Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Who's the lucky lady;)

My best mate is getting married and I'm best man, so kinda have to go.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    My best mate is getting married and I'm best man, so kinda have to go.. :D
    Ah wow, should be a fun day so:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ah wow, should be a fun day so:)

more like 4 days.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Love The Duke but unfortunately I have a prior engagement. Hide your disappointment stoically :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

kfallon wrote: »
    Hide your disappointment stoically :P

darth-vader-noooo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Who's the lucky lady;)

I jest m'dear:D

i know :)

Morning all, hows everyone?

All had sweet dreams last night I hope.. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Morning all, hows everyone?

All had sweet dreams last night I hope.. :D

i wish

bluewolf wrote: »
    i wish

awwwww.. why not? :P

****in buses!

• Advertisement

****in buses!

What happened to you this morning SUN?

Just on a bus now.you'd think going into work later would mean more buses but no! Worked from home again last night so heading in late.i'm going to be too late now. Left my house at 8.40. :mad:

Just on a bus now.you'd think going into work later would mean more buses but no! Worked from home again last night so heading in late.i'm going to be too late now. Left my house at 8.40. :mad:

ohh yeah I hate travelling by bus.. got so sick of it I went out a bought a vespa a few years ago, one of my better investments.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ohh yeah I hate travelling by bus.. got so sick of it I went out a bought a vespa a few years ago, one of my better investments.. :D
    Public transport is one of those things that has only one positive and that's you'll get to your destination - even then that's if your lucky and you'll either be an hour early or an hour late, haven't died from the stench off the winos or had your ear worn off from the bus psycho - there's always one.

At least in Dublin the Luas runs regularly ye should be grateful for that

PaulieC wrote: »
    At least in Dublin the Luas runs regularly ye should be grateful for that

You would think that wouldnt you, but unfortunately that isnt always the case, I used to live in Templeogue and it could take me 1 hour 40 mins to get into the city centre on a bus. I could walk it in less than an hour. Sometimes you could be waiting an hour for a bus that was supposed to come every 20 mins. :mad:

So its not as reliable as you're led to believe Paulie..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You would think that wouldnt you, but unfortunately that isnt always the case, I used to live in Templeogue and it could take me 1 hour 40 mins to get into the city centre on a bus. I could walk it in less than an hour. Sometimes you could be waiting an hour for a bus that was supposed to come every 20 mins. :mad:

templeogue? sure there's a million buses going from there, takes 20-45 mins

That's the bus though - I was on about the Luas

I get what you mean though - Corks bus service is shocking at times

templeogue? sure there's a million buses going from there, takes 20-45 mins

Not the side I was on, closer to the KCR than the Terenure side, so no bus lanes and only 2 buses serviced that route.

That's the bus though - I was on about the Luas

I get what you mean though - Corks bus service is shocking at times

Ahh gotcha, sorry my bad. :o

If they every get to expanding the Luas to cover other areas of Dublin, it will be excellent as its a very good service, well run and well maintained.

Not the side I was on, closer to the KCR than the Terenure side, so no bus lanes and only 2 buses serviced that route.

ohhh i see, 54a right :D

• Advertisement

Rookie mistake

yup.. thats the one.. such a load of sh*te!!! and if you walked up to the KCR there were a few more but the traffic usually stretched back to there from Christchurch so you may as well have walked!! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Jaysus, everyone having a nightmare on public transport today ey?

My train ticket got stuck in the machine earlier. missed the train because of it.

About luas running on time consistantly... whenever there's delays, they stop the luas until the next scheduled time. T'was a pain in the ass seeing them do that all the time.

Jaysus, everyone having a nightmare on public transport today ey?

My train ticket got stuck in the machine earlier. missed the train because of it.

About luas running on time consistantly... whenever there's delays, they stop the luas until the next scheduled time. T'was a pain in the ass seeing them do that all the time.
    C'mon now Drav - you know well how shíte busses are they slowly but surely kill your soul - says so in Time magazine

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

C'mon now Drav - you know well how shíte busses are they slowly but surely kill your soul - says so in Time magazine

Sorry Paulie but I'm a wee bit bias, my ole man's a bus driver :mad:

Well it's not bus drivers fault tbf - it's the lunatics on the bus :)

I've always wondered though - what do bus drivers do if they really need to go to the toilet in the middle of a route? I've never seen one get off the bus before. If it was me I'd need to stop every second trip on the route

haha, I'd been asked a similar question recently on a new account we're are setting up in the call centre here, but with the way the agents are going to be spread to cover the availablity, there may be times when there is only 1 agent available.

I replied;

"Squeeze tightly, hold on and wait it out."

I've always wondered though - what do bus drivers do if they really need to go to the toilet in the middle of a route? I've never seen one get off the bus before. If it was me I'd need to stop every second trip on the route

Ahh the aul TB* eh Paulie :D

*TB = Tiny Bladder

My ole man's a dustman
    He wears a dustman's hat
    He wears cor-blimey trousers
    And he lives in a council flat

Sorry that just popped into my head when I read that reply!

• Advertisement

I know of one bus driver who stopped outside The Red Parrott in Drumcondra and went in for a pint leaving all the commuters on the bus :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement