Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks for the muffin recipe Lainy I'm gonna give it a try when I have some spare time.

Does anyone know if egg whites are still zero points in the pro point system?

Thanks Eabha x

they are, but the yolk is 2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks for the muffin recipe Lainy I'm gonna give it a try when I have some spare time.

Does anyone know if egg whites are still zero points in the pro point system?

Thanks Eabha x

One egg white is 0 points, but 2 are 1propoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

hey, would someone be able to check there lil booklet for the points for frozen peas and corn. Its a little confusing on the uk site LOL and i've been going thru the tesco website but again the info they give is per 100g...but i dont know if thats frozen or cooked weight they're talking a bout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Brunette Barbie

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    hey, would someone be able to check there lil booklet for the points for frozen peas and corn. Its a little confusing on the uk site LOL and i've been going thru the tesco website but again the info they give is per 100g...but i dont know if thats frozen or cooked weight they're talking a bout

Hi Lady Lainy,

According to the booklet:

1 heaped tbsp of frozen peas (35g) is 1 pp. Think this is the uncooked weight.

Baby sweetcorn is 0. Canned corn is 2 pp for 2 tbsps (60g).

Got the Sunday World supplement. Thanks for the heads up!

Hi Lady Lainy,

According to the booklet:

1 heaped tbsp of frozen peas (35g) is 1 pp. Think this is the uncooked weight.

Baby sweetcorn is 0. Canned corn is 2 pp for 2 tbsps (60g).

Got the Sunday World supplement. Thanks for the heads up!

okay....thats confusing me even more. the uk website has it the other way around. canned is 0 and frozen sweet corn is 1pp per 30g

I'm thinking the ones writing the booklet and the ones writing the site must have crossed wires somewhere :S

Rooted around in the freezer found some of each.
    (prob would have made more sense to have done that first)

Nutritional information was given as frozen!

50g of frozen corn - 1pp
    50g of frozen peas - 1pp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

The knorr season & shake rustic chicken that cam in today Sunday World with the ww supplement is 3ppts per pack.

Sunday Spaghetti & Meatballs

Take one pack Lidl beef meatballs (24ppts for 340g pack). Divide each in two . Fry with a spray or two of frylight until browned. Remove from pan with slotted spoon.
    Fry off a mix of very finely diced (I do it in food processor & freeze batches of it) onions, carrot, celery & garlic.
    Add a tin of Lidl chopped tomatoes with basil, and slosh out with half a tin of water. Add meatballs back in & cook for approx 15 mins with lid on. I check meatball are cooked after 10 mins and then leave lid off for remaining time to reduce sauce a bit.
    Meanwhile cook 200g M&S linguini (19 ppts) or Bunalin wholewheat spaghetti (18ppts)
    serve with 1 tsp of grated parmesan (1ppt)

TOTAL = 43 ppts, enough to feed 3 adults or in our case 2 adults + 2 kids, so 14 ppts per portion.

Dinner is served!

80g of brown rice 8pp
    1 large chicken breast 4pp
    1/2 jar ww tikka sauce 3pp
    50g fozen corn 1pp
    50g frozen peas 1 pp

Total pp = 17 pp

Boil rice!
    Fry chicken in water...then add sauce.
    Boil Peas+corn!
    Drain rice, Drain Peas+Corn and mix.
    Serve!

Lainy, a lovely way to cook rice using the blitzed veg I mention in my post above is to sautée the veg in a tsp of l-f butter until soft, then add rice & stir to coat, then cover with hot veg or chicken stock and cook gently till all the stock is absorbed. Very tasty & really stretches the rice.

Lainy, a lovely way to cook rice using the blitzed veg I mention in my post above is to sautée the veg in a tsp of l-f butter until soft, then add rice & stir to coat, then cover with hot veg or chicken stock and cook gently till all the stock is absorbed. Very tasty & really stretches the rice.

So true...I took out 20g of rice which is 2pp...and put those 2pp back in as 100g of veg. I think i'll have to take out even more rice tomorrow...cos i'm about to burst. I usually just go nuts with the rice and do 100g..only because i have the points to do so. i like BIG satisfying dinners. tonight was a complete experiment adding the veg...cos i know i was severely lacking veg of any sort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

The knorr season & shake rustic chicken that cam in today Sunday World with the ww supplement is 3ppts per pack.

So excited bout dinner tomorrow!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Cerocco wrote: »
    Anyone know how much a Chicken Kiev would work out as, the buttery garlic one??

They are 13pp each. They'll only be a treat every now and then from now on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

After 1st week of propoints, was down 1lb at my wednesday meeting.

Bit disappointed really as I didnt have any mad indulgences and I have been losing between 2.5 and 4lbs every week (have a lot to lose).

