Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 iPhone Customers - Get out of contract!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BestDaze

instinct. I told a friend of mine about the O2 changes and he checked the Vodafone site himself and saw what you found. He got out of his contract on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

BestDaze wrote: »
    instinct. I told a friend of mine about the O2 changes and he checked the Vodafone site himself and saw what you found. He got out of his contract on Saturday

With vodafone? Did they make him leave the network altogether or let him stay on a rolling month to month basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

well for me they wouldn't let me go rolling month, either port or terminate and lose my number.

instinct wrote: »
    well for me they wouldn't let me go rolling month, either port or terminate and lose my number.

And do you know if it was the same for your friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭bazzjazz

THat's very strange. I cancelled my contract this morning and it wasn't an issue. Wasn't even mentioned.

I even rang them back just a few minutes ago to confirm I was on a rolling monthly contract and they confirmed this.

• Advertisement

bazzjazz wrote: »
    THat's very strange. I cancelled my contract this morning and it wasn't an issue. Wasn't even mentioned.

I even rang them back just a few minutes ago to confirm I was on a rolling monthly contract and they confirmed this.

Just to confirm with vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭anneboleyn

Just seen this on VF site.

A get out of contract for VF customers perhaps ? Can someone clarify before I ring then ?

thanks

http://www.vodafone.ie/terms/customernotices/index.jsp

Yes - but only around data carryover - I asked the question on my 700 plan and was told it didn't apply to me cos I don't carry any over. so no opportunity to get out, or to9 bargain for free extras like I did with O2 :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Just one quick question (It may have been asked already....)

I'm into my second 18 month contract with O2. When taking you the new contract a few months ago I was able to avail of the free add-on with my plan, so now I have free texts to all networks.

I'm wondering what happens to the add on if I opt out of my contract? Will I keep it or will I lose it?

Thanking you.

Shane732 wrote: »
    Just one quick question (It may have been asked already....)

I'm into my second 18 month contract with O2. When taking you the new contract a few months ago I was able to avail of the free add-on with my plan, so now I have free texts to all networks.

I'm wondering what happens to the add on if I opt out of my contract? Will I keep it or will I lose it?

Thanking you.

You should be let keep it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

anneboleyn wrote: »
    Yes - but only around data carryover - I asked the question on my 700 plan and was told it didn't apply to me cos I don't carry any over. so no opportunity to get out, or to9 bargain for free extras like I did with O2 :(

If your contract didn't include data being carried over, you can hardly expect to be let out of it. If they had changed the contract from carry over, to no more carrying over, you could cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Is Vodafone the only carrier that lets you roam at no extra cost with the data inclusive packages?

Is Vodafone the only carrier that lets you roam at no extra cost with the data inclusive packages?

Three do sort of. You can roam on any 3 network world wide only inclusively. Vodafone allow you to roam with anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

That's good news... Vodafone would allow you to keep your number if you ported it over to someone else? That's different to the info given previously, where people were saying you'd lose your number.

So fair play to Vodafone, I was wrong to say they were unfairly threatening people with losing their number if they tried to invoke Reg 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Just called O2 and got told that as I am on an Unlimited plan, I cannot get out of my contract. Hmmm

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That's good news... Vodafone would allow you to keep your number if you ported it over to someone else? That's different to the info given previously, where people were saying you'd lose your number.

So fair play to Vodafone, I was wrong to say they were unfairly threatening people with losing their number if they tried to invoke Reg 17.

Shocking they would even threaten to remove someone's number, not matter what the circumstance. I would imagine ComReg wouldn't be long giving them a short sharp kick in the knackers for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I doubt comreg would even care.

Just called O2 and got told that as I am on an Unlimited plan, I cannot get out of my contract. Hmmm
    Really? Are you not charged for 11811 calls as it is?

Haddockman wrote: »
    Really? Are you not charged for 11811 calls as it is?

Well. Now thats interesting. Just called up 1909, and a woman told me that as I never call 11811, it doesnt really apply to me. Are they having me on?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

They are changing the terms of the contract therefore you can get out.
    Call back now and tell them you had planned to start calling 11811 but now you cant so you want out.
    Well. Now thats interesting. Just called up 1909, and a woman told me that as I never call 11811, it doesnt really apply to me. Are they having me on?

I think o2 are making up the rules as they go along.

• Advertisement

I think o2 are making up the rules as they go along.

They told me that I would have to port mu number to a different network, as It seems as though I dont want to stay on O2. But if they change the cost of the 11811 then they are changing my contract, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ShirleyG

Thank you shreadneck

I got my return call from O2 they asked if I was planning on switching network, I said I was because I can get a discount with vodafone, but I'm hoping to get a newer model of phone so I'm willing to stay on for a few months. She said no problem at all your contract will be cancled not your account. And its barely any problem as I only had 5 months left anyway.

She was very nice. I gave her my email address and she said she would send out confirmation.

Regards
    Shirls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

just rang them there, first, i went into the store and the guy point blank refused to talk about it, said all he could say on the matter was tell me to ring customer care. so i done so when i came home, spoke to the girl, told her i wanted to cancel my contract, she said i still had 6 months to go, then i told her i wanted to change it as i read that it can be done so, she asked me was this in relation to the increase in call charges, i said yet, so she put me through to a dedicated department who are dealing with it.

spoke to a guy called mark i think, must say he was spot on, he was talking about the weather and everything, then he asked me did i want to cancel it completely or move to another tarriff that might suit me better, i just wanted out completely so, i stayed with them, but moved onto speakeasy.

i might just leave the number with them and top it up every now and again with credit, as it's handy to have it for the pre-sale tickets.

but happy days, the contract didnt even make the year as it was taken out the 26/6, so getting out of it now makes it all the sweeter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

Just rang and cancelled the contract - however, something a little bit strange - she said that by cancelling the contract, I was now agreeing to be charged the new rates for anything outside of my bundle.

Are they entitled to do this?

They told me that I would have to port mu number to a different network, as It seems as though I dont want to stay on O2. But if they change the cost of the 11811 then they are changing my contract, no?
    They are. That is the whole point in why people are cancelling.

deravarra wrote: »
    Just rang and cancelled the contract - however, something a little bit strange - she said that by cancelling the contract, I was now agreeing to be charged the new rates for anything outside of my bundle.

Yes-thats why they let you out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

deravarra wrote: »

sounds like you've not had it cancelled completely?

the guy told me that i am now out of contract, and that i'm on speakeasy, and i rang back 19o9 and they said that it was for contract users only and i had to ring speakeasy customer care, so i know for definete that i am out of my contract, were you given any sort of indications that your contract will be ripped up??

dougs09 wrote: »
    sounds like you've not had it cancelled completely?

the guy told me that i am now out of contract, and that i'm on speakeasy, and i rang back 19o9 and they said that it was for contract users only and i had to ring speakeasy customer care, so i know for definete that i am out of my contract, were you given any sort of indications that your contract will be ripped up??
    I has a feeling alot of people have been hoodwinked by o2.

I has a feeling alot of people have been hoodwinked by o2.

I agree. I was flat out told I wasnt affected as I was a business customer the first time I called. Checked with a couple of posters in this thread and called back and got let out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

There doesn't seem to be much consistency in how they're dealing with people, does there?

Maybe different agents are handling it their own way or maybe it's different depending on what plan you were on.

Either way... bad show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement