Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All dublin boxing clubs-contacts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 -Fishy-

Hey i was just wondering if anyone knows the contact number for ballybrack boxing club as it aint here...

thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kylergoehle

pinnacle gym off camden st. in d2 does boxing classes tuesday n thursday nights for anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Yeager101

hi,
    I live in near Monkstown and would like to start boxing. Ive gotten out of shape over the last 2 years due to a shoulder injury, but boxing was recommended to me and i think would be great for fitness. I would really like to give it a go.

Im just wondering if I would need to buy any gear before I go down to monkstown like gloves ect, or can I use em there?
    Any help would be be great.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

-Fishy- wrote: »
    Hey i was just wondering if anyone knows the contact number for ballybrack boxing club as it aint here...

thx

Is now called the Borough of Dun Laoghaire boxing club, contact is Paul McNamara 01-2821952

Yeager101 wrote: »
    hi,
    I live in near Monkstown and would like to start boxing. Ive gotten out of shape over the last 2 years due to a shoulder injury, but boxing was recommended to me and i think would be great for fitness. I would really like to give it a go.

Im just wondering if I would need to buy any gear before I go down to monkstown like gloves ect, or can I use em there?
    Any help would be be great.
    :)

You shouldnt go out an buy any new gear until you like it first. The club has boxing gloves etc that can be used but if you are gonna stay it would be in your own interest to purchase your own gear. Try it out for a few nights first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

MBC wrote: »
    Is now called the Borough of Dun Laoghaire boxing club,

WORST NAME EVER!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 danish fighter

Hey everybody in here.

I'm a Danish boxer from Denmark. I am going to Dublin on the 8'th of december on a field trip with my class. I'm going to stay in Dublin for 7 days. My question for U guys is: I have a rather important fight 2 days after i get home, so I would like to know if there is a club nearby where I'm living. We are going to live in a hostel called Avalon House in the center of Dublin. It would be great if I could come and train with you. I'm a Super Heavyweight and way in at 105 kg. I've box about 35 fights.

I hope to hear from some of you sone.

With regards

Nicolai Thoergersen

Hey everybody in here.

I'm a Danish boxer from Denmark. I am going to Dublin on the 8'th of december on a field trip with my class. I'm going to stay in Dublin for 7 days. My question for U guys is: I have a rather important fight 2 days after i get home, so I would like to know if there is a club nearby where I'm living. We are going to live in a hostel called Avalon House in the center of Dublin. It would be great if I could come and train with you. I'm a Super Heavyweight and way in at 105 kg. I've box about 35 fights.

I hope to hear from some of you sone.

With regards

Nicolai Thoergersen

St.saviours is a top class club and is not far from where your staying, there's the contact number with international code
    ST. SAVIOUR'S OBA
    Mr Martin Power

hope this helps

cowzerp wrote: »
    St.saviours is a top class club and is not far from where your staying, there's the contact number with international code
    ST. SAVIOUR'S OBA
    Mr Martin Power

hope this helps

Thank you very much. Do you know if they have a webside. I can't find one on the net

I dont think they do, best thing is to contact the secretary and ask for coaches number, if this does not work out ask for contact number of other city center club coaches, there's a few about..

let us know if it works out for you...

• Advertisement

I dont think they do, best thing is to contact the secretary and ask for coaches number, if this does not work out ask for contact number of other city center club coaches, there's a few about..

let us know if it works out for you...

Thank you very much for your help. Does the secretary have an email that I can contact them on. The reason I hesitate to call, is because I'm not very good at speaking english, so I worry they cant understand me.

Thank you very much for your help. Does the secretary have an email that I can contact them on. The reason I hesitate to call, is because I'm not very good at speaking english, so I worry they cant understand me.

no email, the other thing you could do is show up some evening about 7 and tell them your story, they welcome people to spar up there anyway and would be glad of a heavyweight i'd say..

no email, the other thing you could do is show up some evening about 7 and tell them your story, they welcome people to spar up there anyway and would be glad of a heavyweight i'd say..