I started having tea every morning in work (was craving it) and because was so busy in work and was too tired to make interesting lunches, I just made white bread sandwiches every day.

Do you think any of the above contributed to low loss?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi - here's just a few more of the things I pointed over the weekend:

M&S 300g Pot of Houmous - 12 pp - (I split it into 5 servings and froze it).
    Kit Kat Chunky - 7pp (shared it my hubby :))
    Amoy Stir Fry Hoi Sin Sauce (Sachet 120g) - 4pp (2pp per person)
    Glenisk Organic Yoghurt Tropical Fruit 125g - 3pp :eek:
    Frozen Fruit Pastilles Ice Lolly - 2pp

Have a good week everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi monife,
    Try not to be too disappointed, a loss is a loss at the end of the day.
    Your not always going to loose 2.5-4lbs every week.
    1lb-2lb is kinda the recommended weight loss each week. (it's too early in the morning to recall the proper lingo)

I don't think the White bread wld be the sole reason, unless u were pointing it correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

For anyone thinking of doing the new WW Pro Points plan I thought I would provide some info on what my first week was like. My daily allowance is 29 pro points (pps) and weekly is 49pps. I am at the upper end of the healthy weight range for my height so was not expecting to loose 2lb in week one!

My only exercise is as part of the commute to work which is walking 2 miles a day – nothing of note at the weekend. I am not the best at eating breakfast and try not to have to change what I eat too much when I diet so the food below isn’t exactly WW type stuff!

I am sure many people will think that as this is not the standard 3 meals a day plus snacks it is not healthly. Maybe that is true, but it is how I eat when not on a diet. When dieting I try to make my normal food healthier or use smaller portions so that I still eat much of what I like but change parts. Such as: have a Solero rather than a Magnum, diet Red Bull instead of normal, use sugar free beans, spray oil instrad of regular, no mid-week booze etc :D

Monday 10th:
    Breakfast:
    Red Bull 250ml can 3 pro points

Lunch:
    Green Salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, pineapple, grilled peppers, sweetcorn) 1 pro points
    Half bottle of M&S Reduced fat french dressing 3 pro points

Dinner:
    Brocolli 0 pro points
    200g (raw weight) potatoes roasted with spray oil 4 pro points
    130g filet of salmon baked 6 pro points
    1 tsp olive oil 1 pro points
    135g pot ambrosia light custard 3 pro points
    1 pot Hartleys low calorie jelly 0 pro points

Total used 21 pro points
    Activity Earned 3 pro points

Tuesday 11th:
    Breakfast:

Lunch:
    Green Salad (mixed lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, peppers) 0 pro points
    Muller Fruit corner Peach & Apricot 5 pro points

Dinner:
    1 medium chicken breast (165g) 4 pro points
    Half red pepper 0 pro points
    small onion 0 pro points
    30g Sweetcorn 1 pro points
    1 pouch, 120g, Blue Dragon Sechuan stir fry sauce 4 pro points
    Blue dragon fine Egg Noodle 50g nest 5 pro points
    Spray Oil 0 pro points
    Sherbet Dip Dab 2 pro points

Total used 27 pro points

Wednesday 12th:
    Breakfast:
    Red Bull Sugar Free 250ml can 0 pro points

Lunch:
    Green Salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, pineapple, grilled peppers, sweetcorn) 1 pro points
    Tayto Treble Crunch crisps 3 pro points

Dinner
    Half pouch Uncle Bens Basmati Rice 5 pro points
    1 serving Jamie Olivers Thai Green Curry 9 pro points
    (made with chicken, low fat coconut milk and various spices)

Total used 21 pro points

Thursday 13th:
    Breakfast:
    1 cadburys chocolate finger 1 pro points
    250ml orange juice 2 pro points

Lunch:
    125g pot Glenisk Low fat Strawberry Yoghurt 3 pro points

Dinner
    1 125g filet Donegal Catch Chunky breaded Haddock 7 pro points
    300g (raw weight) potatoes cut into wedges and roasted with spray oil 6 pro points
    225g Batchelors Sugar free baked beans 4 pro points
    Exotic Solero 3 pro points

Total used 30 pro points

Friday 15th
    Breakfast:

Lunch:
    Half low fat Chicken Salad sandwich 3 pro points
    Triangle low fat laughing cow cheese 1 pro points
    Yoplait low fat strawberry yoghurt 3 pro points

Dinner
    1 medium chicken breast (165g) 4 pro points
    30g easy cook rice 3 pro points
    Half jar Geetas Bhuna sauce 5 pro points

