Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter of permission

• 13-07-2008 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Would someone mind posting a sample of a letter of approval? Just trying to get my paper work sorted out so I can apply for my first cert. Been lucky enough that a few people have offered me places to shoot, just a matter of getting them to sign on a dotted line of some description that gives me written permission.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

No real formula for it Mid louth.Somthing like this.

John Bloggs,
    Misery Farm,
    Rathnafeck,
    Co Anywhere,

I John Bloggs of the above address,do give Mr New Shooter,of, Havemore Ave,Shooterville,Co Anywhere.Permission to shoot on my lands of Misery Farm,Rathnafeck,Co Anywhere,of xxx amount of acerage [optional info ]
    Land Folio number.......[proably optional if you are rough shooting,needed if hunting deer]

Signed

Dated

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

I never ask a farmer how many acres he has! It like asking some one how many cows you have or how much money have you in the bank.
    I also write "permission to hunt" as this gives more options.
    AFAIK you must supply a folio number

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

I have a template that I hand in and ask to sign it off. Blank spaces for the number of acres and folio number.

AS long ass you get the signature though the rest of the info is a nice to have as far as I am concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Total land size is an issue for this purpose though Ivan. If the farmer's that worried about it, just say how many acres you have permission to shoot over rather than how many acres the farmer has.

kerryman12 wrote: »
    I have a template that I hand in and ask to sign it off. Blank spaces for the number of acres and folio number.

AS long ass you get the signature though the rest of the info is a nice to have as far as I am concerned.

Intresting one that.I did this for a farmer for a deer hunting let.My local Gardai wouldn't accept it.!Said it had to be hand written by the landowner.Asked why..The good ol "sure thats just the way it is".:(
    Anyone had simmilar?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

I have used a template from day one. But it goes to the ranger not the Garda!

Of course they have to sign and print their name but the rest of the letter is a template.

Ahh! Should have added it was proof for my application for the large cal deer rifle that I had somwhere to hunt.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Ahh! Should have added it was proof for my application for the large cal deer rifle that I had somwhere to hunt.:o

My bro got his like this, typed letter with signatures and dates by hand etc, this given so that deer license is granted.

Deer license then used to get rifle license

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have never been asked for the folio numbers, probably as the local Gardaí know the farmer well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I done something similar with the template thing. Unfortunatly I haven't had any need of folio numbers yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭clivej

Permission to shoot .22 caliber rifles on lands.

Name ______________________________________________________

Address_________________________________________________

Phone ___________________________________________________

Acreage (approximate)______________________________________

I hereby give Clive J__________ permission to shoot his .22 rifles for the control of vermin on my lands at the above address. My lands are used for the farming of cattle and sheep. These lands are away from the public roads and the fields are divided by hedges.

Signed _________________________________

Date______________

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

When I applied for my shotgun licence I needed 2 letters from farmers giving me permission to shoot on their land.
    It was just a hand written letter with their signature and address and a simple ( I so and so give so and so permission to shoot my lands at the above address).Signed so and so
    This probably differs from super to super but my local cop was happy enough with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭clivej

Just a note-- I only required 1 permission from a farmer for the .22, he also sold me a shotgun, but my son required 3 farmers permissions and was given a simple form from the Garda at his station.

Just goes to show that its not written in stone on this one.
    Best just see what your super requires.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Callow Man wrote: »
    Just goes to show that its not written in stone on this one.
    Best just see what your super requires.

When I applied for my shotgun licence a few years back the local gardai did not want evidence of premission from farmers, they wanted to know was I in the local gun club and was I insured with the club aswell. I said yea and produced my membership card and insurance card. No other problems after that.

When I applied for my shotgun licence a few years back the local gardai did not want evidence of premission from farmers, they wanted to know was I in the local gun club and was I insured with the club aswell. I said yea and produced my membership card and insurance card. No other problems after that.

He gave me the option either proof of membership of the local club or 2 letters of permission from farmers. As I know a good few farmers in the area I said it would be the easier option.

Advertisement