Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

classic toyotas

• 10-04-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

hi guys im stapes and im new on this i drive a 96 toyota paseo (european version of the cynos) but im looking for an old toyota for sale so i can bring it to shows vintage runs...etc im looking for one of the folowing
    :toyota corolla ke20(1971-1975)
    :toyota corolla ke30(1975-1979)
    :toyota corolla dx (ke70)(1980-1983)
    :toyota carina ta12(1972-1976)
    :toyota carina ta14 (1976-1978)
    :toyota carina ta40 (1978-1980)
    :toyota carina ta60(1981-1983)

underlined are of high priority
    car must be in fair good order one needing minor repair may suit as i dont want a rust bucket either check out the pictures if your unsure what they look likejust private mail me or even better ring or text me on 087 2751733
    cheers guys!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stapes21

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

There's a crowd called Kelly Classic Toyota (based in Donegal) advertising in the latest Irish Vintage Scene. They have a couple of Corolla DXs and a 1980 Carina for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 loc5

if you go to the buy and sell website and go to autos and select toyotas and search through there youll come on 2 toyotas from 75/76 direct the re coupes ones a cressida and the others a crown i think afaik though the cressidas never came in coupes. i know your looking for corrolas but take a look at these they might interest you the daihatsu chamade was based on them but beware even though daihatsu is owned by toyota theres no cross over between them when it comes to parts well not in the later stuff that ive looked at hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Ballykine43

LOC5 Had a look, that two door Cressida has a 1.3 engine ???????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

loc5 wrote: »
    the daihatsu chamade was based on them but beware even though daihatsu is owned by toyota theres no cross over between them when it comes to parts well not in the later stuff that ive looked at hope this helps
    It was the diahatsu charmant that was based of the KE70 Corolla,theres one or two about that have twin cam transplants a la this one..
    Daihatsu_charmant_frontview_receiving_parts_ae86_trueno.jpg
    I remember it when it was a little old lady car!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

This was for sale in Durrow last sunday, i have their number if you want.
    IMG_0229.jpg

could be an import theres all kinds of stuff made over there its not just another part of the planet-it is an other planet

though i would think it might be a mistake could be they ment 3.1???

are you looking for old cars to modify or to drive as is??:confused: nothing wrong with the latter you know

charmont yes thats the one sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

I met a garage owner who has several old rusting cars . one of them is a dx, though I dont know any more of the exact model details, other than it is pre 87( old type reg)
    he told me that the engine had been re conditioned at a cost of 1,100 pounds and the car is still there. should anyone be intere, I will be glad to contact him.
    when I get time I will be back there and take a pic, though it is for the value of the engine that I am making this post.

Regards,Rugbyman

Advertisement