Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamped in Dublin

• 13-06-2002 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

looks like some one got the better of the wheel clampers in dublin. check out on ireland.com
    :D

dunno how the driver managed to do it.... but i think its funny...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Brilliant. Id have put the clamp in the car as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

I don't know about this particular instance, but the street right outside my apartment is a popular place for over-parking and clamping, and the clampers always seem to take a (time-stamped) photo of the car with the clamp in place. So I'd expect that they would know the cars registration details and could easy follow up and get a name and address for the owner.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

a) You can actually drive off the clamp if you jack the car up
    b) Why didn't he take the clamp and wheel while he was at it?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Blade
    Why didn't he take the clamp and wheel while he was at it?

He probably did not want to be prosecuted for theft.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Aren't the clampers in Dublin expecting some form of industrial action?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

What I'd love to do is Clamp the Clampers.

I havn't any experience of the Dublin mob but judging by Galway where they always seem to get down for that 7.30 am they are probably a pack of bástards.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

TBH, I'd rather pay the fine than have to go out and buy and new wheel, especially if they were alloys.
    Originally posted by leeroybrown
    What I'd love to do is Clamp the Clampers.

It's been done. Outside Trinity College a couple of weeks ago was a clampers van clamped. Either the lock on the driver's door was broken, or it was just their mates messing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

and the clampers always seem to take a (time-stamped) photo of the car with the clamp in place. So I'd expect that they would know the cars registration details and could easy follow up and get a name and address for the owner.

Yeah but without proof that the driver is the one who removed and stole the clamp the most that could happen is being fined the original clamping cost.

I actually agree with clamping and believe they should also charge to enter the city center but i get a perverse pleasure from seeing someone get one over any authority :)

Unfortunately, charging drivers to enter urban areas and then clamping them at every possible opportunity quite often penalises people who have no other way to get to work.

If there isn't effective and cheap park and ride public transport in place then no-one wins, ... except Dublin Corporation of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

anyone ever play that clamping flash game someone made where you have to splat the clampers with tomatoes or something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by Samson

He probably did not want to be prosecuted for theft.

Yeah but without proof that the driver is the one who removed and stole the clamp the most that could happen is being fined the original clamping cost.

Just quoting figment there and thats exactly right, I know someone who jacked up the car and drove off the clamp and took the clamp with him and nothing ever came of it. The only thing they can prove is that you were clamped at a certain time because of the photographic evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

http://www.clamporama.com

thats the thingy i was on about

The worst thing about clamping in my opinion is the way that the clamping companies will clamp someone parked half a foot inside a designated area at midnight when theres no one else parked within 500 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Xterminator

All this moaning about clamping.

Just park legally FFS.

Any1 who parks illegally, (regardless of how busy it is) deserves to be clamped.
    I wish we had more clamping!

X

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

How much do wheels cost anyway? And tires? Less or more than 80 euro? And even less than the cost of parking legally.

Not that I don't find the pic amusing, I've been clamped a couple of times.

Advertisement