Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you from Blanchardstown

• 22-08-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Or like myself just a blow in.
    My wife is from the Clonsilla Rd and our two sons have lived in Blanch all their lives,Her father came from Clonsilla and went to school in the old school building up at St Mochta's.
    We meet in the Greyhound and danced in The End, had a ball and just love coming home to Blanch when we are away.
    So are you just a Blow in or are you from the area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

mysons wrote: »
    Or like myself just a blow in.
    My wife is from the Clonsilla Rd and our two sons have lived in Blanch all their lives,Her father came from Clonsilla and went to school in the old school building up at St Mochta's.
    We meet in the Greyhound and danced in The End, had a ball and just love coming home to Blanch when we are away.
    So are you just a Blow in or are you from the area.

I'm a blow-out! I was born and reared in Blanch, went to school in St Francis Xaviers, and later Coolmine Community school; also wasted many hours in the Greyhound and The End! I moved out to Laois about nine years ago, considering a move back to Blanch though - I'm too isolated where I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I live in Mulhuddart, have lived there since 1987 and left for 3 years but moved back in 5 months ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I've been living here the last 14 years, before that I grew up mostly in D11 and as D15 got bigger and people grew up a lot of families moved out this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Blow in. Also from Dublin 11, moved in 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

From Blanchardstown and always lived in the area. Now living on the Clonsilla Road for the last 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Blow out. Lived in near the heart of the village since I was born in 99, then we moved out here to Dunboyne about four years ago, since Blanch really was becoming not a great place to live :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Born and raised 'er! Parents are from Rialto and Kilmainham but myself and my brothers were born in Clonsilla until about 14 years ago when we moved to Blanchardstown :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm very odd then...I'm originally from Cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

28 years and counting. The first year of my life was. In crumlin.

Remember the days when getting the train at Clonsilla you had to physically open the doors yourself!

Remember when the centre site was a patch of green remember getting the 39 bus to town on the opposite side of the road, remember the Ice nite club in mulhuddart remember supervalu in hartstown, remember doyles corner in the village, remember the shopping bus to super crazy prices in finglas! And the early days of the west link toll bridge!

Some things though never change! The bell, superquinn just to name a few.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

Of course i am!

pralaybakshi.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭seventyeight

From Dundalk originally but moved to Clonsilla almost exactly a year ago. My wife's from Castleknock but has been living in here for the last 6 years. We just married two weeks ago and have a baby on the way so he/she'll be from D15. I love the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Born and bred in the area. I'm originally from Clonsilla Close, moved away in 1992 and travelled around a bit, moved back to the area a few years ago.

(The End... now there's a blast from the past :D )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I'm a blow in to the D15 area, here about 18 years. Originally from D5 (which is 1 better than D4).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 EdwardHopper

Blanch born & bred.
    Went to Francis Xaviers when it was just opening which mean it was up near Coolmine Community School for the first year . . . and Mr Bowler was principal I think.
    Remember Happy Blanchies summer camp?
    Thomasj - do you remember when the Bell was known as Davy & Phelans?
    Jeez, How old am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Second generation Blanch my mother grew up on the clonsilla road and my daughter is now third generation!

Blanch born & bred.
    Went to Francis Xaviers when it was just opening which mean it was up near Coolmine Community School for the first year . . . and Mr Bowler was principal I think.
    Jeez, How old am I?

Well EdwardHopper, you're as old as me, I remember Happy Blanchies very well indeed !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

LadyW wrote: »
    Well EdwardHopper, you're as old as me, I remember Happy Blanchies very well indeed !!

I found one of the white and red badges in the house a few years ago. Happy Blanchies was great

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I blew in from Cork at the start of the summer and I'm blowing back out to Cork for the next 9 months, apart from weekends.

Blanch born & bred.
    Jeez, How old am I?

Actually (good memory by the way!) funny enough I was just reminded when I heard someone say they haven't been in Davy & phelans in a while!

Sounds like a good while! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mysons

Does anyone remember when Brady's was Sayers Restaurant and and before that it was the Twin Oaks and before that it was the Castleknock Inn ?
    Do you remember the record shop over the Garden House Chinese or the fact that the Chinese was at first a shop owened by Justin as in Justin's Fruit and Veg.

• Advertisement

I'm only a youngster :o. The oldest memory I have is being in the video shop where Hair To-Day is now in Woodview Grove.

Remember fun factory in the village happy childhood memories!

Yeah that just reminded me of Tuthills in Roselawn and the library above the pub.

Memories :rolleyes:

oblivious wrote: »
    I found one of the white and red badges in the house a few years ago. Happy Blanchies was great

I can't say I remember! Where was it!

mysons wrote: »
    Does anyone remember when Brady's was Sayers Restaurant and and before that it was the Twin Oaks and before that it was the Castleknock Inn ?
    Do you remember the record shop over the Garden House Chinese or the fact that the Chinese was at first a shop owened by Justin as in Justin's Fruit and Veg.

I think that record shop was called Sounds Cool, used to looove going there!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

It's all about The Thatch shop up in Clonsilla lads. Now it's a pharmacy and a Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I've lived in Clonsilla since 1983 but originally I lived in Dublin 7 and then 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mysons

When my wife was growing up on the Clonsilla Rd there was a Farm across from the house at the Clonsilla/Roselawn Rd junction and there was Dan's Deli up in the Roselawn SC.
    There was no Blanch by pass and all the traffic came through the Village.
    The powers that be built a roundabout to go onto the M50 and then knocked it down again so that the M50 could go on towards Finglas/Ballymun areas.
    We walked on the bridge at what use to be the Toll pushing our oldest lad in his buggy before they opened it up to traffic.
    If I can think of more I will post.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

JoePie wrote: »
    It's all about The Thatch shop up in Clonsilla lads. Now it's a pharmacy and a Chinese.

I used to go in all the time after school (Mochtas) to get a jelly bag mix;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

From kildare via clontarf

:D

Advertisement