Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rafters Road

• 07-04-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Just loking for some informed opinions on Rafters road.
    Looking at buying a house on the road or close by there. Googled it but most of the forums are dated from 2007 - 2009 and alot has changed, particulary the price.

We have a 4 year old son. But he is signed up to a school in D4, don't think I will be changing the school for him as it's easier for his after school care. So not really concerned abould local schools. Secondary schools is too far out to worry about at the moment. Is the GAA club at Galtymore road nice?

Is rafters road ok? I know there has been incedents in the area. But where I am now has had the same issues, it's a leafy suburb! But it's not something that makes me fear my safety on a daily basis. I have been told that around the Hospital area is nice. Does this include Rafters road. Does Rafters road suffer with much anti social behaviour because it's proximty to the BrickFeild Park?

I really am just looking for informed opinions and fair comments.
    Not really interested in links to the Sun or Star, podcast from Joe Duffy or people whos Freinds ex girlfreind lived there.

For now my budget dictates where I live. Ideally I would like Malibu :) But Drimnagh meets all my requirements. Buses, LUAS, M50 & distance from town.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Cheers,
    Nabber.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

Good counsel gaa are a great crowd...very welcoming to young and old....don't live on rafters but I wouldn't think you'll have any issues...live in Drimnagh ten years and it's a grand spot....don't mind the herald/ Paul Williams... The reality is all good

Hospital area would generally mean the old private part of Drimnagh - wouldn't include rafters....upper end of galtymore, mourne, Cooley, errigal, comer agh, Brandon,mangerton roads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Appreciate the replies Ciaran. The homes on Rafters seem to be privately owned.

Father in law grew up on Rafters Road, his family still live there. It's a mature estate with mostly privately owned houses with a good community spirit. Can't imagine any major issues.

Father in law grew up on Rafters Road, his family still live there. It's a mature estate with mostly privately owned houses with a good community spirit. Can't imagine any major issues.

By private I meant that part of drimnagh is the old corpo area whereas the hospital end was privately built...but yes vast majority of houses all over are privately owned....unless its one of the old cottages on rafters rd - no idea who built them

• Advertisement
Advertisement