Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Secret Circle (US Pace) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

How old are Charles and Dawn meant to be? Did Cassies mother have her when she was Cassies age? If so that means that all the adult witches had children when they where still at school? Did they have their powers for a number of years before 'the incident' that led to Cassies mother leaving town?

Or am I reading too much into this and we are meant to assume that all the current Secret Circles members where born when their parents where in their 20's?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,959 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Joe Lando will portray John Blackwell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Watched ep. 10/11 tonight....good stuff, ep. 10 was VERY dark!....i have to say Robertson is impressing me with some of her actings, when she went all "dark" in the coffin.....the look on her face, woah!....she went all Carrie.

She's been in much stronger actress and shown more range then she did on LUX, ep. 11 was good in that twas awesome to see bad girl Faye be....well, bad!, she's a little cracker in the part too.

She's plays the snarky bad girl to a t., loved her using her powers at the dance, she really seems to loathe Cassie though....bit OTT at this stage considering how much of a loose cannon Faye has been since day one.

She's gt more dark magic in her then Cassie!, the show continues to hold my interest, i'd like to see more deaths and go even darker....this witchy stuff has great scope if used properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Joe Lando will portray John Blackwell

Saw this online yesterday and it kind of confused me. Are we to assume Cassie's Dad is alive? Because Lando is nearing the 50 mark, and weren't the parents circle at the time of the fire in their late teens to early 20's?

bb1234567 wrote: »
    oh ye i get you, ye he looks sort of feminine, I thought you were talking more so about him acting feminine.

Sure....he had his leg crossed standing up at the dance!...i mean, come on!....Dekker is hard to buy as the leading man imo, pretty sure he's wearing eye linder! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Sure....he had his leg crossed standing up at the dance!...i mean, come on!....Dekker is hard to buy as the leading man imo, pretty sure he's wearing eye linder! :eek:

He defo looks like he's working the guyliner. And he shapes his eyebrows. I'm with the rest of you on this one, he's not convincing and the girls are so much more interesting.

I really enjoyed Ep 10. Cassie using her dark powahs to blast open the box was an awesome scene and I'm enjoying seeing her portrayed as not so sweetness and light, because there is so much more to her. She's a good person, sure, but it's nice to see them explore the hidden depths of her character and admitting that no matter how nicey nice you are, that power would be oh so attractive to anyone. I mean look at Faye in Ep 11, she's a bit naive in this respect but she constantly gives in to her base urges and desires, and they need her in the show to add that sense of character realism.

IMO, as soon as Adam and Diana broke up the Adam and Cassie pairing lost all appeal. There doesn't seem to be any chemistry there at all at this stage, and Adam comes off as the weedy desperado emo kid, trying to concoct all of these different ways they can be together alone. It wasn't that long ago that he was trying to convince Diana (and obviously himself) that they could/should be together.

The return of Jake will no doubt bring all sorts of confusion for Cassie, but I think realistically she's more likely to go for Jake, who brings something to the table. I think Adam is the safe option, much like Adam's father would have been the safe option for Cassie's mother, and I think the daughter might share the mother's proclivity toward the mysterious/danger factor.

^ thing is....Dekker is a capable actor, he was great on Terminator + others movies i've seen him in, i think he's either miscast or not giving the show his all, just dialing it in. The worst actor/most underused is Diana/Shelley Hennings.....she adds nothing, pretty model type....that's it!

I wanna see her get a proper story and see if she's has any range, let her go all dark and get posessed or something, be a bad girl. Perhaps introduce a second circle, have them battle it out!

The potential is there but they need to get some good story arcs going.

Apparently in the books the circle consists of 12. Not sure if the budget will allow for that many cast members, but I'd definitely love to see it grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

^ thing is....Dekker is a capable actor, he was great on Terminator + others movies i've seen him in, i think he's either miscast or not giving the show his all, just dialing it in. The worst actor/most underused is Diana/Shelley Hennings.....she adds nothing, pretty model type....that's it!

I wanna see her get a proper story and see if she's has any range, let her go all dark and get posessed or something, be a bad girl. Perhaps introduce a second circle, have them battle it out!

The potential is there but they need to get some good story arcs going.

