Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting engaged

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

You're making her sound like she's wrong.

If I were her, I wouldn't say yes. You've been together so long and talked about it, it's the next logical step. Grow a pair mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

I got engaged on Friday!!!!:D:D:D I'm over the moon, can't stop smiling. It was a surprise, my bf brought me to my favourite spot in Glendalough and I was taking a picture of the lake and when I turned around he was on one knee holding the most beautiful diamond solitare ring ever!!! It was so romantic. He asked for my Dad's blessing on Wednesday and then went and bought the ring all by himself and then proposed, why was it so special and romantic? Because I'm f*cking mad about him and I know he feels the same about me.

So yeah OP, it doesn't need to be fire works in Paris. Get a ring, bring her somewhere she likes and ffs ask her. I really hope it's not too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dancer656

6 years isn't that bad. The best thing you could do is talk about your relationship with your gf about the future and where do you see yourself going. Yeah it's a little frustrating when you don't know if its ever going to happen but it wouldn't be something I would just leave someone over until we talked about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

OP, no offence but your girlfriend sounds insane. I completely agree with you that it wouldn't be special anymore even if you gave in to th bratty behaviour.
    6 years isn't exactly an eternity and her reaction is way over the top.
    You'll just resent her for this on the future. Better off telling madam to try the princess act on somebody else. They're not all idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭DAT64

Any update OP?
    Have you met up etc??

I am going out with my BF with 6 yrs we are really happy together. Building a house at the moment. We know we are forever (committed to a house anyway). We are both in late 20's.
    If i really wanted to get engaged I would have asked him this year - leap year! But everyone is different.

I hope ye have sorted it out and discussed your future & will end up happy ever after! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

DAT64 - asking for updates is against forum rules.

Please acquaint yourself with the forum charter HERE.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭DAT64

DAT64 - asking for updates is against forum rules.

Please acquaint yourself with the forum charter HERE.

Cheers
    Oops sorry, I take it back.

Advertisement