Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

FITTING WIND DEFLECTORS

• 05-07-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭

Has any one fitted these, brought some from micks garage on line, zafira 2008 wind deflectors , followed the on line video ,read instructions.
    the window on both sides rub and struggle to go up (these are the ones thay fit in the window channel, not stuck on outside)
    i left windows for 24hrs as instructed in thw video,but still struggle to go up,
    cant see how these work ,if your going to put a extra bit of plastic and a clips in between the channel and window surely its going to rub ?
    like to hear from any body who has fitted these .
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,198 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

put this in wrong place, should be in motors, sorry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Thread moved to Motors where it should get more responses.

Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The ones that fit in the channel aren't as good as the stick on ones.
    I've had them on the last two cars and the genuine Toyota ones were way better than the shíte Climair ones that fit in the window channel.
    The stick on ones don't affect the window seating and don't scratch the window when grit gets on the plastic.
    Could you stick them on with the proper 3M double sided foam tape?

i think your right ,had my old astra now for 6yrs ,stick on ones on them when i brought it ,still on now.
    could try to stick ,might look odd,as large trim round edge designed to go in channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They wont stick. Try some silicone spray in the rubbers.

• Advertisement

What will this do? loosen the rubbers up?
    what sort of spray?
    thks

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Silicone spray, motor factors would have it, you could use wd40 too I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

I'd be interested in finding out if you get this sorted out. I was about the buy an aftermarket set from Mick Garage for my own car as I can't get original ones.

kevin65 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in finding out if you get this sorted out. I was about the buy an aftermarket set from Mick Garage for my own car as I can't get original ones.

Ive put them back on again, give them another try with some spray on seals, didnt have Silicone spray to hand, so someone said try mr sheen on seals to loosen and make sllippy, done this now will leave for another 24 hrs, they dont seem to fit right up into the grove ,seem to come down one side when you push clips in opposite end. dont think this will cause a problem.
    you only got 7 days to send back if your not happy with them with micks garage.
    shame if i have to send them back, because they look good ,and price not bad E29.
    let you know how i get on, if you do order yours let me no how you get on ,
    thks.

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of maybe fitting them to the outside with some good quality double sided tape rather than inserting into the channel, trimming the outer edge if it is too big. But i'm going to have a good look online again before ordering in the off chance I might get an original set.

• Advertisement

kevin65 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of maybe fitting them to the outside with some good quality double sided tape rather than inserting into the channel, trimming the outer edge if it is too big. But i'm going to have a good look online again before ordering in the off chance I might get an original set.

yes, in hind-site i would have got the ones which stick to the out side, it would eliminate the problems of rubbing.

Received my set of wind deflectors that I ordered from Micks Garage this morning. I tried in vain to find a stick on set for my car, so thought I might as well get the set from Micks Garage.

When I first saw them they looked a bit too wide to fit in the window channel without causing problems. It might be possible to fit with trim tape, but don't think they would look well since they are designed to fit into the window channel.

I fitted one of them into the window channel, held it with one hand and raised up the window. Didn't have any problems, window went fully up. So I then fitted both using the clips provided. Both windows are fine, but to help things I put some silicone spray lubricant into a cloth and wiped the inside of the window channel.

Advertisement