Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phillip Cairns disappeared off the face of the earth

• 04-06-2010 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭

........My name is Jim Cairns ! I lived in South Antrim , Northern Ireland before 12th August 1994 . I fled to Kilkenny on the 14th August 1994, after a UVF murder/abduction attempt on me failed on the 12th August 1994. The story of my discoveries is outlined in an essay called "The Story of Jacque"and it can be found on my site, "The Missing Persons Issue Ireland" www.missingpersons-ireland.freepress-freespeech.com
    and on many other Freedom of Speech sites .
    Part of my story involves the Phillip Cairns case and it has many similarities and connections , not least the sharing of the same name .

I found this by accident,i haven't finished myself reading it,But i do feel this is a conspiracy theory.
    In however wow it is,is it possible?
    Thought you guys would like to have a look.

http://www.missingpersons-ireland.freepress-freespeech.com/phillipCairns.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Havent had a chance to read through it yet but as soonas i saw it was near haloween i thought occult as most here probably did wether they believed it or not.
    I was a blonde haired blue eyed child growing up in the 80's and remember very very clearly my mother telling me years later to be vry careful on certain dates because occult group kidnapp blonde haired blue eyed kids especially for ceremonies.Now she wasnt into occult stuff more the bible but its interesting she should think that.Was that going through alot of peoples minds because it was mentioned on the news..otherwise i wonder where she got that info from O.o..i must ask her sometime.
    Will read that article asap and probably get back.
    Thanks for the post,im quite aware about child abductions in ireland/england/scotland and would love to get to the bottom of it.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

"
    Phillip Cairns disappeared off the face of the earth "

Did they check the bottom of the Guatamalan black hole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

As i read and add on i am almost sick if these are true.:(
    http://www.missingpersons-ireland.freepress-freespeech.com/PCairnsupdate.htm

http://www.missingpersons-ireland.freepress-freespeech.com/paedo-irish-institutions.htm

The hair stands up on the back of my neck its very disturbing :(
    This latest bombshell came as a result of pressure from inside Ireland and from other countries when they discovered that orphans from their countries have been going missing in the "care" of the Irish state! Russia and Rumania has stopped the "adoptions" of orphans to Ireland!
    Finally, today the 24th May 2010, there is open discussion on the Irish radio - RTE - concerning children in care within the HSE - Irish Health service! The truth is: this has only happened a long time after an explosive expose' made by Vincent Browne's daughter Emma Browne, Hilary Curley and Colin Murphy for Village Magazine on Friday, 28 January 2005. In there first article they discovered that there was 40 children missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I'm related to Philip Cairns, distantly (my grandfather and his father are first cousins) although I don't know the family.

I do know though that what they believe happened (the gardai and family) is that Philip was a victim of a local paedophile ring and he decided to tell some-one (some-one in his school I think) but sadly he picked the wrong person to tell and....well you can guess the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I'm related to Philip Cairns, distantly (my grandfather and his father are first cousins) although I don't know the family.

I do know though that what they believe happened (the gardai and family) is that Philip was a victim of a local paedophile ring and he decided to tell some-one (some-one in his school I think) but sadly he picked the wrong person to tell and....well you can guess the rest.

i'm sure the explanation is something rational like that. i don't think it has anything crazy connected to it like:
    from the missing-persons website given to us by op:
    NB. It should be noted that the dates when Phillip went missing have a very strong satanic significance!

i really, really think that's just trying to make connections that aren't there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Ah Mr Cairns, wondered where he'd gotten to love the

http://www.missingpersons-ireland.freepress-freespeech.com/RTEsatanicsymbol.htm

RTE Satanic symbols section

http://www.missingpersons-ireland.freepress-freespeech.com/greenssellsouls.htm

" I believe the Greens have sold their souls to the "witchcraft state", whose agenda is implimented by Fina Fail!"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,229 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

There's plenty of know it all's who will attack this thread I'm sure.
    However there are huge amounts of ritual abuse cases in this country, the rape crisis centre will verify that for you should you look beyond the end of your own nose and try to rationalise this subject with facts as opposed to your own opinions.

The Phillip Cairns case is something I doubt we'll ever know the truth about.
    it's horrible to think that ritual abuse goes on, but it would seem that wishing it away doesnt work, it's a pity more people don't take notice when these things are raised. If we got as worked up about these subjects as we do about sport in this country we might start getting somewhere worth going as a society.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

nullzero wrote: »
    If we got as worked up about these subjects as we do about sport in this country we might start getting somewhere worth going as a society.

:confused:

There's plenty of know it all's who will attack this thread I'm sure.
    However there are huge amounts of ritual abuse cases in this country, the rape crisis centre will verify that for you should you look beyond the end of your own nose and try to rationalise this subject with facts as opposed to your own opinions.

The Phillip Cairns case is something I doubt we'll ever know the truth about.
    it's horrible to think that ritual abuse goes on, but it would seem that wishing it away doesnt work, it's a pity more people don't take notice when these things are raised. If we got as worked up about these subjects as we do about sport in this country we might start getting somewhere worth going as a society.

Thats just plan not true.

http://www.stopbadtherapy.com/myths/sra.shtml
    A study done for the National Center on Child Abuse and Neglect entitled Characteristics and Sources of Allegations of Ritualistic Child Abuse surveyed over 12,000 psychologists, social workers, and law enforcement officials and failed to find a single credible or confirmed allegation of abuse by organized satanic cults.
    In his FBI report entitled Investigator's Guide to Allegations of Ritual Child Abuse, Lanning continues:

Until hard evidence is obtained and corroborated, the public should not be frightened into believing that babies are being bred and eaten, that 50,000 missing children are being murdered in human sacrifices, or that satanists are taking over America's day care centers or institutions. No

one can prove with absolute certainty that such activity has NOT occurred. The burden of proof, however, as it would be in a criminal prosecution, is on those who claim that it has occurred. The explanation that the satanists are too organized and law enforcement is too incompetent only goes so far in explaining the lack of evidence. For at least eight years American law enforcement has been aggressively investigating the allegations of victims of ritual abuse. There is little or no evidence for the portion of their allegations that deals with large-scale baby breeding, human sacrifice, and organized satanic conspiracies. Now it is up to mental health professionals, not law enforcement, to explain why victims are alleging things that don't seem to have happened.

It's no secret why so many therapists have been interested in promoting the myth of satanic ritual abuse. Lanning adds that:

Satanic and occult crime and ritual abuse of children has become a growth industry. Speaking fees, books, video and audio tapes, prevention material, television and radio appearances all bring egoistic and financial rewards.

Yes that is America, but these claims about come about in the tabloid press and lurid sensational idiots like Cairns. Nothing substantive is offered. Frankly I'm going to take anything coming from a man who thinks there are satanic symbols in the RTE logo with a pinch, sorry an entire mines worth of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

This is a really sad story same as when anyone goes missing. I was only a kid myself at the time he went missing but I can still remember vividly my parents and adults talking about it and all the news coverage.

I grew up quite close to where Philip lived and my abiding memory of the whole incident is the word "cult" that is what stuck in my mind. My Mam still mentions him sometimes even today like "he would be this old if he was still here" or "they still haven't found out what happened him" stuff like that. She spent the next few years drumming into my head that I should never speak to strangers or accept lifts from people I didn't know, it left quite an impression on me.

My Mam told me that at time he went missing most people believed that he had been abducted by a religious cult and that the guards either had an idea who was responsible and did nothing about it, or they were unable to do anything about it through lack of evidence or whatever. At the time he went he missing the whole area was searched but they found nothing. There is a laneway that runs through an estate close to where Philip lived and it leads to a library. This lane way was searched at the time but they came up with nothing. Some days later his schoolbag was found in this same lane way but it wasn't there the day they originally searched it. As far as I know this is all they ever found of him.

At the time he went missing the M50 by-pass was under construction it was in its early stages lots of fields and open spaces. Some people believe that this is Philips final resting place somewhere under it, I think a pyschic of some description became involved and that this is the direction he pointed the investigation towards as everyone else was at a loss. I just hope where ever he is, hes at peace.

• Advertisement

Di0genes wrote: »
    Thats just plan not true.

http://www.stopbadtherapy.com/myths/sra.shtml

Yes that is America, but these claims about come about in the tabloid press and lurid sensational idiots like Cairns. Nothing substantive is offered. Frankly I'm going to take anything coming from a man who thinks there are satanic symbols in the RTE logo with a pinch, sorry an entire mines worth of salt.

Diogenes, would you give it a rest.
    I trust you've heard of the false memory syndrome foundation(Look up the Mc Martin day care centre case from LA in the 90's).
    This crowd are usually wheeled out whenever a claim regarding this subject is made, often by large numbers of children, and claim that they are all dreaming these things up, clearly this is on your wavelength.
    I don't know what you'd expect a child to create in thei minds, but the sick things these rituals involve are completely foreign to small children. Animals being sacrificed, babies being butchered and set on fire, blood drinking etc... all way out there in terms of a child's typical experience.

You're clearly sold on everything discussed on this forum being false. I can only pity you. These things happen, it's not what you want to hear, or want to believe but it happens. Although I'm sure you'll be able to quote some FBI paper or other and preceed it with some cock sure "you couldn't be more wrong" statement of apparent fact.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

I think that cases like this and similar ones like that of JoJo Dullard are very sad. It can't be easy for the families of the missing people no matter how long since the disappearance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

And I suppose when my Friend told Authorities about Fr Fortune abusing him as a Child it was all mass Halucinations as well, Obviously a 10 year old boy just made up stories about being tied to a Bed between Sunday masses and being ritually abused.

Its reactions like yours that ultimatley led to him Blowing his Fvckin Brains out one Saturday night.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

See I am willing to judge each claim on its own merits

as for the Warnings from our Parents about a Dangerous Religious Cult Abducting and Abusing young Children in Ireland.

Well I suppose a Letter from the Head of that cult apologising to the People of Ireland for Years of abuse and Coverups might be construed by some as proof

And I suppose when my Friend told Authorities about Fr Fortune abusing him as a Child it was all mass Halucinations as well, Obviously a 10 year old boy just made up stories about being tied to a Bed between Sunday masses and being ritually abused.

Its reactions like yours that ultimatley led to him Blowing his Fvckin Brains out one Saturday night.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What is this inane attempt at emotional blackmail?

Am I denying that sexual abuse of children occurs? No. I'm not and your frankly pathetic and woefully insulting idiocy doesnt touch this point.

The point I'm making is this that satanic cults dedicated to child abuse and ritual sacrifice don't exist.

Your attempt to use your friend as some kind of shield is really woeful and actually sad.

The history of child abuse and the cover up by the state and church authorities is a tragic stain on our entire nation, we don't need to add fairytails to make it worse.

See I am willing to judge each claim on its own merits

Yes and the merits of this claim are utterly bogus

Diogenes, would you give it a rest.

No sorry I'm here to say.
    I trust you've heard of the false memory syndrome foundation(Look up the Mc Martin day care centre case from LA in the 90's).
    This crowd are usually wheeled out whenever a claim regarding this subject is made, often by large numbers of children, and claim that they are all dreaming these things up, clearly this is on your wavelength.
    I don't know what you'd expect a child to create in thei minds, but the sick things these rituals involve are completely foreign to small children. Animals being sacrificed, babies being butchered and set on fire, blood drinking etc... all way out there in terms of a child's typical experience.

No sorry, you've obviously never heard of leading questions.

You're clearly sold on everything discussed on this forum being false. I can only pity you.

The feeling is entirely mutual.
    These things happen,

Prove it.
    it's not what you want to hear, or want to believe but it happens. Although I'm sure you'll be able to quote some FBI paper or other and preceed it with some cock sure "you couldn't be more wrong" statement of apparent fact.

It's not apparent fact there are dozens of apparent cases of satanic sexual abuse which invariably turn out to be all in the mind of a handful of hysterical people.

Like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Stop making this personal! Discuss the topic and try and be a little respectful.

Diogenes, how can you be so sure that SRA is completely bogus?
    I've never witnessed it, just like I've never witnessed clerical sex abuse, it doesn't mean they both don't exist because I haven't seen it happen in front of me, or because it doesn't fit with my world view or some sense of misplaced superiority.

When SRA cases are dismissed by the like of the False memory syndrome foundation or the FBI, it's hardly conclusive. Unless of course you believe everything that comes out of the mouths of these special interest groups.

You have every right to argue here, but to be honest you're currently being condescending and rude to the point of the thread descending into a flame fest and being locked.

Glazers Out!

What is this inane attempt at emotional blackmail?

Am I denying that sexual abuse of children occurs? No. I'm not and your frankly pathetic and woefully insulting idiocy doesnt touch this point.

The point I'm making is this that satanic cults dedicated to child abuse and ritual sacrifice don't exist.

Your attempt to use your friend as some kind of shield is really woeful and actually sad.

The history of child abuse and the cover up by the state and church authorities is a tragic stain on our entire nation, we don't need to add fairytails to make it worse.

Yes and the merits of this claim are utterly bogus

This post is disgraceful.
    I can't imagine posting something like this, especially refering to somebody's beliefs as "idiocy" and not being given a infraction.
    I reported this post and a friendly little warning was given. You either apply the rules evenly or not at all.
    Now I remember why I've avoided this place for the last month or so.

Glazers Out!

Diogenes, how can you be so sure that SRA is completely bogus?

I'm not. Its just that the burden of proof is on the claimant not me. Extraordinary claims require evidence.
    I've never witnessed it, just like I've never witnessed clerical sex abuse, it doesn't mean they both don't exist because I haven't seen it happen in front of me, or because it doesn't fit with my world view or some sense of misplaced superiority.

How do you know it's misplaced?

The evidence of endemic clerical abuse of children is well documented and supported with a depressingly large amount of evidence (or did you miss the Murphy report) The evidence of Satanic Ritual Abuse is entirely lacking in substance or testimony.
    When SRA cases are dismissed by the like of the False memory syndrome foundation or the FBI, it's hardly conclusive.

No whats hardly conclusive is the claims of SRA.
    Unless of course you believe everything that comes out of the mouths of these special interest groups.

Why would the FBI lie. Meanwhile people have been making hysterical claims about witchcraft and Satanism for centuries.

You have every right to argue here, but to be honest you're currently being condescending and rude to the point of the thread descending into a flame fest and being locked.

I'm sorry but I don't consider made up claims about child sex abuse and satanism to be funny or a bit of giggle. Lurid make believe stories make believe stories about child sex abuse and satanism help hide actual real crimes against children.

• Advertisement

So Let me get this straight, Your argument rests on the Word SATANIC, you dont dispute that there is/was a Pedophile Cult Sadisticly Preying on young children, We're just arguing about whether or not they were satanic?????

FFS Get a grip, I doubt either of us Seriously believe in the concept of Heaven and Hell as defined in the religion these men used as a front for their activities.

Whether or not they were activley worshiping a different God to the one they professed to adore publicly is an interesting question, The God of my childhood religion professed Love peace fellowship and kindness to your fellow man, These men dont seem to have been worshipin the same 'Fairytale'

Arent you the one that lambasted people for their lack of sensitivity to the victims of 9/11??????

I'm not. Its just that the burden of proof is on the claimant not me. Extraordinary claims require evidence.

How do you know it's misplaced?

The evidence of endemic clerical abuse of children is well documented and supported with a depressingly large amount of evidence (or did you miss the Murphy report) The evidence of Satanic Ritual Abuse is entirely lacking in substance or testimony.

No whats hardly conclusive is the claims of SRA.

Why would the FBI lie. Meanwhile people have been making hysterical claims about witchcraft and Satanism for centuries.

I'm sorry but I don't consider made up claims about child sex abuse and satanism to be funny or a bit of giggle. Lurid make believe stories make believe stories about child sex abuse and satanism help hide actual real crimes against children.

Firstly, all siuperiority is misplaced, no one is better than anyone else, and those who feel they are better than others are invariably ignorant and stupid in equal measure.

The claims of SRA are usually made aginst people who are considered "pillars" of the community, hardly the type that can't make these sort of things go away.

If it were drugged up adults making these claims I'd be with you in saying it's all bogus, children have no precident for coming up with these things out of nowhere.
    Yes other child abuse is sickening and yes we need to pay attention to it.
    It's also true that evidence hasn't been produced to prove SRA cases have happened. usually because the investigations go nowhere even in the face of massive evidence.

These are the conspiratorial elements in this subject, hence it being discussed here.

I'm sure you're guffawing at this post and will respond in your own special style, I will however be using a handy feature of this site, the ignore user option.

