Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Damn 2FM Dee Jays, I wish they would just do their job sometimes and inform their general listeners what music they are actually listening too. This is twice now in the same cafe that 2FM have played this track with no ID at the end. Someone put me out of my misery, who is this band? I cannot remember the lyrics but the chorus goes. "Woah -oho- oho - oo and the chorus melody hook is similar to Becks track Why Dont You, Maybe. In fact its a bit Beckish but more poppier with female vocals too.
    Is it Lisa Hannigan "what'll I do"........ again?
    Video is 2 or 3 pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Plambey wrote: »
    hey guys, lookin for a dance song, its from in and around the time Sash! and ATB were in full swing.

This:confused:

Long shot

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

hey guys, lookin for a dance song, its from in and around the time Sash! and ATB were in full swing. i think the video was set in a futuristic train station, and involved someone running with a briefcase, and the setting was very silver/white. it is however, NOT this song

its killin me! i'm listenin to all the classics from back in this time, Sash!'s Ecudor and ATB's 9pm, all choons, but this one song is evading me! any help would be greatly appreciated

would it be sash - stay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

hey guys, lookin for a dance song, its from in and around the time Sash! and ATB were in full swing. i think the video was set in a futuristic train station, and involved someone running with a briefcase, and the setting was very silver/white. it is however, NOT this song

its killin me! i'm listenin to all the classics from back in this time, Sash!'s Ecudor and ATB's 9pm, all choons, but this one song is evading me! any help would be greatly appreciated

Hmm. Both Sandstorm and 9pm till I come have a suitcase theme in the video. I'd go for Sandstorm.
    Kolido wrote: »
    would it be sash - stay?

Yeah, this just came up on youtube for me, it's a good guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

I'd really appreciate help with this one

It's the song from the Savage Sunday show on Today FM on Sunday mornings

Here's a link:

http://media.todayfm.com/listenback/113/sunday/1/popup

it starts about 2.53 mins in

I'm sure I've heard it before, possibly in a movie
    Cheers and thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Arabella

Zero1986 wrote: »
    I've been trying to help a guy on another forum to find out what this song is to no avail and now it's starting to bug me. All we know is that it seems to be from the early to mid-90's and it's an American indie-rock band. I've tried Googling whatever song lyrics I can make out and he tried using Shazaam but got no results. If there's any older members here with a good memory of the 90's it would be great if you could help me out.

I don't know if you have found out the name of this song by now but if you haven't the name of the song is "Not Rocket Science" by the Australian band Pollen. I couldn't find it on YouTube but its on iTunes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Hi,

So I heard a song on 2fm just before 11pm last night, and after much searching of their website I'm still unable to find out who sings it or what the name is. It was played as a time filler in between a podcast and the news hour.

It an upbeat pop/indie rock song, similar sound to The Strokes.

Here are some of the lyrics (which I've googled in different combinations, but still can't find it):

"Don't you know, that I'd do anything to impress, that's why I compliment you on your sense of dress, the way you always look so fine"

"As we roll down the street, stumbling cheek to cheek, the boys say she's fine"

"Not now I've tried so hard,
    Not now I've come so far,
    My house is only 20 yards up the street,
    We _________ if you just shuffle your feet"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Sútalún

coonecb1 wrote: »
    Hi,

So I heard a song on 2fm just before 11pm last night, and after much searching of their website I'm still unable to find out who sings it or what the name is. It was played as a time filler in between a podcast and the news hour.

It an upbeat pop/indie rock song, similar sound to The Strokes.

Here are some of the lyrics (which I've googled in different combinations, but still can't find it):

"Don't you know, that I'd do anything to impress, that's why I compliment you on your sense of dress, the way you always look so fine"

"As we roll down the street, stumbling cheek to cheek, the boys say she's fine"

"Not now I've tried so hard,
    Not now I've come so far,
    My house is only 20 yards up the street,
    We _________ if you just shuffle your feet"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Shuffle Your Feet by the Kinetics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

does anybody know the name of the song on the vodafone ad on tv3 and at the end it advertises something about 25 for vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

santino wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate help with this one

It's the song from the Savage Sunday show on Today FM on Sunday mornings

Here's a link:

http://media.todayfm.com/listenback/113/sunday/1/popup

it starts about 2.53 mins in

I'm sure I've heard it before, possibly in a movie
    Cheers and thanks

It's called Soul Vibration by J Walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

Song from a few years ago. There was a white guy with a beard and long hair with a ghetto blaster - the music drives people wild. He is in some country like Jamaica. At the end of the music video he is in jail with a shaved head.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Worztron wrote: »
    Song from a few years ago. There was a white guy with a beard and long hair with a ghetto blaster - the music drives people wild. He is in some country like Jamaica. At the end of the music video he is in jail with a shaved head.

Fat Boy Slim - Push the Tempo

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

Fat Boy Slim - Push the Tempo

Thats the one. I think the title is

I just discovered that the song title is actually 'Ya Mama'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_for_Shelter_/_Ya_Mama

'Push the Tempo' makes more sense.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Anyone know the song on the current RTE television ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rykun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Damn 2FM Dee Jays, I wish they would just do their job sometimes and inform their general listeners what music they are actually listening too. This is twice now in the same cafe that 2FM have played this track with no ID at the end. Someone put me out of my misery, who is this band? I cannot remember the lyrics but the chorus goes. "Woah -oho- oho - oo and the chorus melody hook is similar to Becks track Why Dont You, Maybe. In fact its a bit Beckish but more poppier with female vocals too.
    Is it the new girl band Stooshe?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rykun

Rud wrote: »

Thank you so much Rud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Anyone know the name of the song that was played by modest mouse on Tom Dunnes newstalk programme at around 9.15 tonight? It was played after Madonnas song. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Golden oldie...... words go something like this.

We used to live, only for love, we used to live.....yes we were living....only for loving..... one beautiful day etc.

I've googled and you-tubed many search options but cant throw this song up.

Any ideas folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You could try the thread right at the top of the screen.

Quickly before you feel the wrath.

I've said too much...

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

antoswords wrote: »

Yup found that link all right and that is the song but doing a search on youtube turned up same title but different song.

I've found a version after going through 3 pages on you tube.
    Now to find a decent version:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

does anyone know what's the remix version of Nicki Minaj - Starships iRadio play alot??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

akura wrote: »
    does anyone know what's the remix version of Nicki Minaj - Starships iRadio play alot??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OD8hBpDYMjM
    whats the name of the song at 1:47 of this video

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭iamthest1g

anyone care to have a lash at this, its starting to bother me now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ4ZM2RUfDI&feature=related

from about 0.28 .

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭iamthest1g

from about 0.28 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

iamthest1g wrote: »

from about 0.28 .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OD8hBpDYMjM
    whats the name of the song at 1:47 of this video

anyone

Advertisement