I really like Diana, one of my favourite characters actually.
    In order of favourites- faye
    dianna
    cassie
    other girl(cant remember her name)
    jake
    jakes brother that died
    adam

• Advertisement

I love Lee. The chemistry between him & Faye is insane. Take note Dekker, there is a leading man. Trouble for Faye? Yay! Some of the greatest moments in the show are based around Faye's drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭squonk

this show has improved. I had all but given up on it and was leaving new episodes on the long finger after Christmas but I watched the two new ones last night and was fairly impressed. It's still not compelling stuff but is quite watchable.

Echoing what was said above, I took it that Diana's grandmother was actually her dad's sister or sister in law and, in fairness, her dad doesn't look old enough to be her dad, or her teacher old enough to be her dad's age either. It looks like the kids are actually waiting to spawn later than their parents and grandparents by the looks of it!

squonk wrote: »
    this show has improved. I had all but given up on it and was leaving new episodes on the long finger after Christmas but I watched the two new ones last night and was fairly impressed. It's still not compelling stuff but is quite watchable.

Echoing what was said above, I took it that Diana's grandmother was actually her dad's sister or sister in law and, in fairness, her dad doesn't look old enough to be her dad, or her teacher old enough to be her dad's age either. It looks like the kids are actually waiting to spawn later than their parents and grandparents by the looks of it!

Same I thought the granny was diannas dads sister, I could swear diana called her aunty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭squonk

You're right. I think she did, and I didn't bat an eyelid and then I later found out she was her granny, and thought, Whoh there!!!!

Hardcore stuff = slitting throats :eek: , i was open mouth when Jake's dad got off....pretty gruesome stuff this week, i'll praise one again the excellent and stylish stuntwork/effects.

Terrific slo-mo stunt firework, good flashback eppy and sidestory of Callum and psycho Eva on the way...... overall a very solid offering.

Hardcore stuff = slitting throats :eek: , i was open mouth when Jake's dad got off....pretty gruesome stuff this week, i'll praise one again the excellent and stylish stuntwork/effects.

Terrific slo-mo stunt firework, good flashback eppy and sidestory of Callum and psycho Eva on the way...... overall a very solid offering.

I find every episode of this show to be consistently entertaining and action packed every week, unlike with some other shows where some weeks you feel a bit short changed after some episodes. Each episode has lots of new story arcs,action,drama and no filler, great show, I really dont see much difference between amny of the episodes, theyre all amazing!:)

oh ye one more thing, I started watching a show which Ive heard good things about called Pretty little liars. Excellent show, even better than this,Im hooked on it! And if you like this youll love PLL. I find the shows to be really alike, not the story or anything but the look of the show , and the same sort of dialogues between characters and the characters are very similar.I'd 100% recommend PLL if you like this :)

I find every episode of this show to be consistently entertaining and action packed every week, unlike with some other shows where some weeks you feel a bit short changed after some episodes. Each episode has lots of new story arcs,action,drama and no filler, great show, I really dont see much difference between amny of the episodes, theyre all amazing!:)

oh ye one more thing, I started watching a show which Ive heard good things about called Pretty little liars. Excellent show, even better than this,Im hooked on it! And if you like this youll love PLL. I find the shows to be really alike, not the story or anything but the look of the show , and the same sort of dialogues between characters and the characters are very similar.I'd 100% recommend PLL if you like this :)

Ahh...good old PLL....it's like the milkman, always delivers :p
    If you like PLL and you must see The Lying Game....they are like twins [pun intended condering TLG has twins] ;)

Though i don't think PLL and TSC have anything in common, two very different shows.

Ahh...good old PLL....it's like the milkman, always delivers :p
    If you like PLL and you must see The Lying Game....they are like twins [pun intended condering TLG has twins] ;)

Though i don't think PLL and TSC have anything in common, two very different shows.
    The shows arent very much alike but the characters are, I dont know I just think
    Spencer=Diana...very similar characters
    Aria=Cassie...sort of the leaders similar personalities
    Emily=Melissa...both kind of quiet but with an ascertive slightly darker side.
    Hanna/Faye ..not alike not much in common at all.
    Sean=Adam
    Fayes mom=Hannas mom
    Then you got the parents and the boyfriends and each characters own little home scenarios and story arcs.. all quite alike.
    I think TSC is sort of like a magic-ey version of PLL, Ok theyre not twins but theyre definitely similar in some ways.
    Oh thanks I'll definitely watch the lying game sometime:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Gosh I remember reading these books as a teenager when they first came out! I love them then...will have to go and watch the series now.

mel.b wrote: »
    Gosh I remember reading these books as a teenager when they first came out! I love them then...will have to go and watch the series now.

