Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out tv3

• 09-12-2010 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,505 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what the lads here think of the women on TV3 take me out,the show is terribley corny, just wondering whats everyones take on the girls,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Lots of snotty ugly people on there, bitches, most of them.
    It don't say much for Irish Ladies who are lots better than this show portrays them

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Shinyboots75

Just wondering what the lads here think of the women on TV3 take me out,the show is terribley corny, just wondering whats everyones take on the girls,

some are ok.....;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Spent a few minutes watching it over the weekend, lad on it seemed like a fairly sound bloke, a fair few of the women buzzed him out when he said he was from Tallaght...

bleeding pathetic that this kind of idea is being promoted in the TV show...

I saw it and thought to meself, "These women are barely letting this bloke say hi, no wonder why some of'em have been on the show a couple of times waiting for their man"

They were regretting it when he came on with his fireman outfit :cool:

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fox McCloud

I think alot of the women on it are looking to get on TV rather than actually get a date. I think if they had different girls on every week then you'd see very few lights off!

I personally dont like the show.. its so shallow on both sides. Complete opposite of blind date where the whole point was not judging on looks! Its not funny, just cringey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I'm a girl, and I agree with the poster who said some of them just want to get on TV! They are just so shallow, the amount of lights the go off after he says "I'm Gary and I'm from Cork" is ridiculous!

"I don't like his shoes Ray", "I dated a fella from Cork before and he wasn't nice" or just daft statements like that make me so angry!! They really don't give them a chance! There's one girl in particular I don't like, she's on the end nearest the aisle on the right side, Dublin accent, if the lad says he does ANYTHING she's like "What about meeeeee?? He needs to only be with meeeeeee! He can't have any time away from meeeeeee!" Its awful irritating, needy bitch... A lot of the lads are lovely too and so many go home with nobody! Feel so sorry for them:(! Must be so humiliating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Only seen the advertisements for it. Looks painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

I love Niamh C. She will be mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I don't know where the stereotype that Irish women are hard to approach comes from...
    If these women need to go on a dating show to find their man it really says more about them than the men of Ireland.
    I actually know one of the girls who was on it. She's a stand up comedian by trade and is actually a very cool person. Quite a few standups were asked to partake in the show to 'help make it funnier' so don't be too surprised if a lot of the put downs/mad bits are scripted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Tweedo

Klamborghini with a silent K is my ideal woman:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I like the show, its funny. It is setup to represent the same process that goes on in Coppers and other nightclubs every week in this country. I find watching this process fascinating just like a national geographic show, when I was younger I hate going to clubs, I don't dance and have no interest in trying to get a one night stand but now I love going with friends just to watch all the shenanigans unfolding around me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

It's funny at times but most of the time this show is just cringe... But it still draws you in for some reason...
    Last Friday there were three blackouts in a row - picky much? Really felt for the guys at first but then again if you go on a shallow show like that what do you expect??? Some of the things the girls say when asked why they "hit that button" are ridiculous...
    Would love to see a show the other way around...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I've only seen a few clips of it and it's nothing locking the doors and setting the building on fire wouldn't fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,505 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

id have to agree with spottyelephant, Niamh C is a stunner id say there a lot of lads hoping to bump into her in a Dublin night club,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

id have to agree with spottyelephant, Niamh C is a stunner id say there a lot of lads hoping to bump into her in a Dublin night club,

Well, tuff. No one's allowed her cept me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mangud2010

There's clearly somethin wrong with them ta go on in da first place!!?..!!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I had to watch a few minutes at a friends house the other night, I felt like stabbing myself in the eyes. So it is fair to say that I didn't like it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I've been watching it because a lad I know is due to be on it, I just don't know when!! Its so painful to watch really and I can't stand Ray Foley! I've never seen a man so in love with himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Its worse than Fade Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

A bunch of ugly biatches with an over inflated sense of their own self worth cruelly judging blokes who are desperate enough to want to get with them.

No different from any other night out in a club at the weekend so, the only difference being that the blokes want their humiliation broadcasted to the masses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

A mate loves it, he gets a kick out of watching the girls come up with any excuse not to pick a guy. Its always whats wrong with the guy while the girl ain't no oil painting herself. Car crash TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

Some of them are ok. But a lot will be on that panel for a long time with their attitudes. I think a lot of them put their light out just because they know they won't be the one picked in the end if their light is left on with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    A bunch of ugly biatches with an over inflated sense of their own self worth cruelly judging blokes who are desperate enough to want to get with them.

No different from any other night out in a club at the weekend so, the only difference being that the blokes want their humiliation broadcasted to the masses.

Agreed.

A disgusting show for disgusting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I think the show is hilarious!! Some of the comments from the girls are sooo cringe-worthy!! Its so funny when one lad comes out and everyone just beeps him straight away.... "ya, its the shoes Ray, they just dont do it for me."
    Ye'd wonder tho what kinda fcukin eeijit would go on it unless you're incredibly good looking...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭thebossanova

Have to say, it's definitely car crash but hilarious! You can't not look! I'm pretty sure they scour the square a half hour before the show to get the girls. Half the comedy is some of the guys taking it seriously and looking really down when they get 17 'No's' after they walk out and say where they're from!

It's so bad it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I remember once when I was a kid getting dragged to a mart by my friend and his father. All I seen was a cow standing in the middle of a ring and a load of aul farmers looking at this cow.
    If you reverse the situation and put the cows standing alongside the ring gawking at the fella, thats pretty much the theme for "take me out".

Its so cringe I watch it, but it paints irish girls soo badly, talk about judgemental. Everything from hairstyle to nose size to clothes the lads are wearing, honestly some of the ladies on the show, get down off that fecking high horse ye appear to have mounted yerselves on. Some of us blokes are actually pretty daycent human beings, and yes I'm aware that on any given night out lads do tend to make complete knobs of themselves around ye, but there are a few sound heads in the bunch too, if they have the ballz to appear on national television, for jaysus sake don't criticize their physical features in public, its the way they are, nobodys perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

It's just a bit of a laugh, the girls are shallow and totally base their judgement on looks but when the man has to whittle the girls down you can be sure he will pick the two best looking ladies available so they can hardly complain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

yeah thats true alright, the lads do pick the more attractive girls in the bunch typically. But say if the situation was reversed, imagine a lad telling a girl he didn't like the look of her nose or her legs or dare I suggest her boob size or something like that, there would be uproar altogether.
    I know the show is meant as a bit of light hearted entertainment and all that, but some of the comments are pretty personal, if one of the contestants took it to heart, it might be a real confidence knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its just reverse sexism at work again in the media, women judging men on physical appearance? only a laugh, reverse the situation? well thats digusting sexism and shallow.

I've seen about 10 minutes of this, the braincells that were killed from the sheer vapid bullsh1t on it I'll never get back. It makes The Hills look intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Well (speaking as a girl) I would love to see the show if the situation was reversed! I think fair play to anyone who has the confidence to get up and be judged by 30 members of the opposite sex and get instant feedback (bad, good or indifferent)

*I do agree some of the girls get too personal with their comments!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Surely it's just deal or no deal with smellier boxes?

Advertisement