Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New store @ 16b Fade st. opening in October!!

• 08-09-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey, I posted this on another thread but rather than go to all of them I thought I'd make my own. Here's what I posted:
    What's up?

I currently have a record shop in Georges St. Arcade called Trout Records. I am expanding in October and one of the things I will be offering are games. Some of you might remember me as I posted here a few months ago after shopping at Talbot St. and realized that the dude wanted €17 for Sabrina the Teenage Witch for PS1. Anyway, I've been stockpiling boxed consoles and games for most mainstream post-Atari systems.

The location is the shop at 16b Fade St. (formerly Road Records). In addition to the games I will be selling turntables & separates, records, Cd's and music from local bands, art, tshirts and possibly books.

The basement floor is quite large and will provide people with the opportunity to try out any console or game that they may be interested in. I'm really in to the idea of having mini instore tournaments as well. Anyway, it's all going ahead and aimed for October 14th. If you're in Dublin 2 you'll probably see advertisements going up in the next couple weeks.

If you guys have any input or ideas that you'd like to see in a retro shop let me know and I'll see what I can do.

One thing I can guarantee is that it'll be a nice place to come in to and the prices are going to be very reasonable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Fair play and best of luck.
    Looking forward to dropping in.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Swwweeeet. Good luck to you;),I'll definitely pop in the next time I'm up in Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Just as I was beginning to save money....a retro game store opens.

Good luck man, looking forward to checking it out!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'll definitely be checking it out.

Best of luck with it all!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement