Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube vs Trek vs Giant;u decide?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

That Cube is one SWEEEET looking bike. I'm in the anti Trek/Giant corner - nice to have something a bit different.

Spec looks good too although surprised at +2k they are 'only' giving the Fulcrum 5's. Don't get me wrong I am running F5's over 3 years on my bike and despite abuse they are still perfect..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

CUBE ... way nicer and too many of the others around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

cube. hate giants and treks. so boring especially giant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,261 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

CUBE ... way nicer and too many of the others around.

+1 cube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭adodsk

not quite the same model as the Race but the Pro might save a few quid maybe?
    Cube

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 edge500

Cube again . But then again im slightly biased as i have three of them!

There was a thread a few weeks ago on a similar note , everybody was in the Cube camp. Far better spec's and looks great too. There is very few bikes that can get near to Cube for value for money IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭markcroninbsc

id go for the giant, then the trek then if i really really had to the cube, but i think if i had a cube id be training even less than i am already. i've seen a few of them around and they definitly look a whole lot better in the pics online. not a nice lookin bike at all! id try gettin a look at one in the flesh first if i was you as them pictures with the black background does something to make them look better than they really are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Haven't Canyon become the Skoda of the bike world ? You get a lot more equipment for your money than other brands, it would be worth looking into it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

i have last years cube myself,its very much the same as that one only a few small changes.it came with easton wheels.they are a real nice bike,i got mine in the cycle supserstore for 2000 euro in march and im well happy with it.if you are thinking of getting one though the sizing is quite odd with them..like a normal 54 would be a 56 in the cube frame..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Another to consider..........?

€2k should get you a 2011 carbon framed Ridley Orion. Check out my pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Buy a Bianchi.
    Nicer than the rest imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Giant all the way!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

Cube!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Hey-thank you for your replies! Cube bikes do seem to be really good-I will defo go see some bikes & testride before I buy.
    Blaaman- I like the bike- Belgian made-cute dog too!
    Markcronin-thanks for reply- I have seen a fair few cubes & thought they looked nice-saying that I havn't seen this model in the flesh! Treks & Giant seem great bikes but overpriced & seem very 'mainstream'!
    I plan on buying in February/march-when season will begin to turn a bit- in meantime, plan on getting shoes,clothes, bike computer etc...

Thank u!

Advertisement