Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multimedia & Communications Studies

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Omega28

anyone know what the module "Sound" entails when u go into second year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

What do you see yourself going on to do after College Columk if I may ask? Would job prospects outta this Course all be kinda generalized?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

disregard.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

What do you see yourself going on to do after College Columk if I may ask? Would job prospects outta this Course all be kinda generalized?

I'm in final year too.
    What you do coming out is reaally varied. I'd tell most people I don't think you can just float through the course and land a job without any hassle. You have to know what you want to do, what your good at and try to focus on it. Lots of people look into starting their own business, or take internships, do freelance jobs or go into further education. Mostly you have to build up your own portfolio and do what you can while in college.

The things people do could be anything from Photography, Web development, graphic design, Video production, visual effects, User Interface, sound engineering etc. but no one will come out of the course able to do all those things. Its a great taster course but your specialty is up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Noodleworm wrote: »
    I'm in final year too.
    What you do coming out is reaally varied. I'd tell most people I don't think you can just float through the course and land a job without any hassle. You have to know what you want to do, what your good at and try to focus on it. Lots of people look into starting their own business, or take internships, do freelance jobs or go into further education. Mostly you have to build up your own portfolio and do what you can while in college.

The things people do could be anything from Photography, Web development, graphic design, Video production, visual effects, User Interface, sound engineering etc. but no one will come out of the course able to do all those things. Its a great taster course but your specialty is up to you.

As a second year, I echo this. If you are interested, and have the time, you can request to attend lectures that aren't in your speciality. Often the lecturer will allow you.

Also, if you are interested in doing audio, take part in DCUfm activities in a HUGE way. If you are interested in video, the same goes for DCUtv. For photography, try PhotoSoc. Each of these societies and activities will help build your portfolio.

In the type of jobs you might get after this course, the degree doesn't really matter. You are working towards a large and diverse portfolio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

I got accepted To multimedia. I've asked a few questions before about the course but now I've been accepted I want to know some serious information; How many bars are there and what are their operating hours?

Advertisement