Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back and Bad (Really Bad!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Runonewon

SUNDAY 18 DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday 18 December.
    Great evening for a run,went out with a friend who is training for a spring marathon,luckily he was taking easy this evening.Ran 4 miles at 9:28 pace very happy,

Dec 21 -
    Ran 5 miles at 9;11 pace really enjoying running at the moment.

Dec 23 -
    Ran 3.5 miles at 9;16 in the wind and rain,at least it was 12*c...nuts.

Dec 25 -
    3 miles early at 9;19 pace to help ease the guilt of the days excesses.Todays Motto "I Hate Turkey!!!"

Today Dec 26 -
    Ran 5 miles with local running group no idea of pace.Super day for running

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

You are running some great runs there. I am envious of you pace. It's unbelievable your progress, it's fantastic. Any races planned ?? :p

Stupid I phone that was not meant to be :p but this ;)

• Advertisement

Dec 27-
    Did a sneaky 3 miles at 9:56 pace I hadn't planned to run today.I found it tough going but its great to get out.

Dec 29-
    4.5 miles at 9:18 pace.The wind and rain wrecked my attempt to go under 9 mins for the first 2 miles i managed 9:04,9:08 which was still fine,a week or two and I'll get there.Its nearly to start looking around for a 5K somewhere....................... Any Suggestions.I'm starting to get excited already.

Dec 30 -
    5 miles in 46.06.Got out early today and ran 2 laps of a trail near my house,It was freakishly mild,long sleeve t-shirt and shorts weather.The rain has made the underfoot conditions a little ropey,so i was a bit cautious.

Runonewon wrote: »
    Dec 29-
    4.5 miles at 9:18 pace.The wind and rain wrecked my attempt to go under 9 mins for the first 2 miles i managed 9:04,9:08 which was still fine,a week or two and I'll get there.Its nearly to start looking around for a 5K somewhere....................... Any Suggestions.I'm starting to get excited already.

Check out the run Ireland website for a list of races. :) Happy new year runonewon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

You're in the West aren't you? There's the Resolution Run in Renmore tomorrow ;) Too soon?

• Advertisement

Thanks littlebug, tommorrow is a little soon i hope to do something at the end of January/early Feburary,that will mean I've had 12 months recovery from my incident.Happy New Year,I'll see you around the roads in the west over the coming year.

Nules10 wrote: »
    Check out the run Ireland website for a list of races. :) Happy new year runonewon

Thanks Nules I had a look thru it,there,s no shortage of races.Happy New Year to you.

Jan 2 -
    Did 5 miles on trails at 9:16.Good run to start the new year.It's a brute of a day for training glad i got out early.

Jan 3 -
    Did 5.74 miles in a storm this morning at 10:15 pace,i was hoping to do 6.2 but it was too wet and stormy to continue,Really enjoyed the run though and feel confident i can do 10k soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

You're flying! fair play and best of luck in the new year!

5th Jan -
    Finally ran 10k this evening with 2 very patient friends,we ran a steady 9:26 pace,I was feeling the pain with a mile to go but was forcefully encouraged by my buddies who repeatedly questioned my parentage as a source of motivation!!!!!!!!!!.Good Times

5th Jan -
    Finally ran 10k this evening with 2 very patient friends,we ran a steady 9:26 pace,I was feeling the pain with a mile to go but was forcefully encouraged by my buddies who repeatedly questioned my parentage as a source of motivation!!!!!!!!!!.Good Times

nice running there you must be very chuffed with yourself. many more to come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

5th Jan -

WOO HOO!! Fantastic going!!!:D

nice running there you must be very chuffed with yourself. many more to come :)

Thanks Nules its a great feeling to be able to do 10k again,still have a grin on my face,although my calves a paying the price.

Dory Dory wrote: »
    WOO HOO!! Fantastic going!!!:D

I plan to be WOO HOOING for some time!!!!!!!!!!!.Thanks Dory:D

• Advertisement

Jan 7-
    3 miles easy not sure of pace,great day for run,really enjoyed going out today.People everywhere in the park today,new year resolutions still being kept.:o

Jan 7-
    3 miles easy not sure of pace,great day for run,really enjoyed going out today.People everywhere in the park today,new year resolutions still being kept.:o

I was in the park today myself, that is if it is the phoenix park you are talking about. keep an eye on the group meet ups in the main forum if you fancy joining any of the groups for a run. I would be around your pace for some of the long runs, you don't have to do the full session you can join us for a few miles. Keep up the great work. :)

I was in the park today myself, that is if it is the phoenix park you are talking about. keep an eye on the group meet ups in the main forum if you fancy joining any of the groups for a run. I would be around your pace for some of the long runs, you don't have to do the full session you can join us for a few miles. Keep up the great work. :)

I was running in the park in Renvile,Oranmore near Galway.Though i hope to run some of the race seires in the Pheonix Park when i get back racing

Jan 9 -
    3.1 miles as fast as i could in near darkness,i need to get new batteries for my headtorch.Great run not sure of time,hope to have new garmin by the weekend.

12 Jan-
    Ran 4 miles on trails mile 1 - 9:08,
    mile 2 - 8:54,
    mile 3 - 8:48,
    mile 4 - 9:23.
    Good run great to get a couple under 9 mins,its been a while in the offing.:D

Jan 14-
    5.2 miles at 9:05 pace.Got out early this morning,very cold at first.Used my shiny new garmin for the first time its half the size of my last one and it works!!!

Jan 15-
    Ran 3.5 miles at 9:11 pace early this morning.Decided to watch a few of my running buddies run the Tuam AC 8k,this race is fast becoming one of the best road races in the west,only the "streets" Hollymount and Craughwell 10 mile are really in the same league - enjoyed the day

Wed 18 Jan -
    Got out for 4 easy miles - no watch.This must be the best January for training in living memory 10*C while running.

Wed 18 Jan -
    Got out for 4 easy miles - no watch.This must be the best January for training in living memory 10*C while running.

Its great getting out alright and not having to worry about slipping or falling. Some nice paced runs there too well done.

• Advertisement

23 Jan-
    Had a couple of crap days,felt rotten and had a few episodes with my balance,as usual this seems to coincide with a head cold which i've had for the last while.I got out this evening for 3 miles ,9:40 pace for the first 2 and the 3rd at 10:00.Really felt tired just happy to be running.

Advertisement