Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'd love to see that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

For months, EastEnders newcomer Neil McDermott has been named only as 'man' on the credits but his identity has now finally been revealed.

Ladies and gentlemen - as most of the online community have already guessed, Ryan is indeed Whitney's half-brother.

Until now, Whitney - played by Shona McGarty - has believed her male follower to be her knight in shining armour.

We saw Ryan fend off Whitney's potential love interest Todd Taylor (Ashley Kumar) back in February and then at the beginning of last month, he rugby tackled Nick Cotton (John Altman) to the ground before the café exploded.

However, in a fortnight's time, Whtiney's handsome stranger reveals his true identity to his half-sister.

So what do we know about Ryan? Well, he's nine years older than Whitney and they both have the same mother in Debra Dean (Ruth Gemmell). Surprisingly for soap, Ryan has "something of a dark past" and when Whitney starts asking questions about his life, Ryan immediately clams up. He's a closed, moody character and quick-witted kind of a guy, but certainly won't back away from potential trouble.

Ryan has an eye for the ladies, too. Anyone in particular, I hear you cry? Well, Ronnie Mitchell's (Samantha Womack) on the top of his proverbial 'to do' list...

A thief by nature, Ryan apparently doesn't stay in the same place for too long. So will he be hanging around for a while in Walford? He's certainly there for something - and if it's not his sister, then what?

Speaking of his role, McDermott said: "I was really excited when I joined EastEnders and it's great that the viewers will finally learn who Ryan is and what he's all about."

Executive producer Diederick Santer added: "Neil is a charismatic young actor playing an intriguing and complex character. While incognito, he made a big impression on EastEnders viewers. Now they know who he actually is, I'm sure things will get even more exciting."

Weddings never go to plan on Albert Square and it seems that funerals are no different.

Events take a dramatic turn in Walford when Stacey Branning causes a scene at Trina Johnson's burial.

After the coffin is lowered into the ground Stacey (Lacey Turner) turns up ranting and raving.

Wearing a tiny miniskirt, she proceeds to accuse everyone all of burying Lucas's wife alive.

The situation is only made worse when Denise tries to calm her down and the pair end up fighting.

Stacey then jumps into the grave on top of the coffin screaming and shouting: 'You've buried her and she's still alive'.

She frantically claws at the coffin before clambering out of the grave and running away.

Trina Johnson was the estranged wife of Lucas Johnson and a drug addict who was so addicted to heroin her son was born addicted to the drug too.

She turned up on Albert Square earlier this year to try and disrupt Lucas' planned marriage to Denise.

The storyline is the latest twist in Stacey's fight with bipolar, which causes her to act erratically.

Stacey has been on a downward spiral in recent months since the death of her best friend Danielle Jones (Lauren Crace) and her brother Sean (Robert Kazinsky) going missing in January after discovering his wife Roxy Mitchell's (Rita Simons) baby Amy wasn't his child.

Lacey, who plays Stacey, says of the bipolar storyline: 'I think its great that EastEnders is continuing to raise awareness of this difficult issue.

'With the research that EastEnders has done with these charities, I hope that I can do justice to this challenging storyline.'

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Pretty sad if you think that's worth LOL-ing over, tbh.

Pretty sad if you think that's worth LOL-ing over, tbh.

LOL

• Advertisement

EastEnders' Ronnie Mitchell is to get a blast from the past when her first love Joel Reynolds turns up in Albert Square.

Star of BBC Three's Pulling, Cavan Clerkin will take on the role of Ronnie's (Samantha Womack) old flame and father to her now-dead daughter Danielle Jones (Lauren Crace).

As the only remaining link to Danielle, Ronnie's previously toyed with the idea of meeting up with him and even attended a school reunion with Christian (John Partridge) in the hope that he would be there.

When he failed to show, she subsequently turned up on his doorstep wishing to talk through their past. However, as one of his daughters answered the door, Ronnie bolted from the scene.

With Janine (Charlie Brooks) and Archie (Larry Lamb) scheming behind Ronnie's back in a bid to manipulate her back into the family fold, she's dumbfounded when she finds Joel sat before her in The Vic.

Archie's livid by Janine's interference, while Ronnie's somewhat taken by his reappearance in her life. Will they manage to pick up where they left off all those years ago?

Speaking of his new role, Clerkin said: "It's fantastic being on set in Albert Square, it's such an iconic place and I'm really enjoying working with the wonderful cast, especially Samantha Womack. Joel is a nice guy who fantasises about a future with an amazingly beautiful woman, so that's something a lot of men may relate too!"

Executive producer Diederick Santer commented: "We first heard about Joel - Ronnie's childhood sweetheart and the father of Danielle - nearly two years ago. And finally we get to see him."

He added: "Cavan Clerkin is a delightful and subtle actor with a big funny bone. He's grabbed this enigmatic and rather odd character and made it his own."

Clerkin makes his screen debut as Joel on Thursday, August 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

So glad to see Joel join EE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

More babies on the square; this time its
    Zainab Masood
    whos pregnant

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a169745/another-shock-pregnancy-for-eastenders.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Ronnie
    is supposed to be pregnant too.

Garry Hobbs delivers a knockout blow to his love rival Phil Mitchell when he discovers he’s been bedding his bride Dawn Swann.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; }

Doting mechanic Garry is on his way to marry the love of his life when realises his wife-to-be and hardman Phil have been carrying on behind his back.

In classic Walford style, nothing goes according to plan when Garry and his ushers drive out of the Square on their way to the wedding ceremony.

And given an ultimatum by ­unlucky-in-love Garry, harlot Dawn leaves him in no doubt about where her true affections lie – leading to him punching Phil to the ground. Our Albert Square insider said: “Garry is on his way to the wedding when his ‘cool’ act finally fails.

“He yells for Phil to stop the car, gets out and runs over to Dawn who is getting into her car in her wedding gown.

“She’s really shocked to see him and tries her best to hide herself so Garry doesn’t see the dress and spoil the big day. It’s then that ­Garry looks her sternly in the eye and asks her ­directly, ‘Do you love me?’

“Very tellingly, a gobsmacked Dawn stares back at him, unable to answer.”

When Dawn turns to look at Phil it’s all the evidence that Garry needs of her betrayal.

Distraught, he ­utters the words: “And there you have it.”

But he doesn’t leave it there.

He turns to Phil and throws a punch that leaves him flat out on the ground.

The dramatic wedding episode will be screened on Tuesday August 25.

• Advertisement

Dawn Miller leaves this week - thank god - i always hated the character

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Good, I'm glad never liked her. That must mean the weddings this week, I hope Garry isn't too heart broken.

I have zero interest in this Dawn/Gary/Phil storyline. She never wanted to leave anyway, she was basically sacked.

Dawn's affair with Phil was her punishment storyline for leaking Danielle's death storyline on facebook

JP Liz wrote: »
    Dawn's affair with Phil was her punishment storyline for leaking Danielle's death storyline on facebook

In interviews recently, she is basically begging to go back to Eastenders :pac:

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/tointon-keen-for-return-to-eastenders-423308.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

angel01 wrote: »
    In interviews recently, she is basically begging to go back to Eastenders :pac:

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/tointon-keen-for-return-to-eastenders-423308.html

Good riddens, always hated the character, I kinda liked Gary until he started his Dawn obsession, they ruined his character turned him into a right spinless git.

Good riddens, always hated the character, I kinda liked Gary until he started his Dawn obsession, they ruined his character turned him into a right spinless git.

I agree. Shirley was brilliant to Dawn tonight

I agree. Shirley was brilliant to Dawn tonight

Yea I love Shirley, shes a bit if a bi^ch but always entertaining :)

Yea I love Shirley, shes a bit if a bi^ch but always entertaining :)

Shirley & Heather are my favourite pairing. They work so well together. I also like Manda. I just want this storyline over with as it is so yawnville.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Was that Nicky Whelan (Pepper from Neighbours) in Eastenders tonight as the stag party stripper?

• Advertisement

duridian wrote: »
    Was that Nicky Whelan (Pepper from Neighbours) in Eastenders tonight as the stag party stripper?

I don't think it was no. I thought it was stupid when Garry and Minty came out of the pub, it was bright sunshine, surely a stag night is at night....:rolleyes:

I don't think it was no. I thought it was stupid when Garry and Minty came out of the pub, it was bright sunshine, surely a stag night is at night....:rolleyes:

lol mine will be starting at 5pm :D

lol mine will be starting at 5pm :D

Yeah starting then.. his looked finished by 5.. sometimes EE can be so unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Shirley & Heather are my favourite pairing. They work so well together. I also like Manda. I just want this storyline over with as it is so yawnville.

Shirley on the phone to Manda's landlord was hilarious!

foxy06 wrote: »
    Shirley on the phone to Manda's landlord was hilarious!

It was brilliant "hello mrs opoeynopey" or whatever his name was, twas gas! Love Shirley:D

Have I missed an episode?? When did Minty actually tell Garry about Dawn and Phil? :confused::confused:

Have I missed an episode?? When did Minty actually tell Garry about Dawn and Phil? :confused::confused:

At the end of Monday's episode kinda implied Minty was telling Garry

JP Liz wrote: »
    At the end of Monday's episode kinda implied Minty was telling Garry

I would have liked to see it, seems to be they are doing too much "offscreen" e.g. the buildup of Dawn & Phil etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I would have liked to see it, seems to be they are doing too much "offscreen" e.g. the buildup of Dawn & Phil etc

Agreed. Too much happening off screen lately

• Advertisement

foxy06 wrote: »
    Agreed. Too much happening off screen lately

Yea I was all set yesterday couldnt wait to see Gary finally finding out and then boom hes just there crying:rolleyes:

Like the Phil Dawn was kind of a big story but hating that lately half of EE is filmed in that bloody indian warehouse place. Really not digging it.

1st of all the whole Danielle, ronnie roxy jack thing was dragged out to the point that it was more interesting to watch paint dry and now all the off screen stuff. EE getting very boring latley.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement