Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Focus on genetics, photosynthesis, respiration and human reproduction, they give you guaranteed questions.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Namlub wrote: »
    Sitting in English waiting to get my paper back and I was absolutely dreading it because the marking seemed to be really harsh, people were full-on crying because theur grades were so much lower than they were expecting...and I got an A2! Actually could not believe it because people who've been getting better grades than me since 5th year ended up with 50s and 60s. Either the marking scheme was weird or my teacher hates me and my genius is finally being recohnised >_>
    With spelling like that I'm surprised it wasnt recohnised sooner :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The worst part is that said recignised before I edited it. Damn you iPod :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Focus on genetics, photosynthesis, respiration and human reproduction, they give you guaranteed questions.
    Hope that will cover me. Im really stressing out about it :(:(
    I Shouldn't have left studying for it to the last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I've started getting mocks back. History was a C3. No me gusta, but I spent most of it daydreaming because of a hospital appointment that afternoon. Not informing the parents.
    Not gonna be telling my parents about Chemistry either, expecting an NG or if the examiner is feeling generous an F! :P
    Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me how I could pass a HL Biology mock with only tonight to study? :(

Study things that always come up - respiration, photosynthesis, human reproduction, plant reproduction and genetics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Calling roll:
    Emptywithme
    Chucoter
    Lefty
    etc etc

Where are ye? Don't dare ditch this magical thread:mad:

Flabangav wrote: »
    We got ours back today too, apparently they gave us all around a grade above what we should have got :confused:

I got 80% :D expected a D :p

Hey it's FlabbyGav:D Been a while since you dropped in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm still here too :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I think people are starting to take this leaving cert thing seriously. It's taken four hours on youtube to stop myself having a tension headache, not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

*crawls onto chair* blarrggh I'm still here :pac: Been mega busy.

What's craicing kids?

Leftyflip wrote: »
    *crawls onto chair* blarrggh I'm still here :pac: Been mega busy.

What's craicing kids?

The call is working:pac:
    (Sorry fewtins, the LC prescence is strong with you, twas like you never left:p)

Well off to start my 20 sraithphictúirí now, chances of me getting it done in two hours?:pac:
    2 weeks maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Eathrin wrote: »
    twas like you never left:p)

I get that. Ahh well see ya in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Mocks are shíte... Like really shíte...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

If anyone happens to feel less clever reading other people's posts on this, or just from the mocks in general, read my new signature. :)

Albert Einstein wrote it himself for my own personal use on Boards. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Togepi wrote: »
    If anyone happens to feel less clever reading other people's posts on this, or just from the mocks in general, read my new signature. :)

Albert Einstein wrote it himself for my own personal use on Boards. :D
    Totally! Like B1 and A2's in English! D:

I'd looove a B1 in my mock! I love English and would love to get an A in the Leaving, but alas i'm not sure whether it's possible or not! I think I did a good Mock, but then when your looking back your like 'why did I write that :O' tres stupide,

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Sorry guys wrong thread

Totally! Like B1 and A2's in English! D:

I'd looove a B1 in my mock! I love English and would love to get an A in the Leaving, but alas i'm not sure whether it's possible or not! I think I did a good Mock, but then when your looking back your like 'why did I write that :O' tres stupide,

I know like, mental!

Lolz, I quoted Justin Bieber in my English essay... I think I win on cringiness. :cool: The worst part is the essay was meant to be on music. :eek:

I know like, mental!

Lolz, I quoted Justin Bieber in my English essay... I think I win on cringiness. :cool: The worst part is the essay was meant to be on music. :eek:

I wrote about music, don't think I mentioned a single band or hermaphrodite for that matter:p 78 marks was fairly decent considering it was just 3 pages.

Brilliant sig btw

I wrote about music, don't think I mentioned a single band or hermaphrodite for that matter:p 78 marks was fairly decent considering it was just 3 pages.

Brilliant sig btw

Hermaphrodite?? :pac: I quoted a few bands actually. The Beatles got two mentions, so hopefully that cancels out the J-Biebs one...

