Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    What you mean both ways?

I played in a FIFA thingy like this during the World Cup last year ( for lack of a current gen rugby game before I'm ridiculed:p), and they had some program listing the teams and players names and it drew them randomly. Think L'prof organised it.

we can play 2 comps, one with chosen teams as chosen in here and one where teams are chosen at random

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

mystic86 wrote: »
    we can play 2 comps, one with chosen teams as chosen in here and one where teams are chosen at random

Sounds grand. You're organising so its your decision:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Here is a review of the game,haven't even read it myself.
    http://nzgamer.com/x360/reviews/1419/all-blacks-rugby-challenge.html

Sounds grand. You're organising so its your decision:D

actually, we found out the ridiculous info that regardless of what team you're using online the team stats will be even (normalized) so the random draw thing might not be necessary

actually, we found out the ridiculous info that regardless of what team you're using online the team stats will be even (normalized) so the random draw thing might not be necessary

So Aironi would be level with the ABs?

• Advertisement

So Aironi would be level with the ABs?

apparently. To me that is bloody ridiculous decision to do it like that. I know they wanted to make games about user skill, but they really just should have accounted for players playing with uneven teams in terms of stats by awarding more leaderboard points to a lower rated team that beats a higher rated team and vice versa

apparently. To me that is bloody ridiculous decision to do it like that. I know they wanted to make games about user skill, but they really just should have accounted for players playing with uneven teams in terms of stats by awarding more leaderboard points to a lower rated team that beats a higher rated team and vice versa

Exactly, if both teams are made even it takes away from the achievement of grinding out a result against better sides...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭purpleblaa

This looks like it could be a top game. I used to love the Jonah Lomu game from the PS1.
    What a player that man was. Terrible what happened to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Edinburgh and Castres.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

From what i heard its only in ranked matches that the stats are the same. In custom matches they're different for every team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

EmacB wrote: »
    From what i heard its only in ranked matches that the stats are the same. In custom matches they're different for every team.

Yeah I don't see why people are getting worked up about this. It'd be crap to have everyone playing as the All Blacks because of higher rating. Multiplayer should be about skill, not what team you picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

B0X wrote: »
    Yeah I don't see why people are getting worked up about this. It'd be crap to have everyone playing as the All Blacks because of higher rating. Multiplayer should be about skill, not what team you picked.

I can see the merits of this system, certainly, but I can also see how people would like to at least have the option of unbalanced teams - there would be less of an achievement in using Connacht, for example, to beat, or even mount a challenge to a mate playing with the ABs if both teams are auto-balanced. Not to mention that if someone has played a game a lot more than a friend as before, a not uncommon means of handicapping the experienced player is in team selection - that option no longer exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

cython wrote: »
    I can see the merits of this system, certainly, but I can also see how people would like to at least have the option of unbalanced teams - there would be less of an achievement in using Connacht, for example, to beat, or even mount a challenge to a mate playing with the ABs if both teams are auto-balanced. Not to mention that if someone has played a game a lot more than a friend as before, a not uncommon means of handicapping the experienced player is in team selection - that option no longer exists.

But you can still play with the proper team rankings it's just the match won't be ranked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Looking forward to this but was pleasantly surprised by RWC 2011. Sure the graphics are atrocious and nobody looks anything like their real life counterparts, but as a 2 player game it's quite fun to play. Probably not worth a purchase, but definitely a good rental.

Any release date set for this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

We are taking pre-orders for this item, as the game is not due for release in the UK until 9th SEPTEMBER 2011 (which is subject to change by the publisher).
    Link, text in description

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Exactly, if both teams are made even it takes away from the achievement of grinding out a result against better sides...
    only for internal league game. Privately organised games keep the rankings, I think.

Crash wrote: »
    only for internal league game. Privately organised games keep the rankings, I think.
    for both ranked and private matches the teams will be normalized-both teams will have the same stats as the fake england team in the game. They are invistigating the possibility of adding proper stats options thru a patch

In private matches only that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

We were hoping to announce a release date for Europe/UK/USA sometime this week but we have come up with a few unforeseen issues and unfortunately we now need to revise our plans. The new window for the expected release is now between the 23rd of September 2011 and 21st of October 2011.

My sincerest apology to all the fans, but all efforts and resources are in use to get this product to market as soon as possible.

Please be patient a little longer, once you play Rugby Challenge you will quickly forget the anguish of waiting.

Best regards,

Sebastian Giompaolo MD.

More delays :(

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=275812305764307

• Advertisement

jd007 wrote: »
    Ah now, that is Fifa territory, and I always buy Fifa on launch at the reduced rate. Really bad move by them if true, going to damage sales figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Jackobyte wrote: »
    jd007 wrote: »
    Ah now, that is Fifa territory, and I always buy Fifa on launch at the reduced rate. Really bad move by them if true, going to damage sales figures.

2 different sports though, I'd certainly be picking both up if they come out the same time

DarkJager wrote: »
    2 different sports though, I'd certainly be picking both up if they come out the same time
    But I can still only play one game at a time, and Fifa always gets a play-through at launch. Tradition and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

just been playing this. found it to be godawful to be honest

the RWC game was a lot better, and that's saying something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Helix wrote: »

Got Rwc today as a gift,how is Rugby Challenge not better than a reskinned PS2 game. The only thing HD about the RWC game is the menus.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Really? That's frightening because RWC is an absolute disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'll take it from you if you don't want it ;)

GTR63 wrote: »
    Got Rwc today as a gift,how is Rugby Challenge not better than a reskinned PS2 game. The only thing HD about the RWC game is the menus.

if you think that's bad, wait til you see the 15fps ingame action in rugby challenge

if you think that's bad, wait til you see the 15fps ingame action in rugby challenge

xbox 360 ya?

• Advertisement

xbox 360 ya?

yup

Advertisement