The circle is six...not twelve ;)

• Advertisement

Another amazing ep. Loved the flashback stuff and I hope we get to see more of the original circle at their finest. John Blackwell is one badass MoFo. I just know he's gonna end up being one of my favourites.
    Any thoughts on who the woman was who could see Cassie. Did they say? Maybe I missed it.

Btw, is it just me or is anyone else totally hating the continuous sidelining of Melissa?

DeWitt wrote: »
    Another amazing ep. Loved the flashback stuff and I hope we get to see more of the original circle at their finest. John Blackwell is one badass MoFo. I just know he's gonna end up being one of my favourites.
    Any thoughts on who the woman was who could see Cassie. Did they say? Maybe I missed it.

Btw, is it just me or is anyone else totally hating the continuous sidelining of Melissa?
    Yep, shes hardly been in the show since her boyfriend died, Which is bad because shes a good characters.

Yep, shes hardly been in the show since her boyfriend died, Which is bad because shes a good characters.

I predict the Nick type culling by seasons end...... :(

Jaxxy wrote: »
    He defo looks like he's working the guyliner. And he shapes his eyebrows. I'm with the rest of you on this one, he's not convincing and the girls are so much more interesting.

Even our good friends over at TWOP have picked up on this! :D

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3202638&st=1020

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I predict the Nick type culling by seasons end...... :(

Oh I hope not. Melissa has just really begun to come into her own a little. Standing up to Faye, getting along well with the other girls, moving on from Nick a little... Bah. I do agree though that Diana isn't being utilised at all. Her role seems to revolve around Adam and his drama, and Cassie and her drama. I hope she starts to get some drama of her own. Maybe then we'll get to see some of her actual character, because so far, I don't think she has any. I wonder what Diana's mother was like, because both her father and his mother are fairly devious and obviously capable of murder.

Regarding the woman who saw Cassie; I assumed that the woman was actually seeing the young Jake. It was his memory after all, and that might explain how he escaped the fire. I also found it interesting that Blackwell dropped that medalliony thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

They need to get rid of Thomas Dekker sharpish. I cant stand his character in the show. He sounds like he is channelling Christian Bale in Batman and he is totally unconvincing as a love interest for Cassie. Speaking of which Jake is a close second in the bad acting stakes. He is attrocious. Lee is the only worthwhile male character. More of him and Faye please. The chemistry between those two is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Very good today! Lots of action indeed. Looks like we will be seeing John Blackwell next week. Cassie can really go dark side when she wants to!

Charles would probably have been better off leaving Dawn dead tho...

Ugh, I swear to God I was crossing my fingers & toes hoping someone would bitch slap Adam's face. This love triangle thing is really starting to grate on me now, and it's even worse because there's zero chemistry between Cassie & Adam. Saying all that though it was another good ep.

How cute was flirty devil's spirit Melissa? Adorable. Finally the writers are giving her something to do.

Lucy was all sorts of awesome. Nice addition to the show, and it's a pity she couldn't stick around for longer. Would have loved to see Dawn get her revenge. They really like slitting throats on this show don't they?

Faye & Jake together again! It won't last, but yay for added tension between Cassie. I want a legit catfight, highheels & brass knuckles ¬_¬

"Daddy" - Wow, that was creepy.

Um, so how many episodes have the CW ordered for the season? I'm presuming 22 :/ Can't wait to see how it all ends epecially if Blackwell is sticking around for the coming weeks.

Some pictures floating around online
    of Cassie meeting Blackwell, and OMFG he looks so handsome. Sully's still got it http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/secret-circle-season-1-episode-15-blackwell-photos/#295162-2-Return

Also, I've been seeing a lot of fan speculation after last night's episode that Melissa might be the 2nd blackwell child. She's always conveniently distracted via Nick grief, and now the devil's spirit to fully explore her dark magic. Then there's the fact that she felt the magic first during the medallion ritual.

• Advertisement

Nudity.... :eek: ....side boob......... :eek::eek:
    I did a frame-by-frame advance just to confirm ;)

Best part was the church scene, dark as hell....but weird subplot with stoned off their face witches snogging random guys, tbh i found ep. 13/14 a little off and weird...not upto the standard of other eps.

Least Blackwell returns next week and coma girl vs. Faye should be fun! ;)

Advertisement