Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Battlestar23

Hi i was hoping somebody could help me i want to know if any store in Ireland is doing the N7 warfare pack or is it a Game.co.uk Exclusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hi i was hoping somebody could help me i want to know if any store in Ireland is doing the N7 warfare pack or is it a Game.co.uk Exclusive?

From the EA site it seems so, you get all the pre-order stuff when buying off EAs origin but that's PC only and i think it €49 for the standard with the CE being pointless and €20 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Not bad for a 3rd person shooter. Played a bit of multiplayer, seemed easy enough, although the maps seemed very small, and what's with only a 4 person squad? Played the single-player a bit, and the cut-scenes were a tad bit too long :| but meh; the storyline was predictable
    hit the kid with the laser... wait... wait... and BOOM: right through the shuttle. Nothing to get the fake emotions going like fried kid :P
    but I've seen worse (Duke's storyline was better).

Does it get better, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I'm vomiting rainbows here...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

What are we meant to be taking back? seems earths already got its **** ruined and most the populations been turned into husks or i guess liquefied to be new reapers not a huge motivation

TAKE BACK EARTH! well the quarter mile of it not currently utterly ruined a

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Why oh why does Ashley look NOTHING like she did in ME1 or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man, epic trailer!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm pretty sure that's not a regulation haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's not a regulation haircut.

I think they trying to make her look as good as Miranda, by making her look exactly slightly like Miranda.

Judging by this pre-release buzz with has practically no Miranda in it, I thought she was a great character, will be disappoint if she has been reduced to a cameo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

did you actually think she was a great character or did you think she had a great ass?

• Advertisement

Can't it be both?, and don't forget that rack either!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I think they trying to make her look as good as Miranda, by making her look exactly slightly like Miranda.

Judging by this pre-release buzz with has practically no Miranda in it, I thought she was a great character, will be disappoint if she has been reduced to a cameo.

i'm hoping Miranda has a big part to play in it - but possibly not as a playable (usable) character. If Cerberus is against Shephard again, it would make sense for her to be caught in the middle, as part of the story.

i'm hoping Miranda has a big part to play in it....

Lets hope so....

They seem to be going back to the ME1 squad with this game, leaving out the ME2 gang.

I remember when I started ME2, I just wanted my old squad back. So it was great to finally meet Garrus when playing ME2 then.

I will definitely be leaving Freddy Prince Jnr on the bench anyways in ME3.

ya freeze, the Archangel dossier was a great mission but when you finally make it to him and find out it was Garrus, it was just brilliant.

Anyone else think Billy the Serial Killer is gonna make an appearance in ME 3? Really hope there is a side mission based around him.

• Was that Ashley? I thought it was Miranda.

Was that Ashley? I thought it was Miranda.

When Ashley made her brief appearance in the Demo, I was there, Oh new female character, no its Miranda, no its Ashley, no its Mir.................oh it is Ashley, serious makeover since 2.

• I hope the Rachni make an appearance in Mass Effect 3 - possibly coming to your aid against the Reapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I hope the Rachni make an appearance in Mass Effect 3 - possibly coming to your aid against the Reapers.
    If you kept them alive in Mass Effect 1 I don't see why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Battlestar23

Varik wrote: »
    From the EA site it seems so, you get all the pre-order stuff when buying off EAs origin but that's PC only and i think it €49 for the standard with the CE being pointless and €20 more.
    Thanks for the reply i should of said that in my post that i am looking for the Ps3 version of the Collector's Edition with the N7 Warfare Pack :o sorry.

I've sent off a E-mail to Gamestop.ie asking about the Warfare Pack hopefully they'll get back to me soon.:)

I'd like to order it from Game.co.uk but I've had some problems with my last order from them that's made me a bit hesitant ordering from them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

whats the story with the origin(pc) europe release date? is it actually the 6th for digi versions or is it the 9th with everyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The demo was ridiclously short, but enjoyable.

The recoil ont he pistol is painful though, rather than being realistic, it just gave me a headache.

The way a couple of the characters ran in the demo was also ridiculous and was more reminiscent of Superman 64 type graphics/mechanics than Mass Effect.

The multiplayer is basically killing waves of enemies, which isn't the type of co-op I'd have liked personally. I won't worry too much about the multiplayer anyway.

Skyrim has me entertained for the moment so pending a few reviews I'll wait to buy ME3.

Full length trailer, even more epic!

Quite a bit of ME news, looks like bioware/ea is trying to squeeze every peeny outta the franchise!

===================================================

Get N7 armour for your console

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-accessories/calibur-11-mass-effect-3-vault

===================================================

Buy ME clothes and accessories for xbox avatars

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Mass-Effect-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541095d?nosplash=1&DownloadType=AvatarItem#LiveZone

====================================================

Preorder a digital copy on PSN and get extra content and a theme

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/21/mass-effect-3-available-for-psn-pre-order-today-with-exclusive-bonuses/

=====================================================

DLC pops up early on market place, presumably by accident and can contain spoilers so not checking it for more info:

http://kotaku.com/5887092/xbox-marketplace-accidentally-reveals-mass-effect-3-dlc?utm_campaign=socialflow_kotaku_facebook&utm_source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Prototype for ME figures. I want Garrus!

404774_10150570089676645_85811091644_9109686_916002091_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

So how much is the Collecter's Edition?

It was originally €80 but it's listed as €85 on Gamestops website. How much is it instore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

sheehy83 wrote: »

Prototype for ME figures. I want Garrus!

And I wan't this as a haloween costume. Coolest cosplay ever !

http://kotaku.com/5652876/this-is-not-a-mass-effect-2-screenshot-its-something-better/gallery/1

e6ca0bc90b51dcc0dd524fccf81d884c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Great :rolleyes: more day one DLC BS. This is an entertainment medium NOT a product like a car for example,Bioware if your looking for good reviews and not seem like stingy money grabbing A-holes your cant expect to release a "base model" version of your game. You wouldnt get away with this **** with movies, could you imagine cutting out 20 mins of a movie and asking people to pay more for the full version in the cinema? You'd never get the idea off the bleeding ground. In movies I understand we will see parts cut from the cinema release for pacing and content purposes but at best then what does this say for the content that was developed yet cut? That its sub par and wasnt worthy of the final product.... and thats portraying the developers / publishers in the best light possible. We all know that they wouldnt cut this content for pacing purposes if that was the case they wouldnt have spent the man hours making the content in the first place.

I can understand DLC released a few months after release as a means of revenue generation and adding to an experience but day 1 DLC basically says we had enough staff and resources to complete this and have it in the game as part of an overall richer experience but we decided to cut it out and sell it separately in order to grab more cash. You cant justify day one DLC as content that woudnt have made a release deadline.... it is quite plainly a means to remove non essential content from a game in order to cut down the experience to make more money.

I love racing games but I simply refused to buy Forza for pulling this BS and I am seriously considering bypassing ME3 because of this. The whole thing reeks of cash grab. Politely Bioware and EA.... go fist yourselves, go fist yourselves all the way up to the elbow.

I really hope companies like Nintendo , MS and Sony man up someday and enforce a min period time frame on DLC for games released on their platforms. For example DLC can only be released a month after a games launch. Its in their own best interest as people getting a game on their platform can then be assured that the content wasnt cut in anyway in order to rake more cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Bioware can make Day 1 dlc but can't put controller support into the PC Version due to time. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Don't like day 1 DLCs? Wait for the GOTY edition. You don't HAVE to play a game on release day and it is all the people buying it on day 1 that drives the day 1 DLC attitude as well (have to recover maximum profit in first month).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mass Effect 2 just arrived so I can reply it. Bad news is that the Cerberus network code has expired, which is a bit of a joke. No reason why those codes should expire, especially if the content is still on the marketplace.

Advertisement