Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Sterling Lodgment to Ulster Bank Northern Ireland

• 08-06-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows can you lodge sterling in Ulster Bank ROI (I have an account there) to my Ulster Bank (NI) account?

The lady in the branch said usually they lodge stg to a currency account, I dont have one but a separate account with UB in Northern Ireland. She asked me to complete a long transfer form from EUR/GBP - and to come back tomorrow with the IBAN and BIC. I am not transferring euro to sterling, I have sterling ready to lodge here and its more convenience because I wont be in UK for a few weeks.

I thought they could have just used the debit card I have to lodge this but seems they wont work like that.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No, I don't think you can do what you're trying to do unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

The systems are not linked as it's a different country. They should have offered to have sent it to your branch up north but it seems they did not fully understand exactly what you wanted to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Thanks BuffyBot and Unclebill98

I probably confused the cashier by saying sterling account at first.

I'll go back in and maybe ask the lady on the desk to forward it to my branch in NI.

Thanks for the help. I wasn't really sure what they would be able to do, and if they can forward it up, then that a plus, otherwise I'll lodge it when I'm up there.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

The systems are not linked as it's a different country. They should have offered to have sent it to your branch up north but it seems they did not fully understand exactly what you wanted to do.

And these days, the ROI branches are part of "Ulster Bank Ireland Limited", so I imagine they're further apart than before.

Why don't you ring your NI branch and ask what they suggest doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

True, they are totally separate companies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement