Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend house rental close to the city

• 23-04-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,

Maybe I am dreaming but I am looking to rent a house/houses for a couple of nights stay close to kilkenny. Basically its a group from the football team, 7-10 lads that are looking to rent out a house for a friday and sat night that must tick the following:

be close to the city so taxis are cheap but not in a built up area where some noise/bbq etc wouldnt matter.

The plan is to do all the activities in kilkenny during the day and drink and party all night.

All the self catering ones seem to be in grounds with lots of other houses for rent and we don't want to be mixing with families as we don't want to ruin their time or our own.

any help is appreciated.

Regards,
    chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kkid

Chris, there is somewhere i know of up behind TC Tyres that is a 3 or 4 bed and pull out couch in the sitting room which would be perfect for ye, i'll have a look and see what its called but I went back there years ago with a young one and it did them fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nonsequitur

Ten lads drinking all night and bbqing? The guards would be all over ye in minutes, specially at the place you mention, its right beside corpo houses with loads of elderly people.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Are you for real? And I suspect we will be bbqing during the day like normal people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

To be fair to Chris, he's doing the right thing by looking for somewhere away from families etc, Why does everyone instantly jump onto people with the negative! Lots of the estates have semi-detached or detached houses, so might be useful. Alas I don't live there any more, so couldn't advise!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

This place might be an idea, i know it looks a bit odd, but if you got the last two places these then you would have loads of room, a table outside.

There is also an airsoft range right beside the location and and indoor pitch area so you could get a game in if you want, can also go fishing.
    No idea how much they cost, or what they are like inside etc, but might it could be an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

You could try Wallslough Village. Its a 10 minute drive to the City Centre http://www.wallsloughvillage.ie/holiday-cottages-page.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Local_Chap wrote: »
    You could try Wallslough Village. Its a 10 minute drive to the City Centre http://www.wallsloughvillage.ie/holiday-cottages-page.html

Wow, how come nobody thought of that already :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Wow, how come nobody thought of that already :D

Nobody has said that already have they :confused:

Edit: Im going to guess it was the post above mine? Im in work and it wouldnt leave me open that link!

Advertisement