Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't see records in Dynamics CRM 2011

• 01-03-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi guys

I have a security role set up with Deep Level (Parent Child Business Unit) access for the Read, Write and Create privileges on the contact entity in Dynamics CRM 2011. The security role is set up at the Root Business Unit and a user has been assigned the role at a child business unit. I am part of another business unit and have a plug in which assigns ownership to a user based on country of residence of the contact. When I create a contact the plug in kicks in and assigns the contact record to the correct user/owner. However, the new owner can only view the contact details in a list but cannot open the contact record….Why is this??? They have parent-child business unit access on read write and create privileges on contact entity???? very baffling!!!

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks
    muchos04

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭28064212

If you create a new contact and manually assign it to the user, can they open it?

Are they showing up as the owner? If you open the contact and click the owner field, does it open up the correct User record?

Who wrote the plugin? Would a workflow not be better/less complex here?

What happens when they try to open the contact?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭muchos04

Hi there,

I seem to be having issues manually assigning a record also. I receive an error each time i try. A contracted company wrote the plug in. I deactivated the plug in and tried manually reassigning a contact but received an error message. I am the systems admin and when the contact is created the correct owner is assigned the contact. I suggested a workflow originally but this is was thought to be a better solution. However, the fact that im having issues manually assigning records is worrying.

When the owner of the record logs in to their account and opens their my contacts view, the record is visible but when you click on it they receive a message which says " You have insufficient privileges to view this record" And this is even though they have Parent BU access on create, read and write privileges for contact entity....odd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭28064212

muchos04 wrote: »
    I deactivated the plug in and tried manually reassigning a contact but received an error message. I am the systems admin and when the contact is created the correct owner is assigned the contact.
    Something not right there. Deactivate the plugin, create a new contact, save it, then try to assign it to someone else. Is this Online or On-premise btw?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭muchos04

It's on premise.

Advertisement