Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coverting ng/ml to mIU/L

• 18-02-2009 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

Anyone any ideas how to do this please?:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,101 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Which IU is it? What substance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

IUs are International Units, a measurement used in pharmacology. I don't think there can be milli-IUs though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Anyone want to suggest a forum for this topic? Lost here I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Its TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone)...i posted in medicine and biology so i think thats a better forum thanks! I have a TSH result of 0.04 ng/ml but can only find human reference ranges of mIU/L and wanted to convert it.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

I don't know the numbers you need but if there's A ng in a mIU and B ml in a L (I assume that B=1000, L being litre) then multiply your 0.04 by B/A.

Also if you only have say C mIU in a ng then multiply by B*C as in this case A=1/C. Sorry if that's unclear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shakiki

conversion for prolactin
    ng/mL*21.2 = mIU/L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

this is the first time I've actually thought "here's a problem for Wolfram Alpha"

It failed

The information is there if you dig a little though

edit: the info for TSH isn't actually there, only for insulin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

WolPha... Ralpha... Walpha...
    whatever it's going to be known as, it has a long way to go. Lots of failures as soon as you get off the beaten track.

Edit: I just typed "wolfram alpha" into wolfram alpha. Under "people involved", it lists only Stephen Wolfram. He's an even bigger cock than I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Haha, brilliant. I'm sure he done it all himself :D

Advertisement