Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks marking schemes

• 06-06-2010 10:35am
    Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

Are they available anywhere on the net?? Can't seem to find them on examinations.ie...:confused:

Just looking over some mistakes from the mocks, would be alot of help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Haven't managed to find them either. They wouldn't be on examinations.ie because the mocks are made by independent companies that have nothing to do with the real people setting the paper. Only way to get them is to photocopy the marking scheme your teacher got to correct them.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Victoria. wrote: »
    Haven't managed to find them either. They wouldn't be on examinations.ie because the mocks are made by independent companies that have nothing to do with the real people setting the paper. Only way to get them is to photocopy the marking scheme your teacher got to correct them.

Fair enough, looks like that idea is out the window....:(

You would think most teachers would have gave us photocopies of the marking scheme months ago....:confused:

I mean I have enough worthless photocopied sheets, they actually would have been useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

My teahcer gave me a copy of the DEB english paper. It's two papers but good god its thick :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

DB10 wrote: »
    Fair enough, looks like that idea is out the window....:(

You would think most teachers would have gave us photocopies of the marking scheme months ago....:confused:

I mean I have enough worthless photocopied sheets, they actually would have been useful!

To be fair, the marking scheme of ONE mock paper should not affect your grade. The amount of study you have done probably will though.

Teachers may also want to reuse mock papers as tests in school. Not much use to them if marking schemes for the papers are doing the rounds of the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Fizzical

Mock exams are not always corrected in the same way as the real exams so giving a false idea of the answers that would be required in the real exam.

Also, the answers in the marking schemes are not always correct (though they are better than they used to be).

So mocks are good for practising and developing answers to a wide variety of questions, but I wouldn't pay a huge amount of attention to a marking scheme.

• Advertisement
Advertisement