Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Corolla T2 versus T3

• 09-01-2007 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

I've been looking to buy a Corolla VVTi - 2003 model. I've been looking around the web. Can anyone tell me the difference between the T2 and T3 Hatchback 1.4 models?

They look pretty similar.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

They're both UK spec so try Toyota UK

In Ireland we have E, Terra, Strata, Luna & Sol....respectively

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

2003 model will be different spec to current. specs upgraded in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hi,

I've been looking to buy a Corolla VVTi - 2003 model. I've been looking around the web. Can anyone tell me the difference between the T2 and T3 Hatchback 1.4 models?

They look pretty similar.

Thanks,

These are UK spec models.

The T2 is similar to the Terra model we have here. The T2 had air con though as far as I know which the Terra doesn't have.

The T3 is similar to the Luna model. It would probably have on top of the T2 spec: alloy wheels, different seat trim, front fogs, front side air bags, stereo controls on the steering wheel and colour coded heated door mirrors.

Generally, UK spec Toyotas are slightly better equipped than Irish spec ones.

UK specs not always better bazz. you'll find some models have extras over Irish models but have other things removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 padraigrua44

Thanks lads,

It's a lot clearer now. As some of the other posts said the T1, T2, T3 notation is easier to follow than the Terra, Luna, etc.

Anyway thanks again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WildWater

Sometimes I wonder do Toyota and other Marques delibertly make the model version confusing so that the punter will be easier to fool when trading in or buying second hand.

I don't see how it's complicated....E=Entry, Terra=Ground(Basic), Aura=Atmosphere, Strata=Stars, Luna=Moon, Sol=Sun(most important star)

Fairly easy to understand once you look into it.

Same as Merc, Classic, Avantgarde, Elegance

Ok handy way to remember it (are you in the trade) but why does Strata rank before luna. The moon is closer than the stars.

No not in the trade, but a bit of a buff on specs(a bit)....Not sure on the Strata/Luna Q, but some things will be in the Strata that won't be in the Luna and Vice Versa, the Luna is generally better equipped though..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,404 ✭✭✭✭Alun

WildWater wrote:
    Ok handy way to remember it (are you in the trade) but why does Strata rank before luna. The moon is closer than the stars.
    It's Strata as in stratosphere, i.e. between the Earth (Terra) and the Moon (Luna) ... apparently. Stars would be Astra, following the same theme. Whoever thought that scheme up should be shot.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote:
    It's Strata as in stratosphere, i.e. between the Earth (Terra) and the Moon (Luna) ... apparently. Stars would be Astra, following the same theme. Whoever thought that scheme up should be shot.

Guess you better know your stratosphere from your atmosphere before you visit the Toyota showroom :D

Alun wrote:

They're now using it in some other European countries, better than the usual Comfort, Elegance....GL GLX like they used to have

most manufacturers have shunned the traditional L LX GL GLX line up in favour of names. Nissan, Toyota, Opel, and gradually Ford.

Advertisement