Not bad! I got 36 in my mock one last year, it was almost 2 pages so I was just glad they marked it accurately. :P Then 88 (my highest ever essay mark) in my Leaving Cert one. :D It was 7 pages. Still no idea how I wrote that much. :eek: Read over it when I was viewing the scripts and could see myself going off the point a little for the last 3 pages, I'd say that cost me. Very emotional reading back over it though, I was laughing one minute then almost crying! (It was on what's important in life.) :)

Oh and thanks, it has to be one of my favourite quotes ever, if not the favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Watched Caca Milis just there, I still find it terrifying at the end :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

This Leaving cert is making me (or giving me an excuse to) eat and eat and eat and eat!!!

I'm skinny on the inside I swear...

• Advertisement

Siobhnk wrote: »
    This Leaving cert is making me (or giving me an excuse to) eat and eat and eat and eat!!!

[SIZE="1"]I'm skinny on the inside I swear...[/SIZE]

I keep eating, ALL the time! Even when I'm full I get cravings for stuff and I just have to eat it. :cool:

I used to have a tiny appetite. :o

I've just spent an hour printing out DARE forms. Oh, FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Hate school don't wanna go :( LC go away!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Hate school don't wanna go :( LC go away!

Only a few more months :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Best of luck to everyone doing Mocks, or (hopefully) getting some results today!! God knows after 27 days I better have some type of English Paper back today or some shítts gonna go down! :D

Good-luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

what companies were yer mocks from and how long did they take to come back? :/

Well the only two i've got back were examcraft, and they both took exactly three weeks!
    Hey it's FlabbyGav:D Been a while since you dropped in:)

I'm still alive! And i still love that name.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Hermaphrodite?? :pac: I quoted a few bands actually. The Beatles got two mentions, so hopefully that cancels out the J-Biebs one...

Not bad! I got 36 in my mock one last year, it was almost 2 pages so I was just glad they marked it accurately. :P Then 88 (my highest ever essay mark) in my Leaving Cert one. :D It was 7 pages. Still no idea how I wrote that much. :eek: Read over it when I was viewing the scripts and could see myself going off the point a little for the last 3 pages, I'd say that cost me. Very emotional reading back over it though, I was laughing one minute then almost crying! (It was on what's important in life.) :)

Oh and thanks, it has to be one of my favourite quotes ever, if not the favourite.

You guys are going to hate me but I wrote barely 3 pages and got 99. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Pfft you're all great with your A's and what not but I can top every single one of your results!

I got... 30% in french listening! :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Got 91% in my short story (not mocks - thats tomorrow :eek:), chuffed :D He said I was using too big words, and in fairness I did but I didnt realize you could go too far :P "You sound like Joyce, and it sounds pretentious" :pac:

Rather than saying "the nice scene had vanished with shocking speed" I said "The idyllic scene had evanesced with intriguing dexterity" and something about a car engine's "dimminuendo". The first one was very OTT but not so much the second I thought :L Anyway tomorrow is when it starts to matter, English 1, wish me luck guys! D:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

M&S* wrote: »
    Pfft you're all great with your A's and what not but I can top every single one of your results!

I got... 30% in french listening! :(
    Don't worry, I'm expecting less than 20% in Chemistry :)
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    Got 91% in my short story (not mocks - thats tomorrow :eek:), chuffed :D He said I was using too big words, and in fairness I did but I didnt realize you could go too far :P "You sound like Joyce, and it sounds pretentious" :pac:

Rather than saying "the nice scene had vanished with shocking speed" I said "The idyllic scene had evanesced with intriguing dexterity" and something about a car engine's "dimminuendo". The first one was very OTT but not so much the second I thought :L Anyway tomorrow is when it starts to matter, English 1, wish me luck guys! D:
    Good luck! :D

Lads, I need new going out shoes. Anyone have any ideas? :) Btw I only have €60, my dad gave me €90 about 2 months ago to get going out shoes but I spent it all on drink, so I had to save :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement