Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

As instructed I sent a letter to PB office in relation to my apparent win. Two weeks on and not haven't heard anything, I telephoned Fexco today.

Apparently Fexco scan all corresondence received but have no record of them receiving my letter.:(

I have re-send my original letter. When I enquired what the winnings was, they refused to disclose the amount.:(

When I asked when can I expect a resply to my next letter, they said up to 3 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Exciting! Keep us updated...

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

As instructed I sent a letter to PB office in relation to my apparent win. Two weeks on and not haven't heard anything, I telephoned Fexco today.

Apparently Fexco scan all corresondence received but have no record of them receiving my letter.:(

I have re-send my original letter. When I enquired what the winnings was, they refused to disclose the amount.:(

When I asked when can I expect a resply to my next letter, they said up to 3 weeks!

Sounds like they are very inefficient. Up to three weeks to tell you if you have won 500 euros or 10K or 100K.

BS really.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brownbeard

Winnings from today's draw:€0

Total winnings since Mar 2011 on €1k: €225
    Total winnings since Jan 2012 on €1k: €0

Sonnenblumen, can you not just check the prize bonds numbers you have against the winning bond? Or are there to many to bother with?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings from today's draw: €0
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €450

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

Total winnings since Feb 2012 on €12k: €75

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Keep us updated on this please Sonnerblumen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Girlfriends mother was sent a letter asking her to contact them about a prize she had won, Obviously thought she had won a small fortune. Turns out it was €75. So don't get those hopes up too high.

Good luck BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Bought €3,000 of PB's in late July 2011

Todays draw = €0

So far on the €3,000 invested, total winnings = €75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Total winnings since Feb 2010 on €500: €75
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €50: €0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brownbeard

Winnings from today's draw:€0

Total winnings since Mar 2011 on €1k: €225
    Total winnings since Jan 2012 on €1k: €0

Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €450

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

Total winnings since Feb 2012 on €12k: €75

baraca wrote: »
    Girlfriends mother was sent a letter asking her to contact them about a prize she had won, Obviously thought she had won a small fortune. Turns out it was €75. So don't get those hopes up too high.

Good luck BTW.

Is this new ......... "please contact us" BS. gone be with the day when they sent you a cheque. I remenber opening an envelope and seeing a cheque from the PB office and it had a few 00s at first glance!
    Wait for it ........... 10000

Problem ....... a decimal point after the second 0. Why? Do you have prizes that are in cents you fcuks. I thought I had won a big wad at first. Just a hundred unfortunately :-(

No news yet?

Id say Sonnenblumen is off sunning himself somewhere now and doesnt care about us povs after the big win.

uberalles wrote: »
    Id say Sonnenblumen is off sunning himself somewhere now and doesnt care about us povs after the big win.

Hi uberalles - Wish you were here!:D

No news yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alco22

been following this thread for a while, i started buying bonds back in summer 2009 in small ammounts, didnt have much till this year but have built up to 4,575 now. I had my first win yesterday of 75 so think i will continue putting money into them for the next year or so hoping to eventually have a deposit for house.

alco22 wrote: »
    been following this thread for a while, i started buying bonds back in summer 2009 in small ammounts, didnt have much till this year but have built up to 4,575 now. I had my first win yesterday of 75 so think i will continue putting money into them for the next year or so hoping to eventually have a deposit for house.

I contacted the PB a few years ago and told them that their prize fund was too low. The top prize wasn’t even enough to buy a house in the boom. They said they would review the prize fund.

Months later the prizes were increased to include a 1 mill top prize !
    Basically alco22 if you get a big win and buy a house with it, thats because of me and my persuausive phone call. Just convert the attic and put an en-suite in it. I will be happy enough with that.

Hopefully “we” win soon!

My Cousin won 25K Punts (real money) on the PBs about 30 years ago and built a house with it and had money left over.

When the house was finished the front garden was covered in tall nettles. He got a load of petrol and burned them all to the ground, reminded me of NAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Total winnings from my bonds since March 1999: €0 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Just jumped on board and bought 5K worth of bonds in the post office.

How long does it take to get the numbers sent to u?
    Will update my winnings on this thread :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alco22

takes about 2 weeks iggy

• Advertisement

There must have been a delay in updating the PB website last Friday 'cause it said I didn't win anything, yet a €75 cheque was waiting for me at home today. Nice! :-)

Winnings from Friday 9th draw: €75
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €525

p.s. God, I wasn't expecting this thread to become so popular! :-)

I havnt collected a 75 euro win for months. Yet its not listed on the site !

Is the database maintained by the same people who look after the PPS number database? (8 million PPS numbers for 4 million people on the island)

See pic attached.

Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €525

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

All this Prize Bonds chatter has gotten me excited.

I have about €300 sitting in a Credit Union account for a while. Think I'll be taking it out and investing in some.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I have about €300 sitting in a Credit Union account for a while. Think I'll be taking it out and investing in some.

Same as! I have about 1000 euro (some of it is my confirmation money :eek: ) and I'm thinking of buying prize bonds with it. I have four already as a present from my aunt and I've won 75e once. My mum got one when she was born as a present and still hasn't won a penny :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

lizt wrote: »
    Same as! I have about 1000 euro (some of it is my confirmation money :eek: ) and I'm thinking of buying prize bonds with it. I have four already as a present from my aunt and I've won 75e once. My mum got one when she was born as a present and still hasn't won a penny :p
    I thought this Thread would have had the opposite affect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

winning from today's draw: €0
    Total winnings since Aug 2011 on €5k: €75

I thought this Thread would have had the opposite affect!

Looking at my winnings and others here, I'm thinking of cashing in and investing elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

winning from today's draw: €0
    Total winnings since Aug 2011 on €5k: €75

Looking at my winnings and others here, I'm thinking of cashing in and investing elsewhere.

Like where ;)

2 letters, 4 weeks later and still no word. A real bunch of
    down there in Killorglin.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

realies wrote: »
    Like where ;)

I'm researching a few things,and keeping a close eye on this forum, in particular JOHNPT's posts after this week :pac:

Advertisement