Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Foley Ireland Shows

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

add a Waterford date too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://twitter.com/realMickFoley
    BIG news for IRISH fans: a SECOND show has been added for CORK on NOV 3rd! VIP tix include meet n greet, signed 8x10, 1 more item + photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Theres next to no hope of there being a dublin show.
    I like cork, might head down. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone think he is doing something clever? Announce the other shows to get them to sell out and then finally add a dublin date when they have just about/sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Nah I think its pretty much just that he sold out Cork and had the opportunity to add an extra show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

My VIP tickets arrived from Entertainment.ie today for the Cork gig and although the right price is on them it says they are standard?

• http://twitter.com/#!/realMickFoley/status/112814918390120449

:confused:

Maybe hes talking about the WWE show in the O2.

Maybe hes talking about the WWE show in the O2.

He could be.. but he could also just be saying that he will be in dublin visiting the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jippo86

Mick Foley

Comedy - 3 Nov
    at Cyprus Avenue
    He's a former WWE champion, a hardcore legend and a New York Times best-selling author. He's a globetrotting athlete and entertainer that has bled and sweated for hundreds of thousands of fans all across the world. Now Mick Foley has exchanged the world of headlocks, steel chairs and punches for the world of stories, banter and punch-lines. Universally acclaimed as one of the most entertaining talkers in professional wrestling, Mick has decided to unleash his verbal talents on the world of stand-up comedy. With his unique combination of wit and easy-going, understated charm he's sure to enthrall fans old and new from behind the microphone.

Mick made his debut as a stand-up comic in 2009 at the world famous Improv in Los Angeles, California. Since then he's shared his anecdotes and observations with audiences across the length and breadth of America. In November of this year Mick will make his eagerly anticipated European stand-up comedy debut in Cork, something that his Irish fans have been clamouring for the last two years. Always an immensely popular performer, he's sure to be welcomed with open arms.

As a professional wrestler, Mick Foley has a resume that is almost unparalleled in the industry. Since his debut in 1985 Mick has worked alongside and opposite a veritable who's who of the wrestling business; Hulk Hogan, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson are among his contemporaries. Mick's comedic talents were famously showcased during a TV segment with "The Rock" on WWE's Monday Night Raw programme in 1999 that attracted an audience record that stands to this day. The former King Of The Death Match is also revered for his dramatic, shocking and physically gruelling matches. His infamous 1998 "Hell In A Cell" bout with WWE icon The Undertaker is one of the most watched and discussed contests of all time. His ability to shift between light-hearted hilarity and ice-cold intensity has made Mick one of the most fascinating characters in wrestling. This can be seen in Barry Blaustein's feature docum entary, "Beyond The Mat" which features Mick heavily.

Mick's track record outside the ring is impressive enough in its own right. His autobiography, "Have A Nice Day: A Tale Of Blood & Sweatsocks", shot to the top of the New York Times best-seller list upon its release in 1999. Hugely successful and critically acclaimed, it appealed to wrestling-fans and non wrestling-fans alike. His TV credits include shows as diverse as Robot Wars, Boy Meets World and Jon Stewart's Daily Show. Away from the spotlight Mick is an advocate and volunteer for RAINN, the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, devotes time to numerous charitable causes yet still finds time to indulge his passion for theme parks, Halloween and Tori Amos.

With such a wealth of personal experience to draw upon, Mick Foley's first ever Irish stand up tour is sure to be hilarious and captivating in equal measures. Hecklers, however, should think twice in case they find themselves on the receiving end of his trademark mandible claw finishing move.

Mick had this to say about the tour:
    "I am enormously excited and relieved about my upcoming comedy tour. Excited about the prospect of telling stories, hearing laughter and fielding questions from some of my most loyal and dedicated fans. Relieved that I finally have a real answer to the one of the two questions I'm most frequently asked: when are you coming back to Ireland? As far as that other question, about returning to WWE, I guess we'll have to wait and see."

***Extra Show Now Added @ 11pm***

Standard Price €19 inlc. Booking Fee

VIP Price €26.50 incl. Booking Fee (This includes the show + 8x10 signed photo, meet & greet, photo op & signing of 1 additional item

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Smurfvin

Just booked tickets to this. Does not having a VIP ticket mean I won't get to meet Mick? Was looking forward to hanging a personalised picture on the wall for everyone to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

I'll be meeting Mick in between his two shows in Cork and recording a sit down video interview with him, it'll be his third appearance on our show so it's cool to get this one in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Regina2009

Did I read somewhere that Mick will be doing a show in Dublin next year?

Regina2009 wrote: »
    Did I read somewhere that Mick will be doing a show in Dublin next year?
    Thanks to the 100's of messages from my Irish/UK followers. You can check out my dates at realmickfoley.com - announcing 2012 dates soon!

-Micks twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Regina2009

Thanking you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Only got the standard ticket too, any chance of gettin a sock signed ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Anyone who went - how was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I went,he's no comedy pro but he's not bad some good stories,He's got a couple of set piece jokes mixed in with his wrestling stories and seems to react to the crowd and the moment with some of his stuff

Enjoyable night and the meet and greet was nicely casual no mad rush. It went pretty late and his second show which was due to start at 11pm would probably have been closer to 1am starting i'd say

he sang he told jokes and stories and danced and did a few impressions (Vince,Terry Funk) he's a one man show,go see him if you get the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

It was doors @ 11 for the second show, so fitting in the warm up act it was expected that he didnt come on until bout 12.20. Crowd was nicely warmed up at that stage, pretty, pretty, p-r-e-t-t-y entertaining except for the tools that kept shouting up pointless comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 WVLuke

I wasat both shows and I interviewed the guy(for wrestlingvoiceradio.com....shameless plug) before the show. Very enjoyable night the first show was very good, the second show was equally as good from Foley but the people who kept shouting stuff at it did take from it...they were shouting things as he was trying to deliver punchlines ......but overall definitely worth going to see I will have a review up during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

There was some right gob****es at the second show offering drink etc. It didn't take away from a very enjoyable evening though. I thought the warm up guy was great too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just home from Dolan's in Limerick.

Foley is God.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Long time reader first time poster. Was at Foleys show last night in Limerick. Great show, good stories, with Foley to appear on Monday night Raw on the 15th and he hopes to appear again soon after that. He also hinted at a role in talent recruitment, so heres hoping to an exciting tag division in wwe in the future, with him known to be a fan of Motor City Machine Guns and Beer Money.

Long time reader first time poster. Was at Foleys show last night in Limerick. Great show, good stories, with Foley to appear on Monday night Raw on the 15th and he hopes to appear again soon after that. He also hinted at a role in talent recruitment, so heres hoping to an exciting tag division in wwe in the future, with him known to be a fan of Motor City Machine Guns and Beer Money.

Welcome to the forum, wrestlemanic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Source: PW Torch!

Mick Foley has announced a second U.K. (and Ireland - damn PW Torch!) Tour for his personal stand-up comedy show scheduled for February-March 2012. Eight dates are currently scheduled for the "Mick Foley Nights in Red Flannel U.K. Comedy Tour 2012." The list of dates is below from Mick Foley's website.

Feb 24 - London - Leicester Square Theater
    Feb 25 - London -Leicester Square Theater
    Feb 27- Birmingham - The Glee Club
    Feb 28 - Cardiff, Wales - The Glee Club
    Feb 29 - Sheffield -Memorial Hall
    March 1- Liverpool - Olympia
    March 2 - Dublin, Ireland (venue TBD)
    March 3 - Belfast, UK - Empire

My money is on the olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

CMpunked wrote: »
    My money is on the olympia.

Hmmm I think the Olympia is too big. I would say somewhere like The Button Factory.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Hmmm I think the Olympia is too big. I would say somewhere like The Button Factory.

Yeah you could be right. But then it will probably be vicar street, it being a comedy venue and that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CMpunked wrote: »
    Yeah you could be right. But then it will probably be vicar street, it being a comedy venue and that.

Would that still be took big , Vicar St can hold over a 1000 people . Yea id say Button Factory or unless MCD do it then The Academy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭montyrebel

does it really matter where he performs?
    IMO it will still be an awesome night, although I will be seeing him in belfast

Advertisement