Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

IPad2 Jailbreak.

Hi,

If I jailbreak my ipad 2 can I access the device on my home network?

Basically Im trying to copy some file from the mac to the ipad and I dont want the hassle of itunes

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nickyg09p

Hey,
    I downloaded songs and put them into my library through bridge, now I want to upgrade to 6.1.2 will all my songs I transferred be deleted or will they be ok:confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

Can somebody point me to the old .ipa for SkyGo (maybe via PM)? Have found one or two versions, but they look for Installous to install.

Danke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Nickyg09p wrote: »
    Hey,
    I downloaded songs and put them into my library through bridge, now I want to upgrade to 6.1.2 will all my songs I transferred be deleted or will they be ok:confused:

If my experience is anything to go by they'll be deleted. Best option is download ifunbox and use it to retrieve your songs before you update. You can retrieve them from the music library or from their download location within the device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

The misses is looking to upgrade from iPhone 4 to 5. The current phone is unlocked and is used a few times a year in the US with T-Mobile. It works fine over there except that it is limited to 2g data. Before she upgrades I have two questions (as I can't seem to find a definitive answer online).

1. Will the iPhone 5 be able to be network unlocked by jailbreaking? If so, how? The 4 was unlocked by the network but they won't unlock the new one for 6 months but it will need to be used with the T-Mobile sim next month. I understand the next version of ios (6.1.3) will block jailbreaking (for now) but can 6.1.2 (assuming that's what it'll ship with) be jailbroken and network unlocked?

2. Assuming it can be unlocked, will it be able to use 3g data on T-Mobile or will it still be limited to 2g? Reading online it seems that it (the GSM A1429 model) will work on "refarmed" T-Mobile areas, but I'm hoping someone here will know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭guil

Rascasse wrote: »
    The misses is looking to upgrade from iPhone 4 to 5. The current phone is unlocked and is used a few times a year in the US with T-Mobile. It works fine over there except that it is limited to 2g data. Before she upgrades I have two questions (as I can't seem to find a definitive answer online).

1. Will the iPhone 5 be able to be network unlocked by jailbreaking? If so, how? The 4 was unlocked by the network but they won't unlock the new one for 6 months but it will need to be used with the T-Mobile sim next month. I understand the next version of ios (6.1.3) will block jailbreaking (for now) but can 6.1.2 (assuming that's what it'll ship with) be jailbroken and network unlocked?

2. Assuming it can be unlocked, will it be able to use 3g data on T-Mobile or will it still be limited to 2g? Reading online it seems that it (the GSM A1429 model) will work on "refarmed" T-Mobile areas, but I'm hoping someone here will know for sure.
    IMO there is no hope of the 5 ever being software unlocked. That can't even unlock iPhone 4 on any baseband newer than the one that came with iOS 4. 01.59.00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

lads what you need to download for apps? just jailbroke for the first time and done a few tweaks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

but1er wrote: »
    lads what you need to download for apps? just jailbroke for the first time and done a few tweaks

Cracked apps? You can't talk about that here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Are there any apps in Cydia that let you download songs/full albums straight to the phone?

• Advertisement

whats eoples favourite tweaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

need a bit of help as am out of touch with iphones these days.
    I have an iphone 3gs locked to vodafone.
    It is on 6.1.2 and 05.16.08
    Can it be unlocked?
    jailbroke it with invasion, installed ultrasnow and unlocked but it is stuck on searching now?
    It won't even find the vodafone sim?
    Any suggestions?
    Cheers.
    Sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

whats eoples favourite tweaks?

Auxo with Zephyr
    SB settings is a free alternative
    pkgbackup
    SMSbite

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

I've been given a 3g to try and fix any idea's how to get into DFU mode while stuck at connect to itunes screen,when I power off? and hold the power button for 3 sec then the home button for a futher 10 secs it just recycles back to connect to itunes looked at all the tutorial youtube vids but the difference is the fact I can't power down the way you normally would as I don't see the slide to power off screen.

Why don't you just restore it in itunes

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Does anyone know what's the best way to get an iPhone 4s unlocked.
    Its on Meteor.

pbarr wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's the best way to get an iPhone 4s unlocked.
    ask the network, gevey might work but they are expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

guil wrote: »
    ask the network, gevey might work but they are expensive
    I have a friend that wants to use his iphone 4 on 6.2 would the gevey work for him and have you a link to a place he could buy 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I have tried the cleaner app to remove any bad installs on cydia but its still the same. I have tried other apps on cydia but still get those errors highlighted.

osIQF5Z.jpg

Any help out there :)

I have tried the cleaner app to remove any bad installs on cydia but its still the same. I have tried other apps on cydia but still get those errors highlighted.

osIQF5Z.jpg

Any help out there :)
    Google the user directory at the bottom to see what's stored in there and if its nothing important delete the folder with Ifile or ifunbox etc.

• Advertisement

my apps have stopped wiggling which is really annoying!

any idea!

my apps have stopped wiggling which is really annoying!

any idea!
    Have you got a package from Curia to make them wiggle? They only wiggle when you're deleting them or removing from the multitasking tray

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

Just wondering if anyone has come across a jailbreak tweak that will allow my 4s to play music through the speaker while in a charging case.

I tend to use it a lot to listen to music and podcasts but while in the case it thinks it's connected to a dock and doesn't play through the speaker.

Have tried googling for an answer but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭faolteam

I have an old mobile i need unlocked i do not have the sim card for it

how do i get it so i can use any sim card

Thanks

AntiRip wrote: »
    That was the 'Entertainment' app I mentioned yesterday but deleted the post because it's bordering on a very grey area I think. Excellent app though.

I though I saw something yesterday alright about that app, but could find the post :). I know what you mean about "grey area", I'm sure mods will remove it they deem necessary.

how bad is the loading times?

how bad is the loading times?
    On wifi its instant
    I haven't tested on 3g yet

I can't find it on cydia. I've added the repo above but still not there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

There's no more updating or restoring firmware lads. Apple fixed the evasion jailbreak with 6.1.3 and are no longer signing 6.1.2. So be careful because you won't be able to restore to anything older than 6.1.3 unless you're using an iPhone4 or 3GS and have your blobs saved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

guil wrote: »
    I can't find it on cydia. I've added the repo above but still not there

I don't use that app myself,but with a quick Google or a search on Twitter.You'll find that they changed the Repo again.There are two new repo's with the app.

Advertisement