Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Them up the road.....

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Its only a job to those boys at the end of the day!, but if any of us were offered 3 or 4 times our wages in a new job in the morn we'd be gone!!!

different for us fans ...we care

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

BERBA wrote: »
    Its only a job to those boys at the end of the day!, but if any of us were offered 3 or 4 times our wages in a new job in the morn we'd be gone!!!

different for us fans ...we care

That's the difference though. 3/4 times our wages is lifechanging for us, but means relatively little for them!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I'll actually miss him if/when he goes. He's an awful sportsman and I can't say I like him but like Ronaldo he's skill will be missed big time from the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ziedth wrote: »
    I'll actually miss him if/when he goes. He's an awful sportsman and I can't say I like him but like Ronaldo he's skill will be missed big time from the league.

agh they won't .....sure won't he be only up the road at city;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

L'prof wrote: »
    He's finally given us a full season and proved to all the doubters out there that he is one of the best (if not the best) strikers in the league. There's a massive chance that he will decide to leave in order to win trophies, but I do think that with the right signings he can be convinced to stay and help us challenge again.

Fair enough, but at 29 I can't see him staying with the lure of an EPL trophy and possible CL trophy and a silly money 3-4 year contract at City to boot. I think he's on 160k/wk at Arsenal so assuming City were to match Rooneys 250/wk, thats 4.6m a year pay rise, mega bucks in anyone's money..

I guess it's a shame for Arsenal that he's only starting to find great form at this stage of his career but at 29 I can see them cashing in if City come knocking.. I'd almost feel sorry for you guys, almost ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

BERBA wrote: »
    we'll see how good ye lot are without him next season.

Ah yes, Arsenal the one man team. RvP is the one man team now, just like Nasri was before him, Cesc before him and Henry before him...
    It's a bit like saying where will Spurs be if Bale, Modric, Ekotto and Adebayor sod off if ye don't get Champions League football? Not much point musing about it until it happens really.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lads, enough is enough, nobody wants the thread closed.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Love looking at this thread from start to finish :D.
    I would love to have a picture of day to day facial expressions of you lot :pac:
    I'd imagine it would be something like this;

:):D:p:):o:( :mad:

Good Banter Redzer.
    I'm hoping we will be like this :D come Saturday night!
    As a BOOTS survey pointed out, Spurs are the most stressful team to follow but we love 'em!
    At the end of the day, it's our rivalry that spices things up.
    Here's hoping with the right players for next year we'll do a 6 pointer on ye and finish above you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

yidweiser wrote: »
    Good Banter Redzer.
    I'm hoping we will be like this :D come Saturday night!
    As a BOOTS survey pointed out, Spurs are the most stressful team to follow but we love 'em!
    At the end of the day, it's our rivalry that spices things up.
    Here's hoping with the right players for next year we'll do a 6 pointer on ye and finish above you :D

Bring it on :P haha.

yidweiser wrote: »

I thought that was us! Lots of soiled pants among the Gooners over those last two league games one would imagine...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

This thread was created as a means of taking pleasure out of the troubles Arsenal were experiencing, and it made finishing third all the more sweet. I get supporting your own, but I really don't see the point in taking pleasure at the woes of others, but whatever, not worth making a big deal over...

I actually really hope Bayern win on Saturday, it wouldn't seem right for the 6th best team in England to win Europe's premier competition. And I'd like to think that the four teams who qualify are the four best teams. And Tottenham finished 4th fair and square. I feel that there should be a play off in instances like this, that if for example Chelsea won it, there should be a preliminary qualifier for the next season whereby Chelsea would play Tottenham over two legs- that way Chelsea still get their chance to defend their title and Tottenham still get a shot at qualifying, and UEFA are kept happy by ensuring no more than four English teams qualify.

Also, and I think we can all agree on this- I really don't want to see John Terry lifting that trophy :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I know this won't go down well in these parts but I have never really had an issue with arsenal. However I can't stand Chelsea and Utd then Liverpool fans who i know traditionally wreck my head.

I honestly think that if was any other team then Chelsea in the final I wouldn't mind as much. Like what was mentioned above Terry is the least likeable player I have seen in the Play so seeing him lift the trophy would almost be as bad as us not qualifying.

Christ I really hope Bayern win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I never commented on this thread, even when Arsenal went through their bad patch I never wrote them off. Rivalry is a good thing, only have one mate who supports the Gooners thankfully.

The gap has definitely closed between both clubs, I’ll be checking the fixture list in earnest for the new season. For me Liverpool top the list, several idiotic mates spouting on year after year. More so down to the supporters than the actual club.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I never commented on this thread, even when Arsenal went through their bad patch I never wrote them off. Rivalry is a good thing, only have one mate who supports the Gooners thankfully.

It's good that we have a proper rivalry IMO. Not being from London I have never really gotten to experience the 'localness' of the NLD rivalry. Now that the teams have become closely matched the games come with much more at stake and a way bigger buzz about them. It's more exciting overall.
    I have a few Spurs supporting mates and now instead of everyone expecting Arsenal to win without too much hassle as has been the case in years gone by, we can meet up at the pub for a proper bit of match banter, with the outcome far from certain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

ziedth wrote: »
    I know this won't go down well in these parts but I have never really had an issue with arsenal. However I can't stand Chelsea and Utd then Liverpool fans who i know traditionally wreck my head.

I honestly think that if was any other team then Chelsea in the final I wouldn't mind as much. Like what was mentioned above Terry is the least likeable player I have seen in the Play so seeing him lift the trophy would almost be as bad as us not qualifying.

Christ I really hope Bayern win.

ashley cole and rio ferdinand for me ahead of jt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

jordainius wrote: »
    This thread was created as a means of taking pleasure out of the troubles Arsenal were experiencing, and it made finishing third all the more sweet. I get supporting your own, but I really don't see the point in taking pleasure at the woes of others, but whatever, not worth making a big deal over...

I actually really hope Bayern win on Saturday, it wouldn't seem right for the 6th best team in England to win Europe's premier competition. And I'd like to think that the four teams who qualify are the four best teams. And Tottenham finished 4th fair and square. I feel that there should be a play off in instances like this, that if for example Chelsea won it, there should be a preliminary qualifier for the next season whereby Chelsea would play Tottenham over two legs- that way Chelsea still get their chance to defend their title and Tottenham still get a shot at qualifying, and UEFA are kept happy by ensuring no more than four English teams qualify.

Also, and I think we can all agree on this- I really don't want to see John Terry lifting that trophy :mad:

nice post and a good idea.

on our form though i dont think we would beat chelsea over two legs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement