Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a few old coins. Could you have a look at the list below try give me an estima

• 28-05-2009 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Could you please try to give me a rough value of each coin if possible, thanks.

1914 one penny 'georgivs v dei gra:britt: omn:rex fid:def:ind:imp:

1957 25 Ptas , has a small star that says 68

1961 1/2c south africa

1934 shilling south africa 'georgivs v rex imperator'

1944 three pence 'georgivs vi d:g:br: omn:rex:f:d:ind:imp.

1790 georgivs iii dei gratia. 'b:bros:rex:f:d:cex? can't read it cleary after that

1790 georgivs iii dei gratia. 'w.c.b.et.co.dg.?.t.rex.fd.b.i.r.m'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

i know for a fact that the 1914 coin is worth 7 euros!!!!!

the 1961 coin is said to be around 39 euro:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Since condition is everything when it comes to coins giving an estimate just on the basis of dates etc. is somewhat pointless. You really need to bring them to an auctioneering firm like Whyte's on Molesworth Street in Dublin or to a bona fide coin dealer at one of the various collectors fairs - see Friday's Independent or Saturday's Times/Irish Examiner.

Advertisement