Okay I'll just do that. Thank you very much for your help. You've been great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 enright2k8

bernard dunne has a boxing club in blanch anyone interested in joining his boxing club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

enright2k8 wrote: »
    bernard dunne has a boxing club in blanch anyone interested in joining his boxing club

Where?? Whats its name.........must be only new is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 AP75

You will be able to get most contact numbers for all irish clubs if you go the the IABA website. Go to affiliated clubs and then click on the map of Ireland, and you r sucking diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mastermichael20

just wondering of any boxing clubs in ballymun or santry and any further information

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭CelticSpirit

There's two in Ballymun. See the list on page 1 of this thread. the other one's called StPappins. AFAIK it's in the hall beside Pappins Church at Coultry. The other one's in the school (Sacred Heart) beside Shangan.

There's none in Santry. Glasnevin BC isn't far from there though. It's at the end of the hill on Mobhi Rd after Na Fianna. You'll see it tucked in on the right hand side beside the Tolka.

Hope that's of some help. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Wondering if anyone could recommend a boxing club. I'm living in Firhouse but I'm teaching in Tallaght so I'd prefer to avoid the various Tallaght clubs because I'd prefer to avoid training with my students.

I'm 28 and have trained on and off in Monaghan between September 2005 and May 2008 and have been training in various martial arts since 1999 but I've been out due to injury for the last year so I'm pretty rusty at this point.

I also don't really intend to compete as a boxer, so (like a few others who've posted already) I'm mostly looking to do it for fitness and sparring.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 gos27

hi im gos , 15 and im just wondering if there is any boxing clubs in killester ? ive never boxd before but do varius weight training !

• Advertisement

gos27 wrote: »
    hi im gos , 15 and im just wondering if there is any boxing clubs in killester ? ive never boxd before but do varius weight training !

Try either of these pretty sure they are around that area.

BAY CITY
    Patrick Morrissey
    25 Carndonagh Road
    Donaghmede
    Dublin 13
    Tel: 01 8471863

or

TRINITY BOYS
    Willy Bonney
    Trinity Sports and Leisure Club
    Hole in the Wall Rd
    Donaghmede
    Dublin 13
    Tel: 086 2570107

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 gos27

MBC wrote: »
    Try either of these pretty sure they are around that area.

BAY CITY
    Patrick Morrissey
    25 Carndonagh Road
    Donaghmede
    Dublin 13
    Tel: 01 8471863

or

TRINITY BOYS
    Willy Bonney
    Trinity Sports and Leisure Club
    Hole in the Wall Rd
    Donaghmede
    Dublin 13
    Tel: 086 2570107
    thanks, yep there pretty near my area !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 david894

hey im just wondering does any one no were i could get private boxing lessons in the dublin area? im a novice with a fight coming up soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

david894 wrote: »
    hey im just wondering does any one no were i could get private boxing lessons in the dublin area? im a novice with a fight coming up soon

Paul Cowzer from boards offers Private lessons aswell as Phil Sutcliffe in crumlin.

What club are you in do, im sure they would be willing to organise something for you no?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭skateing dragon

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Thats my Grandad's club. They take females for all those interested. If anyone wants more info on his club etc I would gladly help out, my mam is heavily involved aswell. I will have an info website done soon for the club aswell so I will keep everyone posted on it as soon as I get it sorted.

17 year old female. Would be looking to join this summer after the LC. Would they take me? From what I've heard, most clubs only care to train kids who have a career in boxing ahead of em.

Also, I dropped all my sport this year so my fitness is kinda gone. Any hope for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jono,b

any1 know of any clubs that train on saturday? pref south side, but i will travel.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 westwoodgym

thats very helpfull,thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Im looking for boxing in D3 or the city centre, ive done some thai boxing before but not much.

Any reccomendations for a club suitable for beginners?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 UCD Boxing Club

Hi,

Just to let you know that anybody is thinking of coming to UCD this year or is studying in UCD already there is a boxing club in College. Must of our members are complete beginners but we are also very interested in more experienced boxers.

Our website is www.ucd.ie/boxing If you sign up to the website you can have a look at our vids and pics which I will be updating over the next few weeks.

The club is open to current UCD students. Unfortunately we can't take non-UCD members because of insurance reasons.

If you want to contact me, Charlie, my details are on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 UCD Boxing Club

If there are any boxers out there competing a provincial or national/international level you might be interested to learn that UCD offers sports scholarships to UCD Students. You can get all the details if you follow this link http://www.ucd.ie/sport/scholarships.htm. If you are interested just let me know. My name is Charlie and I am over the club in UCD.

www.ucd.ie/boxing

Advertisement