Alcohol
    5 pints cider 36 pro points
    Tayto Snax 2 pro points

Total used 57 pro points

Saturday 16th
    Breakfast:
    1 cadburys chocolate finger 1 pro points

Lunch:
    1 mini bag WW Chocolate Chip and orange cookies 3 pro points

Dinner
    1 medium chicken breast (165g) roasted 4 pro points
    Serving carrots 0 pro points
    Serving of Brocolli 0 pro points
    Half pack Schwartz chicken gravy 1 pro points
    200g (raw weight) potatoes roasted with spray oil 4 pro points
    Honey & oil used in cooking carotts & chicken 2 pro points

Alcohol

500ml can cider 6 pro points
    2.5 glasses white wine 8 pro points

Total used 32 pro points
    Activity Earned 0 pro points

Sunday 17th
    Breakfast:
    Nothing - lie in

Brunch:
    Tuna - John west 80g tin (65g drained) 1 pro points
    1 tablespoon light mayo 1 pro points
    1 slice Brennans white bread toasted 2 pro points
    Tayto Velvet Crunch 2 pro points

Dinner
    40g dried pasta shells 4 pro points
    400g portion home-made Bolognese 7 pro points

Alcohol
    2 pints cider 14 pro points

Total used 31 pro points
    Activity Earned 0 pro points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Monife,
    dont forget as well that soemtimes you mightnt lose anything at all, only to have a big loss the following week, Keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi All,

WI after work today.... terrified! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hockeysticks

There was a fantastic supplement with the Sunday World yesterday , lots of recipes, stories and tips.

I will bring it into work tomorrow and attempt to scan it in but I'd imagine it will be huge. If anyone can get their hands on it its worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

lollb wrote: »
    i posted the configuration earlier in this thred for the iwatchr app, however when entering the sample wheetabix in the book i get 4 points where the book gives 3 points, anyone else had this problem?

Yeah I had this with my porridge in the book it says it is lower than when I use the nutritional info on the box so i am going with the box!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

it is very annoying!! ive been going with the iwatchr app cause i hate that fidley wheel, i hope i havent been giving myself more points for things though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Uncle Bens aromatic sweet and sour satchet 150g serves 2 pp6

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Yoffi

Bag of Aero Bubbles - 5ppts

Can anyone help me with the following:

Ryvita Original - according to the info on the label it comes out at 1 ppt a slice but in the old system it was 0.5 pt. Is the 1 Ppt a slice correct or is this only because there are no half points in the system and it is 1 ppt for 2 slices?

I know it is probably 1 ppt a slice because the system has changed but I just want to double check.

M&S Gastropub Cottage pie, per half pack - 12ppts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Missyxx88

hi all, could anyone help me out. does anyone know of any nice weight watchers pro points recipes for a meal using chicken breasts. Really appreciate any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Missyxx88

yeah your right its one pro point a slice of ryvita

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chamade

The Feb edition of the Good Food guide has a WW propoints recipe supplement too (It's available now), plus has loads of superhealthy recipes and give the protein, carbs, fat values so it is easy to point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chompchomp

Hey folks, its been a few weeks since I posted here. Ye all seem to be doing really well which is encouraging. I could only go for two weeks and I lost 5 and a half pounds but then I came down with the flu over xmas which then turned into an horrendous chest infection:mad:. Ended up in hospital for three days and only starting to feel normal now.

However, I've only put on 2 pounds according to my weigh in from today which is really a big relief considering that I havn't been tracking and I still ate all around me! Just goes to show that its very doable even if you're not tracking. :)

chompchomp wrote: »
    Hey folks, its been a few weeks since I posted here. Ye all seem to be doing really well which is encouraging. I could only go for two weeks and I lost 5 and a half pounds but then I came down with the flu over xmas which then turned into an horrendous chest infection:mad:. Ended up in hospital for three days and only starting to feel normal now.

However, I've only put on 2 pounds according to my weigh in from today which is really a big relief considering that I havn't been tracking and I still ate all around me! Just goes to show that its very doable even if you're not tracking. :)

I got that horrible flu over xmas aswell and was left bedbound with sinus infection and a bucket load of antibiotic. It was horrible! But recharged my batteries and i'm back on track with vengeance! Exercising, eating right, drinking water!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chompchomp

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I got that horrible flu over xmas aswell and was left bedbound with sinus infection and a bucket load of antibiotic. It was horrible! But recharged my batteries and i'm back on track with vengeance! Exercising, eating right, drinking water!

The sinusitis is the worst bit of it though the sudafed nasal spray helps. Be careful of getting conjunctivitis:eek:...thats going around too and most of the people at work have it. I was talking to my boyfriends dad (hes a GP) and he said he's getting a lot of people in with both sinusitis and conjunctivitis since xmas. Just thought I'ld let ya know.Well done for keeping going!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement