keep that condom in your wallet and beg borrow or steel one so you can have your fun and not have to pull out before you cum!

When you in college and going out with your first long term girlfriend
    dont leave your end of year exams early just to meet up with her she's going
    to two time ya with a bloke that looks like Mark Owen!!!
    This is what will happen...... You will fail and leave college be destined to spend 15 years as a technician without a promotion. If you stuck to doing your exams you might of actually went on to get a bloody degree.

When it comes to making a decision between the Hot Blonde thats older than you and only gives innuendos or the amazing bird that is randy....
    you've had your fun with randy move onto blondy. Randy has no interest in you long term, and you never know what might of happened with blondy.

If you goto a house party with an flaking looking lass and she's up for it.
    Dont make the mistake of leaving your condoms in your coat while you go upstairs with the lass. You may not be able to get back to them and it will ruin your chances of getting laid..so what might have turned out to be getting your hole ended up with just a jerk off and finger bang.

The bird that looked like Angelina Jolie with the big blow job lips and huge tits it going to dump you when you least expect it and end up riding her cousin. Drop the hand, get a blowjob and enjoy yourself for as long as it lasts. It wont last

Stop having such high moral values in Life.
    when the bird you fancy drags you off bush drinking and throws herself at you dont refuse her cos shes already going out with somebody! she will two time him over and over again and you might as well have had some fun.

When your in the bedroom of the girl around the corner who loves Nirvana
    and makes the effort to lure you into her room while here parents are away and your not too sure if there is a chance or not. **** it man go for it!!

dont end up spending 2 years of your life going out with a bird that you
    argue with every weekend and that you dont find physically attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Regrets and mistakes are only regrets and mistakes if you don't learn from them, otherwise their learning experiences .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭johnayo

KKkitty wrote: »
    I regret not being the daughter my parents wanted me to be. They did everything they could as regards raising me and it seems like as soon as I turned 18 I slapped it all back in their faces. It's only since they died I realise how selfish I was.

Thats the same story most people on here will have. But I'll bet that they still loved you all the more.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭johnayo

bullets wrote: »
    I lot of my regrets are about missed opportunities when it came
    to women growing up. Have very few other regrets.

Regrets eh Mmmmm.
    If I could re-live my early years knowing what I know now and somehow
    magically re-enter my body and experience what it would have been like
    to have made different decisions in my life it would be fun.

Senior Infants Primary school. Flirt with the twins from cork they will be hot.

4th 5th 6th class in primary make bloody move on the girl you fancy.
    Stop being so fussy about getting a shift and play spin the bottle on the
    school trip to the Aran Islands

When the bird you fancy asks you out stop being ****in shy and get what you can instead of messing things up and it never happening and she ends up hating ya.

When the hot Bird that you fancy at the GAA disco is trying to convince ya
    to shift her best friend....shift her best friend!!! Hot Bird has no interest in you! so take what you can get with her good looking but not as hot friend.

When the bird you fancy wants to kiss you out a window dont waste the opportunity!!

If your in a situation where there are sisters that both like you and and you can only pick one, the younger one fancy's you more and is game ball. The older one will prick tease you and you will never end up sniffing near her.

That time you loose your virginity make damn sure you dont tell anyone you've just got laid (ie the whole class)...she wont be impressed and rumours will follow you about for years. Also keep that condom in your wallet and beg borrow or steel one so you can have your fun and not have to pull out before you cum!

When you in college and going out with your first long term girlfriend
    dont leave your end of year exams early just to meet up with her she's going
    to two time ya with a bloke that looks like Mark Owen!!!
    This is what will happen...... You will fail and leave college be destined to spend 15 years as a technician without a promotion. If you stuck to doing your exams you might of actually went on to get a bloody degree.

When it comes to making a decision between the Hot Blonde thats older than you and only gives innuendos or the amazing bird that is randy....
    you've had your fun with randy move onto blondy. Randy has no interest in you long term, and you never know what might of happened with blondy.

If you goto a house party with an flaking looking lass and she's up for it.
    Dont make the mistake of leaving your condoms in your coat while you go upstairs with the lass. You may not be able to get back to them and it will ruin your chances of getting laid..so what might have turned out to be getting your hole ended up with just a jerk off and finger bang.

The bird that looked like Angelina Jolie with the big blow job lips and huge tits it going to dump you when you least expect it and end up riding her cousin. Drop the hand, get a blowjob and enjoy yourself for as long as it lasts. It wont last

Stop having such high moral values in Life.
    when the bird you fancy drags you off bush drinking and throws herself at you dont refuse her cos shes already going out with somebody! she will two time him over and over again and you might as well have had some fun.

When your in the bedroom of the girl around the corner who loves Nirvana
    and makes the effort to lure you into her room while here parents are away and your not too sure if there is a chance or not. **** it man go for it!!

dont end up spending 2 years of your life going out with a bird that you
    argue with every weekend and that you dont find physically attractive.

Fair play man, thats some list. Maybe a little bit of councilling would help. Although wait, was that my early lifestory you just posted.:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

I had sex behind the pub with one of the ugliest women you will ever see.I only regret it because one of my friends walked up passed us to collect his van the fcuker will never let me forget it :(

Advertisement