Glazers Out!

Firstly, all siuperiority is misplaced, no one is better than anyone else, and those who feel they are better than others are invariably ignorant and stupid in equal measure.

So no one is better than everyone else expect the people who are too ignorant and stupid to realise this.

Paradox meet Nullzero, Nullzero meet Paradox.

The claims of SRA are usually made aginst people who are considered "pillars" of the community, hardly the type that can't make these sort of things go away.

And Priests aren't pillars of the community?
    If it were drugged up adults making these claims I'd be with you in saying it's all bogus, children have no precident for coming up with these things out of nowhere.

Firstly did I say they were all made up claims by children out of nowhere?

You should really watch Capturing the Friedmans.
    Yes other child abuse is sickening and yes we need to pay attention to it.
    It's also true that evidence hasn't been produced to prove SRA cases have happened. usually because the investigations go nowhere even in the face of massive evidence.

Read that last sentence back. Aloud.

You're saying that evidence hasn't been produce to prove SRA cases despite all the overwhelming evidence?

Nullzero have you met my friend Paradox? I could have sworn you two met before.

I'm sure you're guffawing at this post and will respond in your own special style, I will however be using a handy feature of this site, the ignore user option.

Aw nuts, and you were bringing so much the discussion. And you never did get to met Paradox, you'd have gotten on brilliantly.

So Let me get this straight, Your argument rests on the Word SATANIC, you dont dispute that there is/was a Pedophile Cult Sadisticly Preying on young children, We're just arguing about whether or not they were satanic?????

Can you prove its a cult? Or even satanic.

FFS Get a grip, I doubt either of us Seriously believe in the concept of Heaven and Hell as defined in the religion these men used as a front for their activities.

You didn't read the website that we're talking about did you?
    Whether or not they were activley worshiping a different God to the one they professed to adore publicly is an interesting question, The God of my childhood religion professed Love peace fellowship and kindness to your fellow man, These men dont seem to have been worshipin the same 'Fairytale'

Wow, you're just taking this non sequitur and just running with it arent you MC.
    Arent you the one that lambasted people for their lack of sensitivity to the victims of 9/11??????

Yes I am. I also think that your use of your friend's suicide to reinforce your dubious "point" is distasteful. Now don't you have a boards beers to not attend?

Diogenes, any point you may have had to make has been discredited by your absolutley vile approach to other users. Never mind not having basic respect for people, you're being openly abusive of other users.

Holding differing opinions isn't a crime, you cant seem to extend the most basic of respect to others.
    There's things that I see on boards that I think make people look stupid, but that doesn't give me the right to treat them as if they're in some way inferior to me.

Humanji, you posted earlier to say that this thread shouldn't become personal, what is being done to stop that? All that's going on here is personal abuse from Diogenes, he can't make a point without following it up with an insult. Is this the way baords.ie users are supposed to treat each other? It's a fvcking disgrace.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Diogenes, you were warned already. Now don't post in this thread again!

Diogenes, any point you may have had to make has been discredited by your absolutley vile approach to other users. Never mind not having basic respect for people

I'm sorry we're on a thread which links to a website that accuses Gardai of being involved in Satanic Ritual Abuse without any evidence, and your issue is with my lack of respect with people.

There appears to be a magnet near your moral compass.

AAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY Back sorta OT, how much do we actually know about the asscosiations and networks that were involed??????

How pervasive was it in Irish culture? Has it really gone away? How do we stop it from happenng?

And most importantly was ther any sort of Occult element to the Organised structure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I think that is the main issue here and I agree entirely with Diogenes.
    Child abuse is horrible enough without having crazy specualtion about satanic cults. the fact that the founder of the website calls the state satanic and starts talking about satanic sybols on rte then his credibility is circling the potty.
    Why is this case getting the most satanic cult questioning?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

fontanalis wrote: »
    I think that is the main issue here and I agree entirely with Diogenes.
    Child abuse is horrible enough without having crazy specualtion about satanic cults. the fact that the founder of the website calls the state satanic and starts talking about satanic sybols on rte then his credibility is circling the potty.
    Why is this case getting the most satanic cult questioning?

To make this clearer are you and your ilk denying that satanic ritual abuse exists?

Agree with everything that nullzero has said re the insults here too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement