Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Playoffs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭nerd69

if the celtics go through who are they playing could be a banana skin for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

nerd69 wrote: »
    if the celtics go through who are they playing could be a banana skin for someone

The winners of Bulls/Sixers. Let the record show, I tipped Boston for the Conference Finals before the play-offs even began. Just sayin'... :D

leggo wrote: »
    The winners of Bulls/Sixers. Let the record show, I tipped Boston for the Conference Finals before the play-offs even began. Just sayin'... :D

ok its on record

i like them for an upset or 2 but cant see them going all the way (there old bones will get tired)

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

Dumbass Knicks getting the 7th seed.

Was clear as day the Bulls were the best match up. Rather than the best team in the NBA.

/Sigh

Borisss wrote: »

Was clear as day the Bulls were the best match up. Rather than the best team in the NBA.

/Sigh

i duno if rose was there id put the bulls as favorites but with him out there not even close to the same team herd him described as the best pg since magic recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Borisss

i duno if rose was there id put the bulls as favorites but with him out there not even close to the same team herd him described as the best pg since magic recently

http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/Chris-Paul-Callin-Play-psd9461.png

I love Paul too but I think history will see D Rose go down as the greater man. Paul is great for highlight reels but Rose leads his team like no other and will lead Chicago to multiple rings. I just don't get that vibe with Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Noah went down last night as well and he's our best defender/rebounder. I'm not sure any team could cope with the loss of two of their best players.

Paully D wrote: »
    Noah went down last night as well and he's our best defender/rebounder. I'm not sure any team could cope with the loss of two of their best players.

stick a fork in them there done

• Advertisement

Do you remember at, like, Under-9 football...when one team was losing so badly that the manager would give the nod to the ref to blow it up for the sake of protecting their dignity?

You reckon that'd be possible for the Indiana/Magic series?

Anderson, Davis, Jameer and Richardson don't deserve this. They mightn't be all-star level but they've worked their arses off for the year for us. And now they've got to suffer this humiliation because the 'star' has taken his ball and gone home.

Tonight wasn't even just a poor performance: they're giving their all and it's just not been good enough. We need to write this season off ASAP and start re-building without Dwight and/or Van Gundy.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Do you remember at, like, Under-9 football...when one team was losing so badly that the manager would give the nod to the ref to blow it up for the sake of protecting their dignity?

Anderson, Davis, Jameer and Richardson don't deserve this. They mightn't be all-star level but they've worked their arses off for the year for us. And now they've got to suffer this humiliation because the 'star' has taken his ball and gone home.

Tonight wasn't even just a poor performance: they're giving their all and it's just not been good enough. We need to write this season off ASAP and start re-building without Dwight and/or Van Gundy.

The Magic came back strong twice but just failed to get over the line. Van Gundy is a top coach but too many of the players are just not used to having to go get their own shots. Even with a massive amount of help from the refs, the Pacers managed to survice despite having the offence switch off for long periods in the 4th and OT.

Get rid of Howard IMO. There's nothing to say he won't do the same thing in a couple of years time if he doesn't get his own way again.

Saw the end. Was hoping I'd have to eat my words but it just turned out to be thrilling heartbreak. At least we're going down fighting.

Personally yeah, I'd get rid of Howard before Van Gundy. But I still don't think SVG is blameless in the entire debacle. An entire re-think is needed IMO. Really wishing we'd have traded for Gasol and Bynum when it was on the table, but then again who'd have predicted it would be this messy and that Bynum would be this good back then. But now we'd be extremely fortunate to just get Bynum.

Ah well. Back to Indiana next week to presumably put us out of our misery! Pacers deserve the win, I hope they test Miami.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Rudy Gay just on fire in the last few mins, this clips grizz series is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Borisss wrote: »

/Sigh

Thank you, I made the very same argument in the regular season thread that the better matchup for the knicks was the bulls. Needless to say I got no support for this view, and was shot down by th entire thread, one person argued at length as to why the knicks would at least be competitive, b.s like Miami being overrated and other crap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Bulls could be gone very soon. 76ers now lead 3-1

buyer95 wrote: »
    Thank you, I made the very same argument in the regular season thread that the better matchup for the knicks was the bulls. Needless to say I got no support for this view, and was shot down by th entire thread, one person argued at length as to why the knicks would at least be competitive, b.s like Miami being overrated and other crap

not really if rose came back healthy the bulls would be in a very different position now

recyclebin wrote: »
    Bulls could be gone very soon. 76ers now lead 3-1

Losing Rose and then Noah seems like just a step too far. Really have a feeling of ''what might have been'' about this year. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SoulGuy

It's kind of irritating watching Amare playing right now. He's crashing the boards and active on almost every play. Where is this most of the time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

SoulGuy wrote: »
    It's kind of irritating watching Amare playing right now. He's crashing the boards and active on almost every play. Where is this most of the time?

He is an extremely annoying player, bags of talent but pretty selective on when and how he uses it.
    Pretty happy NY got a win in the series, fans deserve it and team has enough talent to push Miami, a bit late now but good to get a win.
    Lin to come back and light it up....:pac:

New York/Boston in the East finals.
    Lakers/Clippers in the West.

Well, I can dream. :D

He is an extremely annoying player, bags of talent but pretty selective on when and how he uses it.
    Pretty happy NY got a win in the series, fans deserve it and team has enough talent to push Miami, a bit late now but good to get a win.
    Lin to come back and light it up....:pac:

he has the talent to be one of the best pgs ever but hes knee is in bits if he plays 100% during the season he just wont be there for the playoffs his knee is so bad he cant get it insured

If LeBron took the same retarded route that Wade did to get that last shot he'd be getting killed right now, lol.

SoulGuy wrote: »
    If LeBron took the same retarded route that Wade did to get that last shot he'd be getting killed right now, lol.

wade has led a team to a ring lebron has not hence the leeway the self proclaimed king deserves none

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

First quarter of Mem V LAC has had everything. Great start for the Grizzlies showing what a physically strong team they are. Clippers come back into it and then we see how good their shooters are with 4 3 pointer, 2 each in 5 offences.
    This is gonna be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Looks like Baron Davis career is over, was coming to an end anyway but no one wants to see it end to abruptly and kind of horrific, horrible injury. Wish him all the best, back to LA to make more movies I presume.

LOL at the first line of Tyson Chandler's acceptance speech for DPOY

Ya know what I just realised? The Clippers could do this. The ****ing Clippers.

Now the Spurs will be well-rested, but as we all know recently they tend to have great regular seasons then capitulate in the play-offs. And the Clippers were a massive bogey team for OKC during the regular season.

Maybe it's time everyone started looking at them seriously.

But...they're the Clippers?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Congratulations Bulls. Series decider in Philadelphia on Thursday cause no way they lose a game 7.

Interesting scoreline at half-time in LA with the Nuggets up 6. I like watching this Nuggets team, the rookie Kenneth Faried is a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully they can send it back to Denver.
    Ya know what I just realised? The Clippers could do this. The ****ing Clippers.
    I saw the end of the game last night and Chris Paul is such a bad-ass. Shot something like 6-7 in the last minute of regulation + overtime. Probably the best closer in the league right now. But I think the 2nd round is about their level. CP3 is carrying the team and I think the talent drop-off after him and Blake is pretty steep. Without CP3 last year they won only 32 games (another testament to what he's done: 32-50 last season to an equivalent of 50 wins this season). But I don't think one person, even of Paul's ability, beats the better teams.

Advertisement