Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East Coast Dog and Gun

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mormag

I went to ECD&G and told him my price range and he showed me a nice gun but spent a lot more time showing me a more expensive gun so i decided to buy the cheaper one and called him up to go fill out the papers and when I arrived he was nowhere to be seen. I then went to john lambert where I got a similar gun for almost half the price and great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭lefthooker

mormag wrote: »
    I went to ECD&G and told him my price range and he showed me a nice gun but spent a lot more time showing me a more expensive gun so i decided to buy the cheaper one and called him up to go fill out the papers and when I arrived he was nowhere to be seen. I then went to john lambert where I got a similar gun for almost half the price and great service.

No change there then:rolleyes:, East Coast still brutal service.
    You had a lucky escape, you won't go wrong wit John.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

I don't want to kick anyone when they are down. I dealt with Paul since he was operating out of his own back yard. I bought a fair amount of stuff over the years from him. However I will NEVER buy a thing off him again. The "come here till I tell ya bud" rogue bon homie line will not cut it for me. Would not recommend him to anyone. It is not personal.

Paddy Carley/John Lambert whoever...at least you will get looked after...

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

berettaman wrote: »
    BS will only take you so far. If he told me today was Friday I would check it... Disaster area, stay well clear. It is not personal, he should just not be in business..

Ah come on, get off the fence and say what you *really* think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 philydiver

Have to agree with Berrettaman, had dealings with this guy in the past and never again would I pass his doorstep.

Phoned him regarding a rifle he had for sale and he swore blind that the gun was mint condition and only small amount of shots fired, nipped off early from work to put a deposit on gun but was very disapointed with the "mint condition" gun that was produced. It was obvious that this gun did not have "one careful owner" as I was told during our phone call, there was rust pitting on the barrell and you could see by the bolt that there was more that the "small amount of shots fired".

When I said that the gun was not in the condition described over the phone I was told "what do you want, it's a second hand gun".

So lads the moral of this story is never believe what you are told over the phone.

I drove back up the road somewhat dissapointed, but decided to call into David Moore in DMA Country Sports in Ashford to see what he had on offer, bought a brand new gun for the same price that "our Bud" quoted me. Have dealt with David since then and recomend him highly.

Lads stay well clear of ECD&G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭browning 12 bore

well lads here is another one to add to the list in relation to ecd&g as one lad said he is like MARMITE you like him or not my self now i never bought a gun bit on the deer side also the ammo as well but dont get me wrong if you are stuck he will do his best to get it for you but inrelation to guns he has a very big personality and he i think trys bit on the very hard side push push push too much in my eyes any way, i know him very well as i live not too far away from gorey so that is my opinion any way, i now deal with david moore in ashford lets just say he is main supplier so his products are that little cheaper also who is very good sportsden .ie up near navan i think and they deliver to my front door {saves diesel} .....

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

After i left ECDG one day i called into DMA and to see a rifle he had 'for sale' turns out it wasnt even there and when i asked him further it hadnt been there for a long time!
    He tried selling a brand new gun(not what i was after) and said hed ring me on the Tuesday with a price for the 2nd hand gun i wanted
    He still hasnt rang I wouldnt be travelling down to his place
    When i was there he was talking to a lad who wanted to buy his 1st gun off him and DMA told him all about the guns that his (the customer) neighbour had!!!
    Just goes to show different dealers on different days will not suit everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭browning 12 bore

very true there robert fella should ggive you shout during the pigeon seaon hopefully bit more than the last time there lad and hope you did alright during there season

if you are stuck he will do his best to get it for you

Definitely not!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My experience says that if he doesn't have it on his shelf he has no interest in ordering in something for you. PW was ring a supplier for me to find out whether something was available. All he had to do was say yes or no but in 4 weeks of me calling I never heard from him. The buddy act is no good when a simple phone call is beyond him.
    ECD&G is definitely not for a first time buyer and you need a bit of "shooting nous" to go anywhere near him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Avoid like the Plague.
    He 'helped' handle a recent gun purchase I made. Overall I think he delayed the sale by at least 2 months by not bothering to fill out appropriate paperwork.

He then sent the gun to my RFD wrapped up like a bag of chips:

http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx210/Dan_Delargy/?action=view&current=IMG00055-20120316-1306.jpg

http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx210/Dan_Delargy/?action=view&current=IMG00056-20120316-1308.jpg

• Advertisement

Glensman wrote: »
    Avoid like the Plague.
    He 'helped' handle a recent gun purchase I made. Overall I think he delayed the sale by at least 2 months by not bothering to fill out appropriate paperwork.

He then sent the gun to my RFD wrapped up like a bag of chips:

http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx210/Dan_Delargy/?action=view&current=IMG00055-20120316-1306.jpg

http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx210/Dan_Delargy/?action=view&current=IMG00056-20120316-1308.jpg

He made a right pigs ear of wrapping the goods in pic 4 aswell:D:D:D:D:D
    I'm sure if that arrived at your door all would be forgiven:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

lefthooker wrote: »
    He made a right pigs ear of wrapping the goods in pic 4 aswell:D:D:D:D:D
    I'm sure if that arrived at your door all would be forgiven:pac:

:D:D:D

Advertisement