Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"no Irish " ad in Oz

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    That's not what you said though. You said you knew what he was talking about based on your years of having lived in Australia, and that you associated the Irish with a pack of wasters, which you claimed was a "selective quote" even though the actual quote was two millimeters above it.

And plenty of other posters pulled you up on it too.

Here is the quote -
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Living here I have experience of the sort of wasters that he has had applying for his job

So yes, I know exactly what he's talking about because I have encountered some of the same. Problem?
    Unlike you I didn't go off half cocked without a shred of actual evidence though.

You have actual conclusive evidence that it is the most racist place in the world? Sure you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

So you think he isn't a racist? Really, this should be good, I've my popcorn at the ready.

So you've really got no evidence whatsoever to back up your claims other than eh racism.. how interesting.

prinz wrote: »
    Can you not answer the question no?

This happened the other day, he avoids answering questions he doesn't like by asking one straight back.

He has no evidence, just more bullshit. It's embarrassing at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

So yes, I know exactly what he's talking about because I have encountered some of the same. Problem?
    Quote the whole sentence there like a good lad.
    You have actual conclusive evidence that it is the most racist place in the world? Sure you do.
    Did you even read the Human Values survey report I linked twice.

prinz wrote: »
    So you've really got no evidence whatsoever to back up your claims other than eh racism.. how interesting.
    Amazing.

He put up an advert that said "NO IRISH".

Now you're sitting there telling me that's not racist.

Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Unlike you I didn't go off half cocked without a shred of actual evidence though.

I think you'll find you did. Where is it written that Northern Ireland is the most racist place in the world?

And where have you got the information that this man moved half-way across the world purely to live out a fantasy to refuse Irish people work?

I've heard plenty of stories of people taking the big plunge for varying reasons, but this one seems pretty outlandish. And, as the Australian authorities have come down incredibly hard on him for his ad, surely it must be time to realise now that it has all been for nothing.

Suppose he will have to move on somewhere else now....

I think you'll find you did. Where is it written that Northern Ireland is the most racist place in the world?
    That has to be some kind of record.

Quote the whole sentence there like a good lad.

Gladly
    Living here I have experience of the sort of wasters that he has had applying for his job so therefore I can understand (there's that word again) why he would have a negative perception of Irish people and not want to hire them.

Point is the exact same - guy had bad experience, doesn't want more of the same working for him. Fair enough, it's not right but it's his opinion and he hasn't formed it out of nowhere.

Still problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Amazing.
    He put up an advert that said "NO IRISH". Now you're sitting there telling me that's not racist. Wow.

How does that equate to a man who was previously racist moving to Australia expressly to live out his supremist dream? :confused: 2+2 =/= 5. Laughable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

This happened the other day, he avoids answering questions he doesn't like by asking one straight back.

I agree with this synopsis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

We'll leave it here.
    There is a thread here but please read the other forum rules before posting in it. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056575889
    G'day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement