Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

"A man's gotta have a code!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

"A man's gotta have a code!" :pac:

And I can only assume there's a female equivalent to that... a... codette or something. :pac:

Episode 17 was fantastic. Too many fantastic one-liners and spoilers to fit in but the class/courtroom bits were an excellent bit of television. I wondered if they were going to veer towards an 'A Few Good Men'-parody but I was surprised how tight the focus was on Law & Order. I thought it worked so well - especially with the involvement of the secondary characters a bit more.

I also thought it was going to end up with Alex being the root of all the trouble - I was not expecting that twist.

I suppose, as Annie said, always have an exit strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

I loved that they got Lesie Hendrix (the ME from the original Law & Order) to reprise her role.

Finally Community is back to what it does best. Absolutely loved the scene with Britta at the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The past few episodes have just been fantastic. Everybody's on top form!

The Britta scene was brilliant, especially the way it cut her out at the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The Law & Order episode was just amazing. 10/10.

Annie was amazing and her celebratory dance was hilarious.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That episode was brilliant. Love this show. Far too many funny bits to mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

The twist was ruined for me on twitter earlier today. Still a great episode though.

Pierce: "da-doing!"

It was quite funny that the producers somewhat built up someone dying, making it a slightly big deal and then it was a bit anti-climatic. Thought that was brilliantly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Chang has been been criminally underused since the hiatus but at least there has been plenty of the best character, troy troy the wonder boy. I loved when starburns saw them at his locker and had about three back packs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

A fantastic episode. Though one thing about Todd, he keeps reminding me of the villain from Dirty Harry for some reason. :D

I'm off to sleep folks.
    Sweet Deans, everyone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I loved when they burst into the Dean's office and he was just there, hula-hooping.

It's the little touches like that that make Community great.

RIP Pam, the yam.

Does anyone else think Todd is the spits of Will Ferrell?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Very enjoyable episode. Had to laugh at the exit strategy line and the description of a holocaust denying, 9/11 paedophile . Also Britta's scene was sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Sony TV on sky are showing season 2 at 10.30 on Tuesday's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Love community so much :D but why does rte never show good programmes likr this and were stuck with programess like the big bang theory or tv3 with glee :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM7s_A-UVKY

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There wasnt a single minute of that episode that wasn't perfect, Troy and Abed are genius.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Perfect pastiche/tribute to "Law & Order". Not just the credits and the "boing boing" noise, but the whole way it was shot and the story unfolded. The camera work was reminiscent of the show as were their dealings with the incidental characters.
    Even receiving the phone call at the end about Starburns, was in keeping with the tone of the show (where typically the recently convicted had died in prison).

Highlight was Britta's role as the tech expert - and just applying filters to the photos :D The way Annie and Jeff just walked off when she offered her help in profiling too was hilarious.

Oh and I did laugh aloud the moment I saw Leslie Hendrix appear on screen. Great nod! (She's appeared in over 250 episodes across the "Law & Order" franchise).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Fantastic episode... Loved every minute of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I'm inclined to agree with the man in uniform

Shocker

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Law & Order episode was awesome. WALK IT OFF!!

Look what I found:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Poor Starburns...

His name is Robert Paulson, Alex Osbourne.

There's so many webisodes that I wasn't aware of until today's procrastination!

Also Chang calling the girl Susan B Asiany, I swear I laughed for about 1o minutes at that. Dat feminism <3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

pixelburp wrote: »
    Excellent episode and very funny. At the end though, part of me wanted to see how all those events actually transpired in 'reality', with Abed jumping about playing the various characters.

I'd agree with this. One of the best episodes of the series was the dungeons and dragons episode where they never stooped to showing what they were imagining.

I know that wouldnt work for the whole episode but it might have been nice for a chunk of it to do something similar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It won the EOnline! poll.....at this stage though i think season 4 is a sure thing:

http://uk.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/save_one_show_we_have_winner/312731

2.Body of Proof 32.7%
    3.Ringer 21.2%
    4. Nikita 8.6%
    5. Cougar Town 1.1%

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Would be more surprised if it didn't get a season 4 tbh. The last few episodes have been great stuff altogether and the Law & Order stuff was just sublime. Lots of very funny moments & even from the few episodes I've seen of Law & Order, this episode got the spoofing just right: affectionate mocking (I think) without being mean

"He's been having trouble ever since we switched" :D

90 Minute Community Finale! - Huffington Post

Technically it's 3 separate episodes, but still :) Can't wait!!

Although it does mean there's only 3 weeks left until the show's finished... Hopefully only finished for the summer though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"I was gonna be the first one in my family to graduate from community college... Everyone else graduated from normal college..."

Troy is the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Come on I'm Dean and my hands are so clean.

Classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"C'mon Jeffrey.. this is a funeral.. let's keep it light!"

Love Dean! :D

Advertisement