Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

Yeah I was looking at that but dont have the room and its probably destroyed with water damage, theres a really nice Grand Champion Cockpit up on ukvac which he said he would ship, really love the artwork on it and could be lovely with a lot less work.

http://www.ukvac.com/forum/fs-taito-taitronics-grand-champion-cockpit-220_topic344009.html

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

That would be nice with some work alright. Cool artwork. Fun game too.
    Have my eye on the upright though but God it's rough, maybe not as bad as the sitdown but hard to tell without seeing them in person. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Love the style of that grand champion

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Tried contacting him, but didn't get a reply. I see both ads have been taken down now too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Came across this site, seems to stock a nice selection of stuff with actual photos of the items. Free shipping too which is good. Ordered a cheap $3 game just to see if it's all ok so will report back.

https://www.jjgames.com/

Got my game today so seems to be all good.

Can't see how they're making money on selling $3 games with free postage from the states to here though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭keanebg1

Can't see how they're making money on selling $3 games with free postage from the states to here though...

Yes - I love JJGames, they are great, probably the best for NES/SNES games. Plus if you keep value of goods+shipping under €22 each time there is no VAT or customs ever. I have used them for a few years but the trend of the USD$ exchange rate this year has made buying from the US not as great value as it was. The pricing also seems to change a lot dependent on how many copies they have in stock, its worth tracking a particular game you might be looking for as it changes.

eStarland is the other US site I've used for NES/SNES items with low shipping to Ireland.

Atari2600.com stock lots of great games but min shipping charge is around €20

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

How long did your order take to show up? I ordered a couple of GB games today to see how it goes. Had to fix my paypal account first though, because apparently my account activity was "suspicious"...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

How long did your order take to show up? I ordered a couple of GB games today to see how it goes. Had to fix my paypal account first though, because apparently my account activity was "suspicious"...

About 2 weeks or so. Pretty standard for postage from the states

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Thanks!

Just got confirmation that the order shipped, so here's hoping :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

Apologies if this is against the charter (I think its ok) I was a long time lurker and occasional poster in this forum under a different username and I've just popped an advert up on the Market place forum here where I am offering the best bits of my Gamecube and Wii collection for sale.

I managed to resist labeling everything :::RARE::: <<<SUPERRARE>>> !!LOOK!! (I'll save that for adverts) but one or two bits are less common and might be of interest to some people

• Advertisement

Theres a Terminator 2 pinball on donedeal,
    just be aware that the pics in the ad are not of the actual game!
    BEWARE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Theres a Terminator 2 pinball on donedeal,
    just be aware that the pics in the ad are not of the actual game!
    BEWARE!

seen that last week, would love it just because I like the movie, never played the game, but who'd ever get tired of Arnie sound bytes

Yea supposed to be a good game.
    same layout as lethal weapon 3.
    looks like its a interior design place selling it.

did you know it was the first DMD game ever?

Edit- thats wrong!
    first williams DMD!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Once again I'm revisiting the whole 'do I really need a dinner table?' question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Once again I'm revisiting the whole 'do I really need a dinner table?' question.

Terminator stuff at stake? No, no you don't....:pac:

o1s1n wrote: »

Obviously no, you don't:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sure put a cloth over the pinball machine, get a few high chairs and you're sorted for dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Would be a cool machine....but dat price! :(

I wouldn't be paying 1200 for it but I wouldn't imagine there is offers flying in for it, they haven't gone into too much detail so I'd imagine they are not a collector or anything and are just pricing based on the US market so maybe a low ball offer might get it

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

I was on to him before,its full of faults,flippers,board issues,parts missing etc,and he is sticking to the price,best let it sit and so how far it drops......i will be back....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Not retro but the physical European release of senran kagura 2 will only be available via preorder. Might be one to pick up now in case it gets expensive down the line. Doesn't seem to be an option for postage to Ireland but I've let them know on Twitter so they're investigating.

http://senrankagura2.com/projects/bring-senran-kagura-2-to-europe/

Some ledge is selling a loads of MVS carts on AO.
    He said theres a major discount for boardsies but hes not splitting the lots up ;)

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=30453

Some ledge for Inc the cum spoon ;) If Ya do split down the line wouldn't mind ms x, seem to be shifting alright though... awesome paint skills too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not retro but the physical European release of senran kagura 2 will only be available via preorder. Might be one to pick up now in case it gets expensive down the line. Doesn't seem to be an option for postage to Ireland but I've let them know on Twitter so they're investigating.

http://senrankagura2.com/projects/bring-senran-kagura-2-to-europe/

One handed gaming at its best!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

mikom wrote: »

I think I'd rather the bowl of pasta tbh, once it's confirmed as being gluten free!

edit:
    Wait a minute,
    I don't think that bowl of pasta is a genuine picture of the PS2 game High School Musical 3!
    It is also used for another of his ads for Star Trek Encounters, also on the PS2! click if you dare!
    The scoundrel, using stock food photos to sell PS2 games under false pretences to hungry gamers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I don't think that bowl of pasta is a genuine picture of the PS2 game High School Musical 3!
    It is also used for another of his ads for Star Trek Encounters, also on the PS2!

The seller asked me did I want a bowl of Star Trek pasta and I replied....... "Make it so".

Shooting Love 200X has made it's way to the UK/Ireland digital store for the 360, costing €19.99
    Just picked it up and hopefully it's downloading away.
    Although I normally avoid digital titles it's probably the most cost effective way of owning this collection of Milestone shmups.
    Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Bedroom_Coder

Does anyone know if the shop on Talbot street is still open? GameExchange